PDA

View Full Version : 2011 22 Classic (Not Mine)

undertaker
04-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Interesting!!!:pimp::yes:

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2011/Donzi-22-Classic-2294037/Miami/FL/United-States

Rumblefish
04-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Awesome.. whats not to love about that!!!

(curious on windscreen if standard or option..along with other items)

Carl C
04-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Very interesting indeed! Open exhaust, raised X?, high back seats, full dash insert, hood scoop, aluminum fairing. No pics of the new 8.2L engine though. Someone should call and get the price :).

zelatore
04-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Very interesting indeed! Open exhaust, raised X?, high back seats, full dash insert, hood scoop, aluminum fairing. No pics of the new 8.2L engine though. Someone should call and get the price :).

that^

Looks great. Would love to have seen that 8.2. Wondering if the scoop is needed for clearance of if it's just a cosmetic thing. Normally I don't like them, but for whatever reason it didn't bother me too much on that boat.

Also curious if it's some sort of special edition like an 009 or Shelby or if they just put a lot of options on it.

Also love to see what speeds you can really get out of that 8.2. They say '70+' - I'd say that's a safe bet. 75 maybe?

Rumblefish
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Spoke with Roman at the number listed..

Roman said he just Sold it for $78,000.. options of a Shelby but couldnt put the Shelby stickers on it.

Next series out are all 2012 models.. built they way you want! he replied..

Also for the West Coast Berry Yachts in the Bay area are the direct Donzi Distributor...

Awesome....

ITTLFLI
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Great looking boat! Love that color!! :wink:

Carl C
04-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Paging N2O:
This ad needs to be preserved for prosperity before it comes down.

boating101
04-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I spoke with Roman a few of weeks ago, and he priced a 2012 for me with a July delivery date. I haven't placed the order as of this date, I thought I would try to find a clean used Classic first.

Roman setup the boat with perfection. All in all, it is probably better than both the Shelby and 009, it even has the 8.2L Mercruiser which replaced the 496HO.

If I order this boat, I definitely will buy it from Roman. His professionalism, knowledge, and followup is unsurpassed.

Rumblefish
04-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I spoke with Roman a few of weeks ago, and he priced a 2012 for me with a July delivery date. I haven't placed the order as of this date, I thought I would try to find a clean used Classic first.

Roman setup the boat with perfection. All in all, it is probably better than both the Shelby and 009, it even has the 8.2L Mercruiser which replaced the 496HO.

If I order this boat, I definitely will buy it from Roman. His professionalism, knowledge, and followup is unsurpassed.

I thought the same . He was thrilled I was asking questions to share with the Members here.

And yes he was very proud of that 22 and its set up.

Good luck on your quest for your 22.

Sweet little 16
04-01-2011, 06:58 PM
think someone should show the fountain boys how to put decals on a Donzi :p unless that's how you can tell a Fla boat from a Carolina boat ;)

besides that very nice looking 22 :yes:

roadtrip se
04-02-2011, 01:26 PM
think someone should show the fountain boys how to put decals on a Donzi :p unless that's how you can tell a Fla boat from a Carolina boat ;)
besides that very nice looking 22 :yes:

Josh mentioned on another site that he thought this boat left Donzi with stainless letters, not the stickers. If this is the case then the owner or the dealer mucked it up. The rest of the boat is wonderful, but this little mistake needs to be corrected.

zelatore
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Still love to see some pics of that engine bay to see if that scoop on the hatch is required or just for show. This is the first 8.2 Donzi I've seen. Although we don't have much history to work with, I'm happy to see this motor replace the old 8.1. I was just never much of a fan of that motor, justifiably or not.

boating101
04-02-2011, 06:49 PM
After my conversation with Roman, I also spoke with a former Donzi factory employee.

It became my understanding that, as with the Shelby, there was very little clearance to the hatch, but no problems were anticipated. Also, the 8.2L Mercruiser is suppose to be a wonderful engine.

