PDA

View Full Version : Good & Bad Day Out....

fogducker III
04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
The sun god was with us yesterday so we took advantage of it......

Yeller (Glen) Titan (Mark) and I did a short run through the Gulf Islands.

I met up with Yeller at the boat ramp in Brentwood Bay, I had launched at Cowichan Bay, and 30 seconds from the boat ramp the RCMP inflatable pulls along side us.....:nilly:

We go through the motions and get the typical lecture about loud boats and off we go, went around to Sidney and met up with Titan. Started to head out and Yeller had some issues......under the hatch for a while and figures out the intercooler is "pooched"......basically bypasses it and gets her going, took it easy because with some water ingested, not sure what if any damage was caused.....:confused:

Basically a good day out, but not long enough....:yes:

Hope everybody is having a great Easter!!!!

yeller
04-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Like I said yesterday, "Even a bad day on the water is a good day"!

Thanks to Mark and Jeremy for helping me out. :yes:

I'm pretty amazed the boat even ran with the amount of water it was sucking in. I could have easily hydraulic'd the motor and bent a rod, but it seems ok. :crossfing:

Just need to find a new cooler and I should be good to go. :)

zelatore
04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
What was the source of the water? Internal leak on the cooler?

yeller
04-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Yes, internal leak. I pulled it off last night, but haven't tested it to see if I can locate the hole. I'm not going to try and repair it, because it'll probably leak somewhere else, but I am curious.

VancouverMark
04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
The sun god was with us yesterday so we took advantage of it......

Yeller (Glen) Titan (Mark) and I did a short run through the Gulf Islands.

I met up with Yeller at the boat ramp in Brentwood Bay, I had launched at Cowichan Bay, and 30 seconds from the boat ramp the RCMP inflatable pulls along side us.....:nilly:

We go through the motions and get the typical lecture about loud boats and off we go, went around to Sidney and met up with Titan. Started to head out and Yeller had some issues......under the hatch for a while and figures out the intercooler is "pooched"......basically bypasses it and gets her going, took it easy because with some water ingested, not sure what if any damage was caused.....:confused:

Basically a good day out, but not long enough....:yes:

Hope everybody is having a great Easter!!!!

I was out in Vancouver yesterday too for a good run, although the cops stayed clear of me ;) Is there a noise law here? I run straight exhaust and don't have silent choice on this one. Am I in for a string of tickets this season?

fogducker III
04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes, internal leak. I pulled it off last night, but haven't tested it to see if I can locate the hole. I'm not going to try and repair it, because it'll probably leak somewhere else, but I am curious.

I am trying to find the link for the intercooler site.....WAY cheaper then Procharger....:wink:

PS. My GPS showed 82mph before I had to back-off....Jacqui was NOT pleased.......:boggled:

fogducker III
04-24-2011, 12:34 PM
I was out in Vancouver yesterday too for a good run, although the cops stayed clear of me ;) Is there a noise law here? I run straight exhaust and don't have silent choice on this one. Am I in for a string of tickets this season?

Officially, there is no noise restrictions on the ocean on the west coast of Canada, there are some local by-laws on certain lakes......having said that, there are some Transport Canada laws that relate to exhaust configurations, apparently, according to one of the marine RCMP officers, if you have Silent Choice or similar, the switch to operate the system must be in the engine bay so it can not be changed while operating the boat...?? Not sure how true this is or even WHY...???

Best thing to do is go through the Transport Canada site as well as the Coast Guard Regs......it gets confusing what you can and can't do..............:boggled:

mrfixxall
04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php?cPath=218&osCsid=5b81dcf8d97895737b2939f73e77b40a

tell yeller at the end of the season to run antifreeze through the cooler so it dont freeze and crack :)

Offset
04-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Sounds like a great day. Glad the problems did not stop you folks from enjoying the day on the water. Great pictures.:wink:

yeller
04-24-2011, 08:35 PM
http://www.frozenboost.com/index.php?cPath=218&osCsid=5b81dcf8d97895737b2939f73e77b40a

tell yeller at the end of the season to run antifreeze through the cooler so it dont freeze and crack :)
I usually go one better and remove it and bring it inside. This last winter was the first time I didn't. I kept a light in the engine bay all winter. The times I checked, it was doing it's job. I don't think the damage was from freezing, I think it was from age.

Thanks for the link. Great prices on that site, but I have pretty limited free time, so I'm going to need a direct bolt-in replacement.

VancouverMark, 20+ years of boating in/around Vancouver and I was never stopped on the water. It seems the water cops are a lot more active on the island.

Just Say N20
04-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Pismo
04-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Great shots, spring is here finally.

VancouverMark
04-25-2011, 08:34 PM
I usually go one better and remove it and bring it inside. This last winter was the first time I didn't. I kept a light in the engine bay all winter. The times I checked, it was doing it's job. I don't think the damage was from freezing, I think it was from age.

Thanks for the link. Great prices on that site, but I have pretty limited free time, so I'm going to need a direct bolt-in replacement.

VancouverMark, 20+ years of boating in/around Vancouver and I was never stopped on the water. It seems the water cops are a lot more active on the island.

Yeller
I live right in Coal Harbour, looking at the marina here and I must see at least 10 runs of the various cop boats a day come through here and my marina! My Donzi sits among Sailboats so I stick out like a sore thumb LOL Especially when I fire her up, I make the walkers on the seawall jump 3 feet in the air! hahahah