PDA

View Full Version : atlas shrugged

Bamboo Loui
04-17-2011, 03:46 PM
did anyone? --anyone?--see the opening of ATLAS SHRUGGED this weekend??

I did not, but I did read the reviews-no surprize to me what I read from the mainstream press or the reviewers from the left coast.

I live in such a rural area tha I will have to wait for the DVD.

GHOST---- what about you?

gcarter
04-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Laine and I are looking forward to seeing it.
Just think!
The first Conservative movie since John Wayne in "Green Beret".

That's too long!

Ghost
04-17-2011, 06:21 PM
did anyone? --anyone?--see the opening of ATLAS SHRUGGED this weekend??

I did not, but I did read the reviews-no surprize to me what I read from the mainstream press or the reviewers from the left coast.

I live in such a rural area tha I will have to wait for the DVD.

GHOST---- what about you?

Definitely right up my alley. I haven't seen it yet, but absolutely will within a week. (Had planned to catch a premiere, but that was overcome by other stuff.)

DickB
04-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I just finished reading the book a couple of weeks ago. Just watched the trailer now. We don't often go to the theater - I always seem to get behind me the person who likes to kick the seat in front or the couple who loves to comment on everything. We prefer our humble home theater. But I make an exception for any James Bond movie, and may for this one too.

DonziJon
04-17-2011, 06:51 PM
The last movie my wife and I went to IN a Theater was Titanic. It was excellent. :yes: I guess we don't get out much in our declining years. :) DJ

Ghost
04-17-2011, 08:04 PM
One thing that disappoints me about this film is that they re-set it in the modern day. I suppose that saves untold millions in production costs, but I'm a little concerned about what will be lost with that.

Nonetheless, I am excited to see it. Dick, congrats on finishing the book. I take it you must have enjoyed it in same fashion at least, given you got through it.

It's about time I picked it up for another read, come to think of it. It's been since the mid-late 90s. (Probably about the time Jon was seeing Titanic. :wink:)

Bamboo Loui
04-18-2011, 10:47 AM
[quote=Ghost;598009]One thing that disappoints me about this film is that they re-set it in the modern day. I suppose that saves untold millions in production costs, but I'm a little concerned about what will be lost with that.

I also would have like to see it in the time frame it was written because it might serve as a lesson not to where we are going but from where we came and why we are in the mess we are in. But you are right--tight budget.

I have read it twice and have given it to many many people as gifts over the years, I have a special edition on the shelf as I write this-- it amazes me how so many people pooh-pooh this book, yet last year it sold over a half a million copies--should be required reading--- maybe at least we could teach people how to run a lemonade stand instead of how to get more money from everyone else without working for it and the value they would be providing by creating something--even if they were only creating pride and self worth.