PDA

View Full Version : Aoth xi cam!

roadtrip se
04-22-2011, 01:42 PM
http://lakecumberland.com/allcamz.php

This link refreshes automatically and gives you a view of some of the docks and the water conditions at the mouth of Jamestown Marina.

On Monday, we launched the Formula after doing some maintenance and I took her out for a quick spin. The water is up almost 32 feet from the normal pool, but the conditions were as good as I have ever seen them this time of year.

Let's get ready to rumble in a few weeks! In the mean time, keep an eye on things for yourselves!

zelatore
04-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I'll be there. And I'll try not to cry too much about not having my own boat there as well!

Carl C
05-16-2011, 06:27 AM
The cam is stuck on Friday night?

zelatore
05-16-2011, 09:34 AM
The cam is stuck on Friday night?

Yikes - I just clicked it to take a look and I got a near-black image with rain on the lens. I though 'whoa- must be a hell of a storm!' Then I realized it was stuck on an old image.

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
maybe its under water :shocking:

Sweet Cheekz
05-16-2011, 08:09 PM

I'm not sure what your issues are with RT or the awakening and I really dont care but I must say this is very funny

and theoretically possible I think

Parnell

Jraysray
05-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure what your issues are with RT or the awakening and I really dont care but I must say this is very funny
Parnell

LOL, knock it off Fixx, at this point everything makes me giggle. Like one giant dysfunctional family.

I feel a poll coming on...... (gotta figure out how)

Were all still family btw... Thanks Uncle Don A!!! :wink::wink:

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 09:24 PM
LOL, knock it off Fixx, at this point everything makes me giggle. Like one giant dysfunctional family.

I feel a poll coming on...... (gotta figure out how)

Were all still family btw... Thanks Uncle Don A!!! :wink::wink:

Accuatly im working on a xtranormal video,,stay tuned!!:wink:

Buddyc
05-16-2011, 09:35 PM
:wink: Now Thats funny

mrfixxall
05-16-2011, 09:35 PM

Parnell

Honestly i dont have a problem with him! :wink: I didn't really mean for anyone to get hurt or ruin their boat and didn't think about the liability end of the insurance..I have never done a event and didn't know their were any other insurance to carry besides the 1mil balloon in coverage i carry..That part skipped my mind..i always herd stories that their were big logs in the water so i told tyler to make sure he has under water insurance..
Not my fault RT read into the quick post i made and now???

When you call a member a troll,a ass and tell them to crawl back under a rock,that's when it gets personal and im sure after he reads this response he will use some more choice grammar school words...

you guys be safe and have fun..

fogducker III
05-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Can the first person there climb the pole and smack that camera please..?????:nilly::wrench::wink:

roadtrip se
05-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Honestly i dont have a problem with him! :wink: I didn't really mean for anyone to get hurt or ruin their boat and didn't think about the liability end of the insurance..I have never done a event and didn't know their were any other insurance to carry besides the 1mil balloon in coverage i carry..That part skipped my mind..i always herd stories that their were big logs in the water so i told tyler to make sure he has under water insurance..
Not my fault RT read into the quick post i made and now???

When you call a member a troll,a ass and tell them to crawl back under a rock,that's when it gets personal and im sure after he reads this response he will use some more choice grammar school words...

you guys be safe and have fun..

Fixx,

I know you are a model citizen and all, but you are the one that over-reacted when I simply asked you not to put words in my mouth. "In other words"
means, "to simplify" or "to restate" or "what he met to say was". Simple as that. I DID NOT SAY WHAT YOU STATED. Read it again, and again, if necessary, until it sinks into your skull.

The rest came after you seemed to think it was okay to make a personal call on my mental state and hope that I ran over a house at the rally. I also saw something from you, that you quickly deleted, about bringing 30-100 cyclists down to AOTH, as in a Gang, like this was supposed to be intimidating or something.

Whatever your agenda, why don't you just quit while you are ahead? It really is just stupid.:wink::wink:

FWIW, no one runs here without proper insurance as we collect a copy of every policy as part of the registration process. The club also carries insurance. We have it covered according to some fairly decent legal advice.

Carl C
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Can the first person there climb the pole and smack that camera please..?????:nilly::wrench::wink:

Soooooooooooooooo, smack the camera plz. :)

Ranman
05-20-2011, 08:06 AM
The cam is working. The date and time are off, but there are 10 Donzis in the slips already!

Jraysray
05-20-2011, 10:37 AM
:cool: that sun sure is bright:cool:

Carl C
05-20-2011, 11:56 AM
YAY! Looks like they're out running now. :)

mrfixxall
05-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Fixx,

I know you are a model citizen and all, but you are the one that over-reacted when I simply asked you not to put words in my mouth. "In other words"
means, "to simplify" or "to restate" or "what he met to say was". Simple as that. I DID NOT SAY WHAT YOU STATED. Read it again, and again, if necessary, until it sinks into your skull.

The rest came after you seemed to think it was okay to make a personal call on my mental state and hope that I ran over a house at the rally. I also saw something from you, that you quickly deleted, about bringing 30-100 cyclists down to AOTH, as in a Gang, like this was supposed to be intimidating or something.

Whatever your agenda, why don't you just quit while you are ahead? It really is just stupid.:wink::wink:

FWIW, no one runs here without proper insurance as we collect a copy of every policy as part of the registration process. The club also carries insurance. We have it covered according to some fairly decent legal advice.

You Win!!:bighug:

Buddyc
05-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Looks like a nice weekend and cool how all the boats are docked and lined up...Jealous

Carl C
05-20-2011, 05:33 PM
They're coming in! I've never backed into a slip before; I'd have to practice first if I ever do AOTH.

