PDA

View Full Version : Help!? Quick Question for my Z33

VancouverMark
04-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I am putting her in the water today in about 2 hours. Which prop goes on which side? I dont know if the port is left or right and same for the starboard.???

48-13704 port side?
48-13705 starboard side?

Cheers
Mark

Tidbart
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
In a standard twin-screw installation the tops of the propellers should turn outboard. Thus, viewing forward from the stern, the port prop turns counterclockwise and the starboard prop turns clockwise. The port prop is a left-hand screw and the starboard prop is a right-hand screw.

From a website.

VancouverMark
04-01-2011, 11:49 AM
In a standard twin-screw installation the tops of the propellers should turn outboard. Thus, viewing forward from the stern, the port prop turns counterclockwise and the starboard prop turns clockwise. The port prop is a left-hand screw and the starboard prop is a right-hand screw.

From a website.

Thanks!

Fishermanjm
04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
are they counter rotating?

Conquistador_del_mar
04-01-2011, 12:14 PM
I am putting her in the water today in about 2 hours. Which prop goes on which side? I dont know if the port is left or right and same for the starboard.???

48-13704 port side?
48-13705 starboard side?

Cheers
Mark

Mark,
If you have the TRS drives, look at the ends of the prop shafts. The rotation of the drive is stamped on the end of the shaft - L or R. Bill

PS In the case of my 36' Cigarette, I am turning them inwards for a little more speed. You can move the drives from one side to the other to change from inward to outward rotations. Obviously, the correct rotation props stay on the same drives.