Carl C
04-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Oooooo, big sticker booboo. I didn't catch it until I went out and looked at mine to see what y'all (I love that word...) were talking about! :shocking:.

I agree about the 8.1 (obviously)

I hope the new owner will post about the boat and the performance.

HOWARD O
04-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Give N2O some help here.

I am going to go against the grain here. I don't like it. I don't like the scoop, I don't like the windscreen and I don't like the highback bucket seats. I think they all severely distract it from the "classic" look. I don't even like the windshield on my boat. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful boat and I'd give Carl C's left arm to own it, but I would have to make some changes! :yes:

Full-throttle
04-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Awesome boat, but that hood scoop and high back bucket seats are going to take some time for me to get use too.

HOWARD O
04-02-2011, 08:43 PM
You know what? I don't even like the clamshell vents on the newer models with that black plastic base gasket. They look like they're made by Attwood or something.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a "patina" kind of guy. :boggled:

Full-throttle
04-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Those are made by Perko, $24.00 each for the clam shell vent and plastic base.
That's what were used on my 2006 Donzi 18. I thought they were special Donzi items. Nope.

Carl C
04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Give N2O some help here.
I am going to go against the grain here. I don't like it. I don't like the scoop, I don't like the windscreen and I don't like the highback bucket seats. I think they all severely distract it from the "classic" look. I don't even like the windshield on my boat. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful boat and I'd give Carl C's left arm to own it, but I would have to make some changes! :yes: Hey, give up ur own arm....:nilly: I'm not crazy about the scoop or seats. I like the dash insert, the shifter/throttle, the 8.2 engine, the aluminum fairing (I doubt you'll see many new 22Cs with windshields), the new tabs (and look how high up they go!), the open exhaust tips, the raised X. Don't like the backwards decals:bonk:.

Rumblefish
04-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Yes there are some things I wouldnt choose either as far as seats and fairing etc....But Roman has said they are "built they way you want"

And remember it sold for $78000.00 !!! (backward decals and all)

I just went out and hugged my 1987...(my resale may have went up a buck)

zelatore
04-03-2011, 11:00 AM
I actually don't mind the high-back seats and like the smooth look of the rear seat, and I really like the shifter/throttle pod. With the smooth seats I also like the aluminum fairing instead of the windshield. Also loving the motor, steering, exhaust, and tabs. Not so crazy about the scoop. And actually, I didn't like the blue dash insert that much - I'd prefer a cf dash like George did or the simple no dash/gauges set on the fiberglass look of recent 22s.

But all in all it's a pretty good looking boat. And it sounds like the new 'custom' sales strategy means you can get pretty much whatever you want.

(if you can write the check)

And although yes, it is expensive, how bad is it really compared to other similar size higher end boats? Looking at Cobalt's website, their 210 (21') with top engine (350 mag) and captain's call exhaust is over $60K. And you could run that up another $5-$10K in options pretty quickly. Go with their 230 (23') with the 8.2/BIII/captain's call, and you're looking at $90K

A Chris Craft silver bullet 20 w/350 Mag/captain's call rings in at $77.5K.

So the Donzi is expensive, and arguably less functional than any of those boats, but it's faster, has more heritage, and at a similar price.

roadtrip se
04-03-2011, 01:02 PM
The value of these things is in the eyes of the beholder, but I am with you Don. Sure makes all of those recent vintage AMH 22s that were offered in the high 20's and low 30's seem like great deals to those who snapped them up. Those who snoozed, definitely lost. You get what you pay for, no matter how much you want to badmouth somebody's asking price.

I am focused on the hatch. This is the first time I have seen one with the Perko scoops and I think it looks fine. I have looked one of these over in the past few weeks, and they aren't going to offer any real clearance advantage, as the scoop is pretty narrow.

As for the looks, I think the stock hatch is the way to go, if you don't need the air flow. Stay with the cleaner classic look, which is something I have tried to maintain on my boat all along. But I am pretty much convinced after last season that my engine needs more air. I am going to run the boat without a hatch early on this season to find out for sure. Just might be one of these in my future.

