PDA

View Full Version : 1972 sweet 16

chime walker
05-04-2011, 12:58 AM
boat has been re gel coated and transom has been sealed up to allow for new outdrive hole for mercruiser. got rid of the Ford/ Volvo set up and have a fresh Merc 260/Alpha ready to be put in. motor had only 400 hours on it, i put those hours on it myself when this drivetrain was in my '86 Minx. Fresh water only, bored .020 over, all work done at professional machine shop. a 350ci. @ .020 over is a 355ci. have new Taco rub rail installed, gel coat work is flawless, red with white deck, red stripe. stripe is outlined with blue border. hull is white with red free board. Lake Tahoe boat most of its life(mid to late 70's on) parked on buoy at Tahoe Tavern ever since i was a kid. owned by long time family friends. boat is named "Outlaw", i am the third owner. have all work orders etc... from when boat was new. all red interior in great shape, redone a few years back. left hand drive like all 70's sweet 16's that i know of. just got done with my Minx and not sure i want to continue with this project. i DO NOT NEED TO SELL, but will do so if i get reasonable offers. boat is on a Vanson twin axle trailer. photos coming soon, iphone does not want to sync at the moment.

Ghost
05-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Sounds like a really cool boat.

(As a side note, I understand the site rule is that to list a boat for sale here, it must have an asking price.)

Looking forwards to the pictures. Best of luck with the sale.

Regards,

Mike

chime walker
05-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks Mike for the input. I didn't realize what the rules are....I'm looking for $12k obo the way it sits, if I do the rigging I will be looking for around $16k.

chime walker
06-12-2011, 04:26 PM
The above mentioned boat is now available for $10k obo...I mistakingly said the 350ci sbc mercruiser was bored .020 over making it a 355ci.....I meant it was bored .030 over, thus making it a 355ci.. Has transom plate and assembly, gimbal ring has been replaced, merc alpha has a s/s cleaver and a s/s round ear spare prop.

drm101
07-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Pics might help sell it.