PDA

View Full Version : Donzi: The Porsche Of Powerboats!........

Carl C
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I'll still take my ZRs straight up but great to see this on the cover of a mainstream boating mag! :) Look out "Powerboat", this issue is heavy on high performance including an item on thunderboat row & Don Aronow. :)
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/CARLC222/Pictures395Medium.jpg

Buddyc
04-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Now that is one hell of a Bowrider...:eek:

Carl C
04-09-2011, 06:58 PM
It goes 78 mph with the new Mercury 8.2L production engines.

Buddyc
04-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I think its great... Would love one. Is it 300k plus?

Carl C
04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I think its great... Would love one. Is it 300k plus?

$279,000 bare bones as tested. It needs the 525s. They gave it a great write up though.

MOP
04-09-2011, 10:20 PM
It is easy to get fixated on the photo, a wow shot looking good and running sweet!

Planetwarmer
04-09-2011, 10:26 PM
That is the same boat that was at the Tulsa boat sport and travel show this year. I wonder if it is still located at the new Donzi dealer here.

GBond
04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Interesting....Wonder how many actually sale?

jstrahn
04-10-2011, 12:41 AM
I thought Porsche was the Porsche of powerboats... :confused: :wink:

Great looking Donzi. That would be a hell of a ride up there on the bow.

MOP
04-10-2011, 06:47 AM

Riding a bow rider at speed can very dangerous, hit a wake and the bow hops flipping passengers in the air. Great place for hanging with some wine and cheese!

Carl C
04-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Riding a bow rider at speed can very dangerous, hit a wake and the bow hops flipping passengers in the air. Great place for hanging with some wine and cheese!

Mop, they warn about that in the article. I'll try to post the whole article later. Got to work today.

Rumblefish
04-10-2011, 07:35 AM

Actually you nailed it.. that is a Donzi... Built in 2007 by Donzi for Fearless..

It is the Porsche of Donzi. see the thread I learned this from
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=585814&postcount=4

Mr X
04-10-2011, 08:17 AM
That is the same boat that was at the Tulsa boat sport and travel show this year. I wonder if it is still located at the new Donzi dealer here.
No, it is currently at the factory. And yes, it is fantastic!!!

DonziJosh
04-11-2011, 09:14 AM
The red one is at Donzi South; there's a retail-sold one being built in NC at the moment. Pretty sweet machine. We've done over 80 in that boat, but as Randy says in the article, when we hauled out the boat it had shrink wrap tape all over the bottom which probably scrubbed off a couple MPH... Oops.

As for the bow seating, it is perfect for rafting up, idling through extended no-wake zones, or hanging out dockside or while at anchor. The layout significantly enhances the usable space on a 35' performance boat. I rode up there for the sake of the article, and while at WOT it was awfully windy and a little bumpy, at a 50 MPH cruise it was completely comfortable. Overall not the "daredevil" sensation I'd anticipated.

Perhaps Donzi's most popular boat right now is the 38 ZFX Open, a 38' triple-outboard, 75 MPH center console with wraparound bow seating. Riding in the bow of that boat at a 50 MPH cruise doesn't feel much different (even though the bow seating is deeper). People want more room and more space, so while the concept isn't new, we'll definitely be seeing more of these "crossover" type boats in the future.

VetteLT193
04-11-2011, 09:33 AM
This 35 would be the perfect step up boat for me (for those that don't know I have a 28 ZX Open). I absolutely love this boat!!! Super hot! But the price. Holy crap. I know it is a lot bigger but half the MPG (at a slower speed) and an MSRP around 300 grand when you add in tax, tag, title, and trailer is a bit much to swallow.

The other thing that is disappointing is the obvious lack of 'fixes' of things that the 28 had wrong with it. most notably is the lack of some kind of channel/gutter in front of the windshield to help move the water off to the sides. What happens when the boat is outside and covered is the water runs down the windshield, under the bow cover, and into the forward area. The two covers either need to be attached to help run the water out of the boat, or there needs to be a gutter of some sort to channel water away. The 35 actually looks much worse because they kept the notch of the standard 35 so it will actually channel water into the bow instead of away from it.

What is even worse is all the dirt from outside goes down there with the water so you absolutely can not leave the forward carpet in because the drain gets half clogged and takes a bit to drain, leaving the carpet soaked.

