04-12-2011, 05:33 PM
So far it is the weekend of July 24th.

Theme: Bushwhackers and Snuggies!

Inferno
04-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Count me in !!!

roadtrip se
04-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Us too. Packing steaks for Saturday night.

Trueser
04-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Something to think about.

The Hedgehog
04-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Something to think about.

We would love for you to come Mike. It really is a good time.

The A Dock crowd is excited.

RedDog
04-13-2011, 07:19 AM
Had an excellent time last year - got to do it again. Timing sounds good.

BUIZILLA
04-13-2011, 07:29 AM
i'm in

bringing the bus and the 16 this time, need 2nd space from end please..

Donziweasel
04-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Looking at plane tickets as we speak....... :)

Great time last year, wouldn't miss it!

sweet 16 1966
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Jim, you bringing Mrs.? That would be cool.

BUIZILLA
04-13-2011, 06:21 PM
doubt it Russ, she's taken over 7 day care of her 92yo mother..

sweet 16 1966
04-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Jim, understood- She would enjoy it.

The Hedgehog
04-19-2011, 10:50 AM
A softball team just booked everything left in the marina for a tournament.

We need to move it. That would make it on the 17th, 18th and 29th. We can have lots of options then.

Let me know if this works and we can nail down blocks of rooms so this does not happen again.

Donziweasel
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Almost purchased my ticket yesterday. Glad I held off. Let me check tickets and prices tonight. I know Lenny mentioned he wanted to fly in as well.

Sweet Cheekz
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Sweet Now I can make it on either weekend

Parnell

LadyGrizz
04-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Hmmm...17th and 18th is a Sunday and Monday? I'll be in Iowa, dang it. If y'all opt for the weekend of the 29th, I'm in!

The Hedgehog
04-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Hmmm...17th and 18th is a Sunday and Monday? I'll be in Iowa, dang it. If y'all opt for the weekend of the 29th, I'm in!

I will let you know Barbara. They were mentioning something about the softball folks sticking around until Thurs or Fri. My guess is that they stay until they lose.

Donziweasel
04-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Bill, start a poll. I need to peg it down. Tickets went up from the original date by 100.00 in a week. I am good for whenever, but would love to see Barbara there. :)

The Hedgehog
04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Bill, start a poll. I need to peg it down. Tickets went up from the original date by 100.00 in a week. I am good for whenever, but would love to see Barbara there. :)

I would too.

My problem is more of availability than which weekend. Heck, I want everyone there.

I am getting some pretty good nods for the 29th. I will try to pin them down tomorrow.

Worst case, we will have a Roamer full on Thurs night before we horrify the remainder of the softball folks into leaving.

BUIZILLA
04-19-2011, 09:30 PM
then we need the first 3 RV spots, I need a long space with 50 amp...

roadtrip se
04-20-2011, 08:45 AM
We can do either one. Need it settled so we can get a flight booked for Jill.

The Hedgehog
04-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Ok so the weekend of the July29th it is. I have 3 spots reserved. They are together but not on the end. 50 amp and I have been told that they will handle a big RV. I will monitor cancellations and try to grab the end spots if they open up.

There are 3 floating cabins available and ALL non floating cabins are available. Get them while you can.

I will scout additional hotels on Fri.

Sweet Cheekz
04-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Do you have any contact info for the non floating cabins?

Parnell

Donziweasel
04-20-2011, 12:45 PM
tickets are VERY VERY VERY cheap. If this it for sure, let me know and I will pull the trigger. And BARB CAN COME!!!! :):):) Barb, hope you can make it. Been a while since I saw ya. Looking foward to it!

Tidbart
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Ok. Everyone is booking sites and cabins, but nobody has said where.:confused:

B

roadtrip se
04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.halesbarmarina.com/

Tidbart
04-20-2011, 02:35 PM
http://www.halesbarmarina.com/

Thank you, Sir.:)

B

The Hedgehog
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
It is true. I have already reserved the camp sights.

BUIZILLA
04-20-2011, 04:13 PM
what are the 3 site numbers?

Donziweasel
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Plane ticket from JAC to ATL for 250.00 purchased- Check!

Secured my berth in the front of Brians boat- Check!

Loose fitting life jacket in case I have to go through the locks in Buiz's Critter so I won't have to wear one of his CO2 inflatable ones- Check!

