PDA

View Full Version : CJmike

Donziweasel
04-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Cjmike,
Don't know if you are still around, but I am looking at a 1975 CJ-5. Anything I should look out for with that year CJ? Thanks!!!! :)

mrfixxall
04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Cjmike,
Don't know if you are still around, but I am looking at a 1975 CJ-5. Anything I should look out for with that year CJ? Thanks!!!! :)

just check the rear of the frames,,rear corners where the leaf spring attach's to..they rot their..

CHACHI
04-23-2011, 06:48 PM
John,

What happened to the Bronco?

Ken

CJmike
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Yep what he said. Make sure the frame is solid. Next would be to check the body for rust. If you can find a v-8 thats a plus. Power steering is nice to have as well. An older one, late 60's, with a buick V-6 in it was available from the factory. Thats a great set up. The t-18 4 speed is fairly rare and is the most valued. Other than that they are pretty basic rigs. They should have a dana 44 rear end and a dana 30 front end. Pretty good stuff unless you mod the rig out.

Donziweasel
04-23-2011, 07:02 PM
What happened to the Bronco?

Ken, I had to sell her last Sept. Needed the money and it needed more money than I had to finisher her. Things have picked up though.

Yep what he said. Make sure the frame is solid. Next would be to check the body for rust. If you can find a v-8 thats a plus. Power steering is nice to have as well. An older one, late 60's, with a buick V-6 in it was available from the factory. Thats a great set up. The t-18 4 speed is fairly rare and is the most valued. Other than that they are pretty basic rigs. They should have a dana 44 rear end and a dana 30 front end. Pretty good stuff unless you mod the rig out.
04-23-2011 05:48 PM

I have had 2 before, a 7 and a 5. Both were 258's. I have always wanted a 304 CJ, and not the 80's ones that were down to 125 hp.

She is a 1975, complete resto with a new 304. Unfortunatly, she is a 3 spd, not a T-18. Power steering, no power brakes. Steel body, not a fiberglass replacement and no rust. Actually looks pretty good. New interior and the price is right. Thanks for the input. I will send a pic or two when I get here. It will probably be after AOTH before I can go pick her up.