PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising for Scot V.

Rootsy
05-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I have, left over from the "Red Mistress", a brand spanking new, in mint condition, Scott Pearson made, prop logo shifter knob.

We all know what these go for new. I have no interest in that price and hope that a few will step up and supersede that price in the name of charity to help Scot VanAlstine.

I will take sealed bids via email or PM until Sunday May 8, 2011 @ 11:59 PM. Any offers made publicly in this thread will be disregarded. I will accept one bid per bidder so make it your best offer. Minimum bid is $100

I will notify the winner on Monday May 9th and will accept payment through paypal only. I will cover the monetary loss that occurs through paypal from winner to me and will send the full amount of the purchase to Scot + % to cover the loss transfer from me to him. I will also provide visual proof of incoming money and outgoing to the high bidder so that no one thinks I am skimming.

Your winning bid will also include DOMESTIC shipping from me to you.

I sincerely hope that there are a few people who will reach deep into their pockets.

This is not going to be another auction fiasco. You buy from me, pay me and I send funds to Scot V and provide you with visual proof. Period. By bidding you authorize me to publicly identify you as high bidder once auction ends so that no one else wonders. I will not disclose final amount publicly unless winning bidder authorizes me to do such.

my email address is jaroot (at) jarootfarms.com

Thank you

J.A.Root

jl1962
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
This is a great opportunity to help Scot V and to get something really cool in exchange.

I bought one from Scott P two years ago and it is a work of art - a lot of burl and an amber glow. I don't know how many he still has, but I believe it is a very limited quantity.

If you have an old boat, or just want to add a touch of authenticity on a newer boat, don't wait.

Thanks, Jamie.

Buddyc
05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
I will bid on some stuff... Lord knows I need plenty. Even if nothing I need I will send in some cash anyway