Now, I do see a problem. As we know, last year the Bushwackers ran dry a few times. If we have the same number, we will need 2-3 Bushwacker machines. If we have more, and I think we will, we will need 4-20 machines....... :) Can BW machines be rented in Chatt? I will throw in......

If we want to have a raffle or give-a-way, then I am feel I should contribute as many have hooked me up before. I am officially donating the camo snuggie to a raffle or give-a-way. So, if you were on the fence about going, now I am sure you will make it if you have a chance to win such a fine piece of apparel. :)

fogducker III
04-20-2011, 05:19 PM
OK, so where do I fly into? Which is the nearest airport? Is this one of those "dry" states/countys? Do I need to smuggle some good Canadian beer? Does somebody have a spare seat?

John, can I put dibs on the snuggie? I think I will need it to sleep on the dock.....:boggled::yes:

Sweet Cheekz
04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Called and they said they have nothing available of any kind. Any other ideas?

Parnell

The Hedgehog
04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
You can fly into Chattanooga, Knoxville or Nashville.

Nothing avail? I will call tomorrow to get the scoop. I can find options. Some of the softballers may be holding out.

Nothing dry here. Lots of booze.

I can assure you that you don't want to get two machines going at the same time. That has been done. It makes A-dock look like a nuclear blast zone after a couple of hours.

roadtrip se
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
I think I will need it to sleep on the dock.....:boggled::yes:

I think Spankie, meaning the three-legged Pomeranian A-dockmaster, would have to permit such an activity. And trust me, you don't want to mess with this dog. I hear he likes camo.

fogducker III
04-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I think Spankie, meaning the three-legged Pomeranian A-dockmaster, would have to permit such an activity. And trust me, you don't want to mess with this dog. I hear he likes camo.

LMAO.....now I know it isn't a dry state I don't think I will mind the extra warmth from Spankie sleeping beside me on the dock.....:wink:

I saw the airports Hedge listed, any advantage to flying into ATL like DW...?

Sweet Cheekz
04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Booked a holiday inn 3 miles down the road but let me know if they have anything.
Thanks
Parnell

Just curious Do you run thru downtown Chatt? How far do you run?

Sweet Cheekz
04-20-2011, 07:07 PM
I saw the airports Hedge listed, any advantage to flying into ATL like DW...?

150 miles and a lot of traffic

Parnell

fogducker III
04-20-2011, 07:25 PM

Parnell

Gottcha.....:wink:

Donziweasel
04-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I can assure you that you don't want to get two machines going at the same time. That has been done. It makes A-dock look like a nuclear blast zone after a couple of hours.

And this is a bad thing? :) Seriously, we will have a bigger crowd this year, we might want two. I finished 1 and had to wait an hour for #2 last year......tell Jamie I will rent it if he will work his magic on it.....

Acually only 100 miles. Takes and hour and 45. ATL is alot cheaper to fly into for me than the others. Plus, Stan, Brian, Me and some others will be coming that way so you could probably catch a ride. Nashville is about the same, Knoxville is a little longer.

Parnell, Bill will get you something at A bar. :)

Man, funny they are so busy this year, it was pretty quiet last year.....except for A dock!

The Hedgehog
04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
I will continue to work on arrangements. I am also hoping that my fav camp spots open up.

Dueling drink machines......the A Dockers are going to love that. It ought to be good.

The Hedgehog
04-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Booked a holiday inn 3 miles down the road but let me know if they have anything.
Thanks
Parnell

Just curious Do you run thru downtown Chatt? How far do you run?

We dock up in downtown at the city docks. This year Christina and I are kicking around the idea of having the e-shuttle set up for a trip across to Northshore.

We can run to Chickamauga dam if you like. It is a decent run. I like to head back down the gorge after a long lunch.

Sweet Cheekz
04-20-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm just along for the ride, wherever is great

Parnell

Donzi Vol
04-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Dibbs on the bottom bunk in the Dave room.

Donziweasel
04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
I had a long talk with Bill today about the situation at Hales Bar. Unfortunatly, Hales Bar gave Bill some bad info when setting this whole deal up. There is currently a lack of rooms for everyone at Hales, but this means very little. We do have dibs on any rooms that come available, and the general consensus is that the softball teams involved in the tournament will be leaving earlier than expected. Plus, any other room cancellations from people not involved in the tournament, and there will be some, will automatically go to our group. We even spoke of getting the managements 3 bdr houseboat as it sits next to Bill's Roamer for a few folks.