While I don't have this problem anymore (inside storage) a boat that's 35 feet in length needs to be capable of spending its life outdoors.

zelatore
04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I totally understand the bow rider's functionality; I grew up with them. But I just can't get past the look - in my 'stuck in the past' head, performance boats need that long deck out front to look right!

But hey, if anybodies offering me a ride in one I'm not going to turn them down or anythint...

Last Tango
04-11-2011, 12:21 PM
What I dislike most about the open bow design is that it is an iresistable draw for the bikini chicks. Why is that bad, you ask? They go up there to sunbathe and you are left all alone at the helm to drive the boat as their chauffeur. They want to go slow so you don't spill their glasses of wine. And they call back to you to for refills. Instead of being the Ships Master, you are now just the boat boy.:kingme:

Conquistador_del_mar
04-11-2011, 12:51 PM
What I dislike most about the open bow design is that it is an iresistable draw for the bikini chicks. Why is that bad, you ask? They go up there to sunbathe and you are left all alone at the helm to drive the boat as their chauffeur. They want to go slow so you don't spill their glasses of wine. And they call back to you to for refills. Instead of being the Ships Master, you are now just the boat boy.:kingme:

I would much prefer to be the boat boy than a cabana boy - especially considering the distracting view - lol. Bill

somerville99
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Where's the application form?

gcarter
04-11-2011, 01:54 PM
You can be stubborn about it!
They'll come back to the cockpit if you wait long enough......
Ya gotta keep the wine in a cooler in the cockpit, not up there where the picture shows.

CHACHI
04-11-2011, 06:39 PM
You can be stubborn about it!
They'll come back to the cockpit if you wait long enough......
Ya gotta keep the wine in a cooler in the cockpit, not up there where the picture shows.

THE VOICE OF EXPERIENCE.

Ken

The Hedgehog
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Lake Nickajack. Yesterday. They came in an open bow boat. End of story

Buddyc
04-11-2011, 07:25 PM
now thats a sandwich I can sink my teeth into

Carl C
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Photobucket is down but here is the article in large enough file to blow up.

Buddyc
04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow 64 mph burning 58 Gallons per hour. Pass everythng but the fuel dock

The Hedgehog
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Anyone that mentions fuel burn after the sandwich pic is to be left at the fuel dock.:shocking:

The Roamer will burn 80 gallons per hour at 20 MPH while holding a whole room full of sandwiches. Thank goodness I only run at 10 or so and the scale is not linear.

Now back to the hijack!

roadtrip se
04-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Anyone that mentions fuel burn after the sandwich pic is to be left at the fuel dock.:shocking:
The Roamer will burn 80 gallons per hour at 20 MPH while holding a whole room full of sandwiches. Thank goodness I only run at 10 or so and the scale is not linear.
Now back to the hijack!

Only one picture? I know you have more than that. Somebody say something about fuel burn? The only thing I am thinking about is sun burn.

Carl C
04-12-2011, 06:59 AM
There is only one problem with the sandwich. I should be the meat between the two pieces of white bread. With lots of oil, no vinegar. Hopefully the guys got to join the fun after a few more rounds of drinks.

The Hedgehog
04-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Only one picture? I know you have more than that. Somebody say something about fuel burn? The only thing I am thinking about is sun burn.

That is about it. Kind of like a few coves at Lake Cumberland on the hot days.

Buddyc
04-12-2011, 07:47 AM
Would like to see more pics than the little tease..lol one from behind would have been the money shot:eek:

gcarter
04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Notice the girls are nice and trim, but the guys in the shot are a bunch of lard asses.........
Too many of those beverages I would guess.:wink:

Buddyc
04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Notice the girls are nice and trim, but the guys in the shot are a bunch of lard asses.........
Now .that's funny

Ghost
04-12-2011, 11:49 AM

This is just awesome. Stacked up like girl-pringles.

The Hedgehog
04-12-2011, 12:24 PM
This is just awesome. Stacked up like girl-pringles.

Pringles! That is priceless.

zelatore
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I've noticed the price of Pringles has gone up recently. This explains a lot.

Carl C
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM

George, why r u looking at the guys? :nilly:

The Hedgehog
04-12-2011, 05:28 PM

I was trying to avoid saying that but......:shocking:

gcarter
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM

I was wondering what attracted the girls in the first place.......
I'm still wondering.

Buddyc
04-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I was wondering what attracted the girls in the first place.......
I'm still wondering.
Its probibally another girl there looking at in the boat...:):):yes::yes: