PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Donzi Classic 22

sschoppa
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
1986 Donzi Classic 22 323 original hours. Came off a lake in new hampshire then sat in a barn in massachusetts for 4 years until i bought it last year. boats in great shape except for a couple of tiny chips in the gel coat just above the rubrail probably from a dock and a small stress crack in the cocpit floor both are very minor probably could live w/ them unless your as picky as me. Interior is in great shape and the gelcoat has a great shine to it. The motor is the original merc tempest 350 runs great. I had to replace the manifolds last year and put on stainless marine powdercoated aluminum manifolds w/ stainless risers and new 4" exhaust w/ internal flappers sound awsome except for the $2400 it cost for the parts. also has a new battery.I have the cockpit cover and the full boat cover.The trailer is a 93 myco double axle 6k lb gvwr with spare could use some fenders and a couple tires. Used it all last years works fine. I would probably want to replace the tires if somebody was serious about bying it and had a long way to go just would want the to have any problems. Anyways not sure if i want to sell it just puttin it out there i recently saw someone sell an 89 on here w/ a blown motor and they were askin 10k. I'm going to ask $16,000 obo i don't need to sell mybe looking to step up to a zx or something w/ a cuddy for my daughter. let me know if your interested you can call me 781-389-2293 thanks, chris
*will email more pics on request

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp733%3C2%3Enu%3D6%3A34%3E68%3A%3E258% 3EWSNRCG%3D3383%3A4%3A4%3C%3B349nu0mrj

sschoppa
04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Anything? Would Appreciate any feedback am I priced too high what do you guys think. Thanks, chris

BUIZILLA
04-19-2011, 06:51 AM
IMO, the bottom paint knocks 20% off the asking price right away, so if it's worth 15k in your mind then it may be a 12k package..

the trailer work is about $500..

so, 11.5k

also, IMO, the small block 22 is a great package, and leaves a LOT of room for tinkering for the next owner

just my opinion, and you did ask, of course :pimp:

joefitness123
04-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Chris,

The 89 that sold with the blown motor was mine..It didnt get close to the asking price that I had listed it for..

Your boat is very nice and should bring a favorable number..But the market is very tough at the moment..

good luck on the sale..

Joe

sschoppa
04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I definitely love the small block run great and barely burns any fuel. Thanks for the contact Info Tom you'll probably be hearing from me. As for the bottom paint I hate it and don't know why it was done cause it sat in a lake all it life. Anyways I don't need to sell it so I've stripped the trailer and started to rebuild it also want to strip the bottom paint and hopefully save the gelcoat if you guys have any suggestions. I'm thinking if I do that I should definately Fetch a good number

DonziJon
04-19-2011, 05:15 PM
You CAN strip the bottom paint without hurting the gel coat. However, the results will probably be unsightly with an older boat. There will be minor imperfections..like unimportant stress cracks, scratches, dings and dents that will have absorbed the old paint into the imperfections, and you won't be able to get rid of them. It will kinda look like varicose veins. It will be ugly. However..you can always repaint it with a "Slick" paint (AwlGrip) to cover it up again.....give it a try. :yes: I like that boat. DJ

EDIT: I'd like to point out the "Tabs"..Wind Deflectors..on the winscreen. BIG selling point for me... a Minx owner who knows about wind deflection :)

EDIT: Neither Here Nor There: I believe the picture was taken in salt water.

daved
04-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Your post was helpful to me. I have been thinking about changing from my 86' 22 classic to something a bit bigger with a small cuddy but I still want the performance. I have no idea what to ask for my boat. My 22 has never seen salt and was painted with Awlgrip ( vivid red) last year. also, all new rail installed. The entire boat is very clean and needs only a few minor repairs to the gel. I love this boat but for long days on the lake it can be tough. I have three girls and no small porta potty.
I am going to fix the fuel guage this weekend and that is it for needed repairs. The 7.4 has new manifolds and risers from Merc and runs great. This is an alpha, so I'm not sure if it takes away from the value or increases it. I am not sure I want to sell but if i did i was thinking of around 15k with the 05 tandem axle trailer. I like the Donzi 26 Z or the 27 Fountain and just saw 26 Scarab for short $$ I will post a few pics if I decide to take the next step....
Any comments or thoughts are welcome. Dave

HIGH LIFE
06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
sschoppa, I soda blasted my 27' MAGNUM, had black than blue paint on it. the blue paint stained the gel. Had to DA lightly to remove all of it, than compound & wax. Soda blast cost $1K . Also own a 16' DONZI O/B, where are you in Ma.? I'm in Hingham. Michael cell 781-844-8082