Now, this being said, even if you are not confirmed a room at Hales, you probably will get one. You need to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn for now. It is very close and in many ways, is a great alternative.

For those of you who did not make last years event, be aware, the boat ramp is a mile or two away from Hales towards the Holiday Inn. Gas is about 4 miles away towards the Holiday Inn. Even if you were staying at Hales, you would be driving back and forth from A Dock to your cabin as it is not really walking distance. Hales is vast to say the least and the rental cabins are at the other end from A dock. Now, you will simply drive a little farther.

Please do not let a lack of rooms at this point discourage you from coming to this great event. 1. You will most likely get a room at Hales even though they are a little lean on rooms right now. 2. You would be driving back and forth to your room at Hales anyway, so it is not really that much of an inconvienence. 3. Gas and the boat ramp are close the Holiday Inn. 4. You can keep your boat at A dock if you wish. 4. Friday night we will most likely be eating out near the Holiday Inn. 5. Not everyone stayed at Hales last time, but EVERY one had a blast no matter where you stayed.

So, make your reservations at the Holiday Inn as a backup for now. Things will work out, they always do. This event is well worth it and from what I have been told, because this is the only one I have been to, unlike any other Donzi event, period! :)

The Hedgehog
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I had a long talk with Bill today about the situation at Hales Bar. Unfortunatly, Hales Bar gave Bill some bad info when setting this whole deal up. There is currently a lack of rooms for everyone at Hales, but this means very little. We do have dibs on any rooms that come available, and the general consensus is that the softball teams involved in the tournament will be leaving earlier than expected. Plus, any other room cancellations from people not involved in the tournament, and there will be some, will automatically go to our group. We even spoke of getting the managements 3 bdr houseboat as it sits next to Bill's Roamer for a few folks.
Now, this being said, even if you are not confirmed a room at Hales, you probably will get one. You need to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn for now. It is very close and in many ways, is a great alternative.
For those of you who did not make last years event, be aware, the boat ramp is a mile or two away from Hales towards the Holiday Inn. Gas is about 4 miles away towards the Holiday Inn. Even if you were staying at Hales, you would be driving back and forth from A Dock to your cabin as it is not really walking distance. Hales is vast to say the least and the rental cabins are at the other end from A dock. Now, you will simply drive a little farther.
Please do not let a lack of rooms at this point discourage you from coming to this great event. 1. You will most likely get a room at Hales even though they are a little lean on rooms right now. 2. You would be driving back and forth to your room at Hales anyway, so it is not really that much of an inconvienence. 3. Gas and the boat ramp are close the Holiday Inn. 4. You can keep your boat at A dock if you wish. 4. Friday night we will most likely be eating out near the Holiday Inn. 5. Not everyone stayed at Hales last time, but EVERY one had a blast no matter where you stayed.
So, make your reservations at the Holiday Inn as a backup for now. Things will work out, they always do. This event is well worth it and from what I have been told, because this is the only one I have been to, unlike any other Donzi event, period! :)

Thanks John.

This is all so. The error they made is for Thurs and Friday night. Sat will not be a problem. I would encourage everyone to book Sat at the marina and we will pick up openings as they come. I had a good chat with the manager and he was upset about their mistake. He is committed to fixing it. For now, secure rooms at the Holiday Inn for the first part. I looked at it today. It is a relatively new Holiday Inn Express. It is only a mile or so from where we are having dinner Friday night anyway. I doubt anyone will want to go far after that. Los Margueritas has powerful drinks. As Weasel can attest, even the Pina Coladas are strong.

Like John said, I would not let this be an issue. We can park boats in the marina and open docks. I will secure covered slips by A dock at no charge for the weekend. Even if you are to have to stay at the hotel Thurs or Friday night, you can park boats at B-dock. Trailer parking will not be an issue at the marina either. The early arrivals can park trailers at A-dock.

What Hale's Bar lacks in modern amenities, they gain in a laid back attitude. Big parties and loud boats are cool. At A dock, they are a must.

I would encourage everyone to come. You will not regret it.

The Hedgehog
04-25-2011, 06:37 PM
BTW, I talked with Bobby Kean about the idea of dueling drink machines. He agreed that it would probably level the A-dock peninsula. He thought that may be a good idea and can secure another machine if we "really want that."

I also talked to Spankie (Jamie's 3 legged Pomeranian) about the potential overbooking problem. He was PISSED. He told me not to worry about it. He said he would run the softball people off by Tuesday.

