PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or the website???

mrfixxall
04-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I just noticed alot of old posts with ploes just poped up leading back to 2008..

Carl C
04-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Funny, I posted about that at the same time. Maybe someone is trying to bury something......

Bamboo Loui
04-30-2011, 02:48 PM
mine go back to 05?

Carl C
04-30-2011, 04:55 PM
It's silverghost.

Bamboo Loui
04-30-2011, 05:07 PM
you sure Carl that Silver Ghost caused that???-- maybe you know alot more about servers than I do.
Maybe he just answered some polls that were there?

silverghost
04-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I was just reading some interesting old threads today and decided to post on the still open poles.
Never really bothered much with poles on any wbsites before.
I had no idea that by just voting on these older poles it would show-up as a new post on that thread.
It was not my intent to mess-up this great forum.
Sorry if my poll voting on these old threads caused you any issues.
If forum readers are not supposed to vote on these old polls they should possibly be closed.
Many old poles have in fact been closed long long ago.
There are stll a lot of great & interesting old threads here with active poles.
Sorry Guys.

Bamboo Loui
04-30-2011, 05:09 PM
carl thinks you were scamming us-- I think it was a server issue-- it could not tell what was going on--you did fine

silverghost
04-30-2011, 05:37 PM
It might be a good idea to have some sort of Time-out feature on these old Polls if readers are not supposed to vote on them beyond a set date , or time period.
Some seemed to still be
of interest to me.
Why does just casting a vote on these older Polls bring the entire thread back to the top as a new thread post ?
After-all~~~
I DID vote on the poles only ~~~ But I did NOT put a new written post on these old threads ?
Just thought my vote would be added to the total poll votes~~~and that would be all that would happen ?

Carl C
04-30-2011, 05:42 PM
I've always thought that the polls should have an expiration time. You can put a time limit on them but if you don't they go on forever and there just isn't much point in voting on a 5 year old poll asking what color gauge bezels to use. lol. Anyway it was a slow day at work so I did a little detectiving so give it up for the detective...:worthy::clap:......:lookaroun:

SG, yup, it brings them ttt.

Carl C
04-30-2011, 05:46 PM
mine go back to 05?

The trailer tire one goes back to 2-'04!

silverghost
04-30-2011, 05:51 PM
I did not pay any attention to the posting dates~~~
Just thought the threads were intereting.

The webmater should possibly just shut these old polls down ?

mrfixxall
04-30-2011, 05:57 PM
I did not pay any attention to the posting dates~~~
Just thought the threads were intereting.

The webmater should possibly just shut these old poles down ?

No biggie! i just thought my pc was on the fritz!

Carl C
04-30-2011, 06:02 PM
carl thinks you were scamming us-- I think it was a server issue-- it could not tell what was going on--you did fine

Agreed. Glad it wasn't someone with bad intent. I'm home now. It's 55* and this is the first time I can remember that I haven't boated in April:mad:. Hmmm, I wonder what the oldest open poll is.....

Sweet little 16
04-30-2011, 08:16 PM
the first thing we say is search they boards find the info then when someone does do that and then posts it is a spamming???
a thread is a thread and it should be as long or as old as it needs to be. Information doesn't have an expiration date, things we may take for granted or "a given" over time being here are still "unknowns" to newer members. Questions we may have had in the past that we have long found answers too, are still unanswered questions to the new. our old answers to old questions might be the new answer to new questions.