PDA

View Full Version : AOTH XI theme t-shirt design

roadtrip se
04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks again to Jeff aka Tamburello for yet another great design for the t-shirt this year! See you at the run in May!

synack
04-03-2011, 09:28 PM
That looks sharp! Well done!

hot shot
04-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Jeff, nice work, would love to see you at aoth... are you comming ? Mick

tamburello
04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks. Wish we could make it this year but unfortunately we can't. We sure miss seeing everybody and we'll be back one of these years.

glashole
04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
can't really make out if it has a blackhawk drive on the back or not

FISHIN SUCKS
04-08-2011, 07:55 AM
can't really make out if it has a blackhawk drive on the back or not
......oh, and I can see the ZX on the hatch too! what a maroon, you probably pronounce your Z's as Zeds too:nilly::nilly::nilly:

mrfixxall
04-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Why does the shirt have to symbolise one boat all the time??
why couldn't the shirt be a bunch of donzi's like a 16,18 22 and maybe throw in some zx's in a scene on a lake..Sorry but i think this theme boat pic belongs next to the big boy burger sign..

Tony
04-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Shirt design looks great, Jeff, as usual.

Hope all is well with you and yours out in sunny CA...west Michigan misses you!

:yes:

glashole
04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
why couldn't the shirt be a bunch of donzi's like a 16,18 22 and maybe throw in some zx's in a scene on a lake..Sorry but i think this theme boat pic belongs next to the big boy burger sign..

if you put all the event tshirts together from all the years you eventually will have the whole Donzi line-up in theory

roadtrip se
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Fixx,

AOTH has had a theme for years. It's a tradition. Sometimes it's a boat, sometimes it's not. Last year was the 22 Classic and there were three different kinds of 22s on the shirt. This year the theme boat is a 16, so yep you guessed it, we have a 16 Classic on the shirt design. We leave the actual design elements up to Tamburello and I have had people approach me about ordering event t-shirts from this year that aren't even planning on attending the rally, so most folks like them.

BTW, I floated suggestions for this year's theme several months ago and the
overwhelming choice was the 16. Feel free to chime in next year, when we ask for feedback on the theme for AOTH XII. As for the Big Boy analogy, gimme a break.

boldts
04-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Jeff has always been a wonderful addition to the theme and ideas of our gathering t-shirts. When I was designing with an idea and working with Jeff to put it on our shirts for the year, I'd simply give Jeff a thought that usually came to me in the shower while getting ready for work. Jeff would take my thoughts and always give us an excellent representation of what I was wanting on the shirt for the year. The people who are now running the MidWest Donzi Club, many who worked with me when I was the president, are doing a great job. It's always hard to please everyone all of the time.

If it were easy, anyone could do it and we'd have a Donzi gathering in every state of the USA on every weekend of the year. Awakening of the Horses has become one of the best gatherings of Donzi boat owners in the whole country. It takes alot of hard work and dedication by those putting the gathering together.

We've also celebrated lost friends who were Donzi owners. They are dearly missed and have been a blessing to all who got to meet and interact with them. I think one of my all time favorite AOTH shirts was the Don Aronow shirt of 2006. We not only celebrated Donzi boats, but every company boat that Mr. Aronow gave birth to. As a note, the very 1st AOTH shirt design included a couple different Donzi models mainly the ZX & Classic to represent that all model owners were invited to the gathering.

AOTH is not a Donzi Classic only gathering. It's held on Lake Cumberland in KY and anyone who wants to attend is welcome to come to the gathering. The Cigarette club has attended for many years and enjoys running with the Donzi owners. It's about having a great time with many wonderful boat owners.

You won't find a better representation of a 16' Donzi Classic on any other shirt. If you don't happen to own that model it's no big deal. I didn't own every Donzi model the club has honored. I've ridden in a 16 though and they are such fun boats. You feel like your ridding on a surf board going 60 plus or at least that is how I felt. LOL So exciting!

Thank-You Jeff. Oh, did I mention the club has never been asked to pay for these designs? Jeff has openly offered his artistic talent and done these designs for the gathering for all the years except the first 2 years of the gathering. He does this for the love of the boats. Did I also mention that not only does Jeff own a Donzi, but lives his life daily from a wheelchair. He is an amazing human being with a spirit that can't be matched by many. Jeff will run a Donzi 18' Classic to the ultimate abilities of the boat.

Come to AOTH XI. You'll go home with many more friends met, a full belly from the food and who knows, maybe a very special item bought at the auction used to fund these fantastic gatherings.