Jraysray
05-20-2011, 07:18 PM
They're coming in! I've never backed into a slip before; I'd have to practice first if I ever do AOTH.

Carl.......... You just have to back in!!!! That's the cool way!!! Cool way for cool boats. Start learnin'!!!!

Fishermanjm
05-20-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm jealous too buddyc,,, Carl I thought u were there for some
reason. The classic handles soo much different from my maritime
skiff. I need to get a handle on how she handles around the dock

Jraysray
05-20-2011, 07:25 PM
I counted 12 boats. Are there more? Must be some trailer boats.

Donzi_Dude
05-20-2011, 07:56 PM
the cam is very cool.

i wish all the very best!

wish i could be there.

:boat:

roadtrip se
05-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Boat count is around thirty. People count is around one hundred.

One tow today. Not bad. He'll be back on the water tomorrow. BTW, we are going to the Falls for the first time in five years tomorrow for the raft-off.

Great run. Better crowd.

axelkloehn
05-21-2011, 02:57 AM
screenshot

looks like nice weather and big fun- wish I could be there....

Jraysray
05-21-2011, 06:43 AM
BTW, we are going to the Falls for the first time in five years tomorrow for the raft-off.

Why 5 years, is it a weather thing?

Wakey wakey hands off snakey. Ponies are ready to run.....

http://www.duo-county.com/~duoftp/netcam.jpg

mike o
05-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Satellite view of the lake and Marina. Zoom in and out :yes: to view the place, lake is cool.:wink:http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GZAG_enUS432US432&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=jamestown+marina&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jamestown+marina&cid=0,0,14208019336759250872&ei=oq3XTbrdNqXh0QH0s6D8Aw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCgQnwIwAQ

h20loo
05-21-2011, 07:26 AM
That water looks like glass- where are the skis?

Donziweasel
05-21-2011, 07:47 AM
That water looks like glass- where are the skis?

With all the rain, the water is a little chilly. Weather has been epic though.......

Hmmm.....mild hangover today, glad Me and Boo Boo bailed out when we did last night. Good time though...... :)

Buddyc
05-21-2011, 08:41 AM
With all the rain, the water is a little chilly. Weather has been epic though.......

Hmmm.....mild hangover today, glad Me and Boo Boo bailed out when we did last night. Good time though...... :)
Hair of the dog my friend...Good day for a raft up

boldts
05-21-2011, 09:21 AM
The reason for not going to 76 Falls on Lake Cumberland the last 5 years is because of the work being done on the lakes dam. Water levels have been kept down so that repairs could be made and you just couldn't get back to the water falls.
It really is a must see location on the lake. When the water is flowing hard as it should be this year with the rains we've had, you can take a boat back behind the water and the land itself. It's awesome!
aoth270.jpg
OK someone help me out......lol forgot how to add a picture. This one has been uploaded I think.

Somewhere I have an even better shot of a cute young lady on the front of a yellow X18 from NewHamp. going behind the falls. Can't find it right now though.

Jraysray
05-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Underneath where you reply you will see this.

Additional options / Manage Attachments

You will see where you can attach files

Donziweasel
05-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Great day today!!!! The fun run was a blast. Only bad thing was that Brian did break his prop shaft on the ZX today. At least we were only a 1/4 mile from a marina. Got a great ride in Tim's 22 after that though...... :)

Buddyc
05-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Great day today!!!! The fun run was a blast. Only bad thing was that Brian did break his prop shaft on the ZX today. At least we were only a 1/4 mile from a marina. Got a great ride in Tim's 22 after that though...... :)
good to hear you guys are havin fun...

boldts
05-21-2011, 06:37 PM
It's been great seeing so many come back to the docks this afternoon. Kinda surprising as most after Saturday's activities put the horses on their trailer for there early morning leave time.

There has been however a group who have banded together to make an early run up the lake to Conley Bottom Marina for breakfast on Sunday morning. I always had a hard time even getting outta bed on Sunday morn due to the sunburn from Fri. & Sat. along with usually a very late night at the auction and interactions with all the attendees. I always knew that many of them I wouldn't see again until next year or at a later Donzi gathering somewhere else I was able to attend.

If you've never been to one of the Donzi gatherings being held throughout the year, make an atempt to visit one. Maybe do a different one each year if your time allows. You'll find no matter which gathering you attend, you'll meet wonderful people who share the Donzi Mystic with you. You'll never be alone in any way. Don't know how to back a boat into a slip? No worries when you have 50 some pairs of hands all willing to help you and guide you in your learning. One caution though and I know this from experience.....if you happen to be riding in a Classic with an owner....let them do their thing until the boat is in the slip. Ask me how I know how slippery that engine hatch can be. LOL

Wishing everyone a great time tonight at dinner & the auction. Tom (Fishin Sucks) is a wonderful MC and great at keeping the bidding going up.

Be safe in your travels home. It's amazing the weather you all have had. They are calling for 9 days of thunder storms starting tomorrow here in Ohio. By the looks of the clouds rolling into Jamestown, you may be getting that tonight. Somehow even if it rains, it always seems to go away for the main activities. I'm sure the Midwest Donzi Club had some special help in the weather area. Thank-you Randy!

Carl C
05-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Great write up, Scott. Maybe I can make it next year and master the art of backing into a slip. Glad everything went well and I enjoyed following it on the web cam. So who climbed the pole and smacked it anyway? :)

Jraysray
05-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Glad it went so well. Congrats to the vols that put this on. Obviously this is a labor of love of our community.

RedDog
05-22-2011, 08:34 PM
what fun! Pics and video later in the week. So tired...