Just Say N20
04-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Give N2O some help here.
:yes:

Thanks. Income tax time. :eek: :shocking: :nilly:

boating101
04-03-2011, 01:52 PM
As it relates to the seats, the smooth look is due to another Donzi option on the boat, the seats are Carbon Fiber. If you look at the Shelby brochure, both high back buckets and the carbon fiber options were on that boat.
New Donzi Classics with their current level of pricing are not widely sold, and Roman is the one selling most of the Classic production. People with mega boat buy these as well as Donzi fanatics who will pay what they have to get the boat they want.

donzi1601
04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
when i first saw the 2011 2months ago online i called roman he said boat was sold or made for julio inglasis 73k???? would build me same boat 73K!

BUIZILLA
04-03-2011, 06:44 PM
who is Roman?

boating101
04-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Roman is the person in charge at the Marine Collection in Miami Florida.

boating101
04-03-2011, 08:31 PM
How about a question on values?
I priced this boat a month ago because I am in the market for a Shelby or Special Edition 009, and this boat is essentially a 2011 Shelby. Does anyone have advice on values.
In the 1st quarter of 2010 a Shelby (2007) with 2.5 hours and an aluminum trailer sold for $50,000.
In the 1st quarter of 2010 a Shelby (2006) with 30 hours and an aluminum trailer was advertised for $40,000.
In the 1st quarter on 2011 a Special Edition (2009) 009 was advertised at $44,995 or best offer. It sold after being advertised at this price, and didn't sell when advertised at $49,995 (it had 30 hours). [This boat even had the high back bucket seat and Carbon Fiber options].
In the 1st quarter of 2011 a BRAND NEW Special Edition (2009) 009 sold for $65,000 with a tandem axel trailer.
NADA boat values for a 2009 Classic start in the mid $40's for a 8.1L
NADA boat values for a 2007 Shelby Classic start in the mid $30's for a 8.1L
Things don't seam to average out. What are used Classics really worth?:bonk:

Carl C
04-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Too many special editions with production engines makes them not so special. (still cool though)

BUIZILLA
04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Roman is the person in charge at the Marine Collection in Miami Florida.

this place ?

roadtrip se
04-04-2011, 09:12 AM
How about a question on values?
I priced this boat a month ago because I am in the market for a Shelby or Special Edition 009, and this boat is essentially a 2011 Shelby. Does anyone have advice on values.
In the 1st quarter of 2010 a Shelby (2007) with 2.5 hours and an aluminum trailer sold for $50,000.
In the 1st quarter of 2010 a Shelby (2006) with 30 hours and an aluminum trailer was advertised for $40,000.
In the 1st quarter on 2011 a Special Edition (2009) 009 was advertised at $44,995 or best offer. It sold after being advertised at this price, and didn't sell when advertised at $49,995 (it had 30 hours). [This boat even had the high back bucket seat and Carbon Fiber options].
In the 1st quarter of 2011 a BRAND NEW Special Edition (2009) 009 sold for $65,000 with a tandem axel trailer.
NADA boat values for a 2009 Classic start in the mid $40's for a 8.1L
NADA boat values for a 2007 Shelby Classic start in the mid $30's for a 8.1L
Things don't seam to average out. What are used Classics really worth?:bonk:

I would start by ignoring NADA book values. There aren't enough of these things sold, so they just run a time-based algorithm which is not an accurate reflection of values at all. If you can get your hands on a BUC book, it's better, but the same problem applies, not enough sold.

Looking at what sold or didn't sell during the last two years, during the worst economy since the 30's, isn't a real view of the standard of pricing on these things during more normal times either. If you were lucky enough to steal one, congratulations, but don't expect to do it again.

From my view, if you can even find one for sale right now, it's a crap shoot. Just depends on how much somebody wants a boat and how much somebody wants to sell. Bring lots of cash, too, as the banks have no idea how to value these things either!