Registration forms available at: http://www.mwdonziclub.com

Ed Donnelly
04-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Scott ; As always, very well stated, and informative......................Ed

boldts
04-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to say sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone with my prior post. I really miss meeting all of you and rekindling friendships every year in KY.

Maybe something many of you didn't know and why the 16' Classic is the perfect boat to honor in Randy's rememberance. Hard to believe, but the club has never honored this model yet. That was always something I tried to do every year when picking a Donzi model to honor. I always wanted to not repeat a prior celebrated model.

Also, maybe Todd knew this, but a Donzi 16' Classic was the 1st model that Randy's family had purchased when he was a kid. I believe the boat still is in the family under his sister's family care.

I won't be able to attend the Celebration of Randy's life being held on the 16th which saddens me trendously. If someone asked me to descripe what Randy has ment to me over the years I knew him........I often used the words 2nd father. I used to always be refered by him as a guy compairing apples to oranges. Randy always took the time to tell me exactly how it was whether good or bad. I remember an instance after I had just bought my 22' Classic. I had big dreams of inprovement I wanted to do. We're rafted off together and Randy comes around and asks to look at the engine compartment. I open it up and he starts telling me all the junk that was in there. LOL Point blank and to the point. This to a man who loved his Donzi more than any other material item in my life.

There are so many more memories I shared with Randy. The 1st ride in his Criterion. We're doing 80 down Lake Cumberland and he looks over and says.....Would you like to drive? I'm sitting in the middle! I respectfully said NO.......thats ok. LOL Then there is my 1st trip with my 18" Classic down to Sarasota for the home town rally. I had an uncle who lived there and I had never really spent any time with him so I said I'm driving down from Ohio. I get there and one of the 1st people there to welcome me was Randy. It's Saturday and we're going across the bay for lunch. Remember......this is big boat water. Thats what I loved about my Donzi more than anything else. I was never scared to take my boats into big waters. A true destiment to their design. After lunch we're heading back across the bay. The winds had picked up incredably. I didn't have a GPS, radio or any other way to find my way back to Sarasota. Randy asked me if I was ready. I said lead the way sir. I'll stay as close as I can. All I could see was the stripe on the deck of the Criterion as I bounced over the waves. I followed that stripe all the way back to the docks safely and soundly. The last most memorable time I got to spend with Randy was a trip to Barbara and Randy's home in GA. Randy was trying to finish some things on his new boat docks. His boats were kept under cover and on lifts to keep them wonderfully preserved. Here are 2 of the most desireable Donzi models sitting on lifts under cover. Now another reason I was there was because Randy had offered the use of the Corsican to me at the following weekend Donzi gathering down at Lake Eufaula. While visiting, we worked on the dock in the mornings and then special other places and events in the afternoon. A ride across Lake Lanier in the Corsican to visit with Tom and his new to him classic Chris Craft. A prop test with another Donzi owner looking to add speed to his Classic and probably one of the coolest places for a engine guy, Gary Grimes performance engine shop. A place where people aren't allowed to just walk through the shop yet Randy and I walked in like we were the owners. Spotless and so many performance cars, boats, race cars.......I was in heaven! We get back to the house and Randy says to me. Lets load the boats on the trailers so I can check a few things before leaving. I'm figuring ok I'll drive the trucks with the trailers to the launch ramp. Randy hands me the keys to the Corsican and explains to me how to get to the ramp. I felt like that young teen with his father getting to drive the boat for the 1st time. Only difference is I'm getting to drive not only Classic Donzi boats, but FAST Donzi Classics. As I started the engine of the Corsican and backed it out of the dock, my heart was racing. Then came the Criterion. As the engine came to life......All I could think of was don't damage Randy's pride and joy. I was at the controls of a 80+ Donzi Criterion. I had so much going through my mind, I actually missed the turn to go to the launch ramp. Randy looked at me and asked.....What took so long? I know he was thinking I had taken a little more time to open and release the horses under the hatch of the Criterion. I didn't by the way, but just smiled and told him I had missed the turn to the ramp.

Randy was like that with all who got to meet him. A ruff around the edges motorcycle racer with the heart and soul of a father to a son. So much love and experience to give to those who would except it.

Barbara, I wish I could come down to Randy's Celebration of Life. Please if you wish, include my memories and experiences with your husband at the ceremonies. I know God will be allowing time off from angel duties so he will be with everyone for ever more at each and every Donzi gathering held that were such a big part of yours and his life here on earth.

Sweet Cheekz
04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Well done. Cant wait to hang out in Kentucky

Parnell