So, how does everyone feel about the dueling drink machine idea?

Donzi Vol
04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
This thread is hilarious.

If anyone decides to fly into Knoxville, let me know and maybe we can hook up. If our schedules match, you're more than welcome to ride along.

Can I get a favor from you guys? Please PM cutwater and tell him that he's coming. Seriously...everyone PM him. He'll know it's from me :)

The Hedgehog
04-25-2011, 07:14 PM
This thread is hilarious.

If anyone decides to fly into Knoxville, let me know and maybe we can hook up. If our schedules match, you're more than welcome to ride along.

Can I get a favor from you guys? Please PM cutwater and tell him that he's coming. Seriously...everyone PM him. He'll know it's from me :)

That is another good travel option. Dave may have to put the pie in the back of the Pathfinder though! lol:wink:

Donzi Vol
04-25-2011, 07:20 PM
That is another good travel option. Dave may have to put the pie in the back of the Pathfinder though! lol:wink:

Haha. I've got a certain one in mind now actually. Not chocolate, though. Never been much for chocolate :wink:

Donziweasel
04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
+1 for dueling Bushwacker machines..........or one could be a pina colada machine. Oh yeah, never mind, I lost my man card over that one last year. Jim never did give it back........ :)

Dave you had better make it!!!! And, me and Todd we talking and your presence has been highly requested at AOTH. I have the RV available if you need a place to crash, we rented a Chalet........ :) I'm serious about the RV!

Donzi Vol
04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
+1 for dueling Bushwacker machines..........or one could be a pina colada machine. Oh yeah, never mind, I lost my man card over that one last year. Jim never did give it back........ :)

Dave you had better make it!!!! And, me and Todd we talking and your presence has been highly requested at AOTH. I have the RV available if you need a place to crash, we rented a Chalet........ :) I'm serious about the RV!

I'll be at both with bells on! Thanks for the generous offer of the RV, but I just booked a cabin this afternoon.

roadtrip se
04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
-A certain HP Donzi 27ZX goes up in flames trying to out run some Classics from the North AND the South. Taunt one year, pay the next, and dearly.

-Spankie manhandles Max, AGAIN. And just about everybody else, too.

-GAS TO GO for everyone! 200 miles of solid river gorge running anyone? Why not, lets go, we have sunlight!

-Two Bushwacker Machines on A-Dock? Can you say MELTDOWN?

-Yes, DW will probably order ANOTHER Pina Colada at a Tex-Mex joint, who the heck does that? But wait, I hear it has 151 in it.. a man's drink for sure.

-A room is a room, so book it..

-Smoked ribeyes on Saturday night, after a great day on the water. Oh yeh.

All good. Nothing else like it...

The Hedgehog
04-26-2011, 11:25 AM
FYI, the number for the Holiday Inn Express in Kimball Tn is 423-837-1500. As stated earlier, you can park boats at the marina.

Tidbart
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Made a res at the HI last night.

Called Hale's last week, had to leave a message, did so, and they never called back about a reservation.:frown:

B

BUIZILLA
04-26-2011, 12:37 PM
good to see you and the new wife coming Bob...

you won't regret it :eek:

we promise... :kingme:

Tidbart
04-26-2011, 01:05 PM
good to see you and the new wife coming Bob...

you won't regret it :eek:

we promise... :kingme:

She doesn't know it yet. She is lost in the Amazon somewhere until next week.:)

B

The Hedgehog
04-26-2011, 01:55 PM
She doesn't know it yet. She is lost in the Amazon somewhere until next week.:)

B

Call Hale's Bar now. Stan just booked a cabin.

Tidbart
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
No cabins available for Friday still. Saturday only.

B

The Hedgehog
04-26-2011, 04:27 PM
No cabins available for Friday still. Saturday only.

B

Thanks. I will stay on them.

RedDog
04-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Holiday Inn booked for Friday night. 1 BR floating cabin booked for Saturday night.

Yee-Haw!

The Hedgehog
04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Holiday Inn booked for Friday night. 1 BR floating cabin booked for Saturday night.
Yee-Haw!

Good man

Donziweasel
04-28-2011, 06:53 PM
I arrive in Atlanta at 3:55 on Thursday. Got a rental car if anyone needs a ride......

cutwater
04-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Alright, I'm planning on being there...

Donzi Vol
04-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Alright, I'm planning on being there...

Awesome! You won't regret it man. Give me a call when you get a minute and we can talk logistics.