PDA

View Full Version : Silverghost, why are you spamming the board with o

Carl C
04-30-2011, 04:44 PM
A lot of the polls show who voted and the only name in common is yours. What's up? Yeah, it's slow at work today.

silverghost
04-30-2011, 04:56 PM
No intent on my part to "SPAM" .
Just reading some older & interesting threads today and voted on some older open poles.
Many seemed still interesting such as drive type, drive showers, gauge selecion etc.
There's a lot of great old threads here.
Never used the poll feature on any website much before today,
I had no idea that these poll votes on these old threads would show-up as a new post on the forum thread search.
These old poles should be closed if new forum readers are not supposed to still vote in them .
Sorry for any issues my voting in these older poles today may have caused.

Carl C
04-30-2011, 04:58 PM
OK, it just seemed like someone was trying to wreak havoc! Good stuff but a lot of them are obsolete like the ones asking for advice that they no longer need. Don't see much need for bringing all those to the top. Oh well.

silverghost
04-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Sorry Guys:
Again I am not very web savvy.
In fact~~~
I am still using 56K dial-up .
I did vote in the old open & still active old poles, while reading old threads here.
There was not much new posted here today so I went searching for interesting Donzi subject matter.
I had no idea that by doing so these hreads would be brought back to the top and be listed as a new new forum thread post.
There was no intent on my part to "Spam" or in any way mess-up this great forum .
Again~~~
Sorry for any issue these poll votes on old threads may have caused.
Perhapps there should be some sort of time-out feature on these old open & still active poles ?

Carl C
04-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey, no problem. After an ugly thread all these polls started coming up. I just thought someone might have been up to no good. Vote all you want but I locked my polls because they have served their purpose!

silverghost
04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
I am no way involved in that thread in question.
And do not wish to get involved in any way with that thread.
That's what caused the mass migration of some of this website's best posters & supporters in 09 shortly after I joined.
I stopped posting for six months myself after the Big forum Blow-up of 2009.

Carl C
04-30-2011, 06:21 PM
I am no way involved in that thread in question.
And do not wish to get involved in any way with that thread.
That's what caused the mass migration of some of this website's best posters & supporters in 09 shortly after I joined.
I stopped posting for six months myself after the Big forum Blow-up of 2009.

I never meant to suggest that you were involved with that! I thought that it might have been someone involved in it though so I started to look into it just for something to do. I was surprised to end up with your name. No big deal. Vote all you want. I'll probably lock this thread in a bit because it should drift away so if anyone wants to get in the last word now's the time! It is fun looking at the old threads. I just looked at some of the original ones from 2000. I don't think they had polls back then. Didn't see any!

maddad
04-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Now that you're aware of what it's doing, maybe you could stop?

DonziJon
04-30-2011, 06:43 PM
It's Refreshing that someone accused of malfeasance, when confronted..Stepped Right Up and admitted they did it. I accept their explanation. :yes: DJ

Carl C
04-30-2011, 07:56 PM
It's Refreshing that someone accused of malfeasance, when confronted..Stepped Right Up and admitted they did it. I accept their explanation. :yes: DJ

Point taken but it does in fact bury the current threads. Fair warning that I was going to close this thread since it will serve no further purpose. Happy boating. :)