EDIT: In regards to the Shelby, there were significant differences in the level of equipment and build quality from boat to boat, so this would certainly effect the numbers, too. I have also seen absolute junk offered for trailers under some of these boats, so this can swing the price, too.

boating101
04-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Yes, the actual address is:

THE MARINE COLLECTION • 7701 NW 54 STREET • MIAMI, FL 33166

Bobby D
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Last picture (boat on forklift being lowered into the water) looks like an X-18.

boating101
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the comments on valuation. I guess I am of the same opinion, but even if it is a crap shoot, values in this market must exist.

I am interested in purchasing a Donzi Classic for the upcoming season, and whereas I have not owned a Donzi in the past, I was looking for some assistance.

I have found three ads of interest: a 2006 Classic 22 Shelby with 60 hours and no trailer; a brand new 2009 Classic 18 (300 hp) with a matching painted trailer; and a 2009 Classic 22 Special Edition 009 with 12 hours and no trailer.

After contacting the selling parties, I am of the opinion that the Shelby and the Classic 18 can be purchased for reasonable amount, but the 009 has a very high listed price.

I am not looking to steal a boat, but I am looking to pay only market. Do you have an opinion of value ranges for any of the boats? If not, I understand. The end result being one of your remarks, in today's market, it depends on how much somebody wants to sell.

roadtrip se
04-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the comments on valuation. I guess I am of the same opinion, but even if it is a crap shoot, values in this market must exist.

I am interested in purchasing a Donzi Classic for the upcoming season, and whereas I have not owned a Donzi in the past, I was looking for some assistance.

I have found three ads of interest: a 2006 Classic 22 Shelby with 60 hours and no trailer; a brand new 2009 Classic 18 (300 hp) with a matching painted trailer; and a 2009 Classic 22 Special Edition 009 with 12 hours and no trailer.

After contacting the selling parties, I am of the opinion that the Shelby and the Classic 18 can be purchased for reasonable amount, but the 009 has a very high listed price.

I am not looking to steal a boat, but I am looking to pay only market. Do you have an opinion of value ranges for any of the boats? If not, I understand. The end result being one of your remarks, in today's market, it depends on how much somebody wants to sell.

Boating 101, I would be happy to give you an opinion on what your target boats are worth, but I am going to need more information than what you have provided here. Let's take this offline. I'll send you a PM with my contact info and we'll see if we can't help you buy a nice boat at a fair price.

boating101
04-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks.

Also, everyone wanted information on the 2012 Classic 22, it is posted on teamspped.com by member Sebastian

Quote by Sebantian: So the marine bug has been biting at me for a while, especially since my cousin Hernando sold his boat. I felt I needed a boat now, and since this is my first boat ever I decided to get something small that I could handle. That of course doesn't mean I wanted a boring boat, so after looking at a few I decided on the 22 Classic Donzi and ordered a brand new one!! I have to say, it's AMAZING. Damned thing goes 85MPH! I have been having a blast with this boat, and I take it out as often as possible.

Sebastian also stated that the hood scoop was for looks only, and he provides plenty of pictures.

Carl C
04-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks.

Also, everyone wanted information on the 2012 Classic 22, it is posted on teamspped.com by member Sebastian

Quote by Sebantian: So the marine bug has been biting at me for a while, especially since my cousin Hernando sold his boat. I felt I needed a boat now, and since this is my first boat ever I decided to get something small that I could handle. That of course doesn't mean I wanted a boring boat, so after looking at a few I decided on the 22 Classic Donzi and ordered a brand new one!! I have to say, it's AMAZING. Damned thing goes 85MPH! I have been having a blast with this boat, and I take it out as often as possible.

Sebastian also stated that the hood scoop was for looks only, and he provides plenty of pictures.

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/performance-boats/51845-my-new-toy-22-donzi-classic.html

Ask him to post pics of the engine and a gps shot showing 85 mph ;).