PDA

View Full Version : Hudson River Donzi Clubs?

donzigirl11
04-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know if there are any Hudson River Donzi Clubs?

Ed Donnelly
04-08-2011, 12:06 PM
There is a little Donzi get together just north east of you in Aug..

Its the 1,000 Islands get together and all are welcome .................Ed

Kirbyvv
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
The Lake George Donzi Dust-Off is June 17-19, 2011.

jl1962
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Well - the Hudson River does come realllllllly close to Lake George!

Join us there.

Marlin275
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know if there are any Hudson River Donzi Clubs?

We are just a few members short of a club but Greg Guimond has the first classic Donzi I have seen on the Hudson River in ten years.
John C in PA, who is a member contacted me about getting together this year on the Hudson.

So it is starting to come together like never before.
We are down near the George Washington Bridge area of the Hudson.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59044&d=1286126959

This is one of Greg's many boats . . .

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59046&d=1286126959

John C in PA
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
We are just a few members short of a club but Greg Guimond has the first classic Donzi I have seen on the Hudson River in ten years.
John C in PA, who is a member contacted me about getting together this year on the Hudson.

So it is starting to come together like never before.
We are down near the George Washington bridge area of the Hudson.

This string is coming at a good time. Jamie called today to let me know my little boat is finally done :yippie: . Carpet, cockpit cover, thru hulls, stringer repair, etc. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow :yes:. Just in time for $4 gas :shocking:

John C in PA

Greg Guimond
04-08-2011, 06:19 PM
If you are on the NJ side then be sure to get your season pass for the GW ramp. It's well hidden and one cool place to splash your Donzi :pimp: Next one south is at Liberty State Park. Pretty cool to have the Lady to port as you head up river into the 6 foot ferry rollers! Few more, but not for the average boater, just eccentric's like me LOL

MOP
04-09-2011, 06:29 AM
If there is any organized thing on the Hudson Walt till know, I will drop him a note to chime in here.

Sweet little 16
04-09-2011, 07:21 AM
never heard of a organized Donzi club or event on the hudson.

the events I know of are this one which they usually run twice once spring once fall. You have to be willing to run with the big boys in some snotty stuff.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/249165-hudson-river-spring-fun-run-may-7-2011-a.html

Then in June the NYC poker run usually around the same weekend as the Donzi event in Lk George. Again for the big boys.

check out www.boatupstate.com they usually have a good handle on events in the upstate NY area including the hudson.

Walt. H.
04-09-2011, 09:54 AM
If there is any organized thing on the Hudson Walt will know, I will drop him a note to chime in here.
No Donzi group or event that I know of, only the big boyz from further south near NYC "Sweet Little 16 mentioned" and when they power cruise north up the Hudson to here on the Rondout in Kingston, they usually stop to eat at the Steel House Resturant:beer: before heading back down the Hudson river in the afternoon where the water turns to salt again.
Its a wild thing to watch them all leave and power up together turning the river into a roostertail of white water that sounds like a Nascar race with the roar of 43 engines making big H/P. :drive::checkered:

donzigirl11
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Hello, Thanks for the heads up about the May river run to Steel House in Kingston. I keep my boat in Marlboro NY at West Shore. Have some planned repairs that I need to get finished. Hopefully I can get them done by them. Not sure my 23ft Ragazza going to keep up with them... but it would be fun to tag along behind. LOL
Kathy

Walt. H.
04-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Hi Kathy,
I have no clue when that group makes their run, and the pic I posted was taken last year some time during Aug or early Sept and not one of those boat was a Donzi.

WH

MOP
04-10-2011, 07:03 AM
I am sure there will be mention on OSO in their events section.