PDA

View Full Version : Lake Winni update...

LeadSledMerc
04-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I just searched for an update thread about the hard work in changing the speed limits on Lake Winnipisaukee, but couldn't find anything. If there's already a thread, I'll delete this one.

I recieved an email yesterday from the "Safe Boaters of NH" and thought it was worth sharing. Read through what they had to say and click on the link at the end to lend your support.

A very big thanks to all of you guys that have been center stage working this issue, I sure hope it goes through!!

Keith

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your past support in removing speed limits from NH waterways. With your help we have made very large strides in finally passing legislation that works.

As you may know SB 27 will be coming before the House Transportation Committee in the next couple of weeks. We have worked nonstop with Legislators, Lobbyist's and The Dept. of Safety to finally develop a bill that will improve our lakes region economy and begin to remove over bearing restrictions on Lake Winnipesaukee.

SB 27 as amended will increase the daytime limit in "The Broads" - The largest portion of the lake by 10 mph to 55mph. This is a sensible compromise that will allow personal freedom back onto our lake and allow all boats to enjoy it safely.

To accomplish this goal we have developed an email system that will allow you to write a simple email and in the click of a button convey that message to the entire NH House of Representatives members.

This system was worked on and developed over a six month period for this one and only task. Even if you have signed our petition in the past this is an entirely new campaign.

We ask that you visit our website to send a very simple message of Support for SB 27 to NH Representatives so they know we are the majority of boaters that want common sense laws returned to our Big Lake.

The two minutes it takes you may result in decades of improved boating for thousands of people.

Please visit:

WWW.SBONH.ORG (http://www.sbonh.org/)

to log your email.

Sincerely,

Scott Verdonck
President, Safe Boaters of New Hampshire

HIGH LIFE
04-09-2011, 03:10 PM
I saw one on OSO under the New England section. "HIGH LIFE"

LeadSledMerc
04-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Come on all East Coast guys and anyone else for that matter that's willing to help fight speed limits on the lakes.

Please help the cause to increase the speed limit on Lake Winni and send an email to the NH Representatives. All you have to do is click the link at the end of my first post and it'll walk you right through...only takes 2 minutes if that...Thanks!