PDA

View Full Version : My wife's favorite boat

Conquistador_del_mar
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
A couple years ago, a rental customer of mine passed away. His wife sold me this Electric Feather boat that was in his boat stall. I think I painted it for him about 20 years ago. They use a custom built trolling motor and you steer with a small lever on the left side. They have reverse and two forward speeds all done with switches, also on the left. Deanna loves leasurely crusing this discontinued type boat at our local city lake. The canoe in the picture is a 1967 Sawyer racing canoe - very long and fast! I love the canoe and Deanna loves the Electric Feather. Best $400 I ever spent. Bill

mike o
04-06-2011, 02:45 PM
It a sawyer "champion".........:yes:

CHACHI
04-06-2011, 05:21 PM
[quote=mike o;596670]It a sawyer "champion".........:yes:[/quote

Go figure,..................canoe guys.

Ken

mike o
04-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Im in good company..........:kingme:

CHACHI
04-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Im in good company..........:kingme:

Yes you are. :wink:

Ken

Ghost
04-06-2011, 08:20 PM
You really need to keep the lady happy.

Good guy that I am, I will make you a few quick k on the Martini. :wink:

Conquistador_del_mar
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM

Mike,
I am glad to know that. Have you seen a few of them before? I'm sure the technology has been improved since it was made, but I really like it. It wouldn't work well in the Canadian wilderness where you really need a keel on those big lakes with a cross wind. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
You really need to keep the lady happy.

Good guy that I am, I will make you a few quick k on the Martini. :wink:

Thank goodness I have a friend willing to help me out - :yes:.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-09-2011, 02:36 AM

Mike,
I will measure it, but 19' sounds about right. Should I measure it from the farthest point on the curved stern or just the top length? Is there any chance a bow top plate could be found for it? It was missing when I got it. Bill

mike o
04-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Top, see if the other cap fit on the other end. You can make a plug out of the cap you have, if it fits. If it mesures 17' 11" its the "Cruiser" model.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Top, see if the other cap fit on the other end. You can make a plug out of the cap you have, if it fits. If it mesures 17' 11" its the "Cruiser" model.

Mike,
The canoe measures 18' 2" on the top from the bow to the stern and is 18' 5" to the back of the curved stern. The stern protrudes 3" farther than at the top of the stern. Bill

mike o
04-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Bill, 99.9% sure its a champion. The missing bow cap would protrude out about 1 ". So total length laying flat on the floor, of 18'6" which is an ACA race boat spec.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Bill, 99.9% sure its a champion. The missing bow cap would protrude out about 1 ". So total length laying flat on the floor, of 18'6" which is an ACA race boat spec.

Thanks Mike,
That confirms what the man told me when he traded me the canoe for boat storage. He said it was a Sawyer racing canoe, but he never mentioned the actual model name. He probably never knew it. Ironically, it just dawned on me that I Imroned both of the boats in the pictures - one about 20 years ago and the other about 3 years before he traded it to me. To me, Imron can be a verb - lol. Bill