PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Donzi Scorpion

Bubba Dog
04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Special Edition Classic 18, factory equipped with "Blue" Scorpion 377. The Scorpion 377 is a 6.2L, hand built motor by Mercury Racing, balanced and blue printed. This rare Donzi is one of only half a dozen produced. Straight out of the box she runs low to mid seventies. Ordered without Scorpion graphics, she is a real sleeper.
Bravo One outdrive
Mirage Plus 25P Prop
Trim tabs, with mechanical indicators
Gaffrig gauges w/ Scorpion blue bezels
Dual batteries
approx. 180 hours
Nice Integrity brand trailer, dual axel, alloy wheels (including spare), w/ electric brakes
Switchable thru hull or prop exhaust
More pictures available upon request
$28,500

Thanks,
Bubba:cool:
919.529.1856 or e-mail: boot8291@touchnc.net

fasttrucker
04-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Where are u located? fresh or salt?

Bubba Dog
04-25-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm in North Carolina, mid-state near Va. line (zip 27522). Fresh water.

Just Say N20
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Pictures.

Gorgeous boat.

Bubba Dog
04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Pictures.

Gorgeous boat.

Thanks Bill, and for your help posting the pics.

Bubba:shades:

Buddyc
04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow beautiful boat. Best of luck with the sale...

roadtrip se
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Oh no, don't make me buy it back! For anybody on the fence, this is one sweet 18 that gets going and stays gone. And very rare, one of five with the factory Scorpion installed.

Good luck with the sale Bubba!

Bubba Dog
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Oh no, don't make me buy it back! For anybody on the fence, this is one sweet 18 that gets going and stays gone. And very rare, one of five with the factory Scorpion installed.

Good luck with the sale Bubba!

Hey, Trip,

I hope you and Jill are well. Yeah, she is one sweet machine.

Best to you both,

Bubba

Bubba Dog
04-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Wow beautiful boat. Best of luck with the sale...
Thanks Buddyc. Best of luck on your repower, ya know they (Mercury Racing) make a 383 Scorpion.:cool:
Bubba

Donziweasel
04-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Todd, I thought when you owned it, it had K Planes.

roadtrip se
04-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Todd, I thought when you owned it, it had K Planes.

No, this boat doesn't really need tabs any way. I did work with Bennett to revise the stops and the senders to get the plates to retract higher on the transom. It greatly enhanced the boats ability to fly and land evenly.

I'll say it again, I spent a little time on the set-up of this boat, but after it was all done, this thing just rocked. We sold it to put some funds together to buy a cruiser, or we would still have it.

Bubba Dog
08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Price adjusted from $32,000 to $28,500.

poorboy
09-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey Bubba, It was great getting with you this past weekend. I wish the weather would have cooperated and not gone sour so we could have cruised the Kerr in the scorpion. You have a super clean fast Donzi and who ever buys it will be getting a very rare boat. Good luck with the sale.

Bubba Dog
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey Butch,
Thanks, for the kind words. It was good to see you guys too, man that BB Taylor was wicked. Send me some pics of the new three liter Merc when you get a chance. Still have a couple of months left in the season, we may get a chance to run the Classics together yet.

Magicallbill
10-23-2011, 01:18 PM
I am the original owner of this boat. I custom ordered it and enjoyed it immensely for several years. I sold it to Todd and Jill because I needed to buy a Dodge Dually to tow my Grady White.
Great, reasonably quick package that looks fab and makes a real statement on the water.
I also custom ordered the Integrity Trailer.

Good luck selling..That boat was fun.

Team Jefe
10-24-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm not in the market or I would be all over this thing....I have rode in it with Jill at the helm in PK. Simply awesome ride. After a few Jefe Aviation Pointers, Jill had this baby flying high and Me with a HUGE grin on my face. here in one of the Pics.

Bubba Dog
10-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Hey Magicallbill,
Thanks, for the good wishes.
Rock on,
Bubba:cool!:

Bubba Dog
10-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Jefeee, que pasa,
Awesome pic, thanks for posting.

Lively-one
12-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Bubba,

Tried to send a PM but your deal is full. Is this boat still available? Thanks

ablively@att.net

Lively-one
12-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I am very happy to report that this boat is no longer available...as of earlier today I became the proud Father of a beautiful 18' Donzi Scorpion. I want to thank Bubba Dog, AKA Michael, for going out of his way to make this event a very pleasurable one. He clearly went out of his way to accommodate me. I also want to mention that over the course of the last few days he and I spoke several times about the Donzi Registry Community and we agreed that it is made up of a great bunch of people. I think I can speak for Michael when I say that we both feel fortunate to be associated with all of you. All the best

Bubba Dog
12-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Heads up Houston, there is new gun it town.

Bubba Dog
12-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks Adam. This was a no nonsense transaction, a pleasure dealing with you.
It is true, all I've met in the Donzi community have been super good people. I've told this story often, although, I dont think I've posted it. When I picked up the Scorp the Trips were very kind, they fed me a steak dinner and put me up in their awesome lake front home. Many thanks to Scot too, this is a wonderful network of people.
I'm on the search for a vee-drive 18,

roadtrip se
12-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Gald to see the boat going to someone excited about getting involved in the community. Sometimes, something special like this boat will disappear which is not good. Look up Jefe, he is going to be tormented by this being in his backyard and there are a bunch of Clear Lake folks that run on occassion!

Lively-one
12-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info Trip. It would be fun to make some Clear Lake runs and get involved with some other Donzi owners in :us-texas:.

Jraysray
12-27-2011, 07:09 AM
Man, our group is growing! Look forward to seeing you on the water! Stay in touch with the board! I'm one of those Clear Lake people.

Lively-one
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Hey Scott, Thanks for getting in touch. I would enjoy getting to know ya'll and making some fun runs around Clear Lake and surrounding area. If ya'll have a local organized Donzi Club, and would have me, I would love to join at some point.

I am planning to collect a Corsican and an X-18 to restore also. I have a particular Corsican in mind that I have been familiar with since I was a kid...my family used to race our 18' Classic against it from about 1966 to 1970. The original owner, and old family friend, recently passed away and his family is helping me locate the current owner. I plan to restore it as a tribute to him...should be a neat project. The same family also still owns his old 35' Cigarette but I think it may be too much boat for my first restoration.

Anyway, keep in touch!

Team Jefe
01-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Tormented???? ........ yes:lookaroun: but happy it will be in the 'hood!!! especially if it comes with a Bikini Clad Super Hottie
like the last time I was onboard:kingme:

Adam, welcome to the madness, send me your info and we will get you plugged into the SE Texas Fun

teamjefe@comcast.net 713-825-2443

JimG
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Adam, we are running on Saturday.. check out the Salties thread...

Lively-one
01-14-2012, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]{$pagetext}[/QUOTE]

Info sent moments ago...thanks!