PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Penta AQ270-B Sterndrive with Nose Cone.

penbroke
05-06-2011, 08:31 PM
I picked this drive up a while back with some other stuff. I ran it for 2 or 3 hours a couple years ago and have not run the boat since. I did not notice any issues with it. It shifts fine and runs quiet. I just don't like the way the boat handles with the nose cone. The steering system in the boat needs to be super tight in order to be stable and mine is not.

Yes it has the 1.61:1 (V-8) gearset, and yes it has a fugly flat black paint job but is in good shape otherwise. Wouldn't take much to make it pretty.

These are the only pics I have just now. I will post more and better ones once the boat is pulled out. Any serious interest would help to speed that along...

I'd like to see $750 plus postage (from 05403) but am open to ideas...

Happy to help with any info or photos you may need...

Frank

Conquistador_del_mar
05-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Frank,
I did not know that a Volvo nose cone could be installed without losing the water pickup. Good luck with the sale. Back when I used to install nose cones mostly on Bravos and TRS drives, it was a $250+ job with all the installation and paint work involved. Bill

f_inscreenname
05-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Same as mine but I closed off the water pick up. My boat picks up water from the bottom of the boat.

penbroke
05-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Frank,
I did not know that a Volvo nose cone could be installed without losing the water pickup. Good luck with the sale. Back when I used to install nose cones mostly on Bravos and TRS drives, it was a $250+ job with all the installation and paint work involved. Bill

Thanks Bill.

The water pickup worked just fine when I ran it.

Frank

Conquistador_del_mar
05-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks Bill.

The water pickup worked just fine when I ran it.

Frank

Frank,
You are selling the drive for a great price in my opinion. Did you know that the nose cones are no longer available? I just called Hydromotive a couple weeks ago, and they aren't making any more - they also checked the warehouse - they are all gone now. Bill

penbroke
06-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Here's a few more pics... Yes, there is a shift cover that goes with it. The fairing where the cone blends with the drive could use some clean up.

Frank

penbroke
03-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Still available. Summer's on the way!

Frank :lookaroun:

penbroke
03-29-2013, 08:18 AM
bump

Frank :wrench: