PDA

View Full Version : (not Donzi) (not Mine)

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
I have now tried to bring back to the top all the ads placed by a member in the DONZI for sale section.

I have gotten the u 17 ads off the front page of THE DONZI FOR SALE SECTION

hopefully the people who have placed THEIR OWN ADS will get their boats sold.

I know people like to share but it is getting a little stoooopid the same ebay or craigs lists ads posted by 2 or more people without checking to see if the ad was already placed.

it is not the wanted section

it is not I had my feelings hurt by a seller section

:)

Just Say N20
03-31-2011, 10:33 AM
I see.

Will this be an ongoing effort on your part to make sure the section continues to look as you would like it too?

Discussions arise periodically regarding the posting of (NOT MINE) ads, and at the current time it was decided that it would be good to include them, as this is a place where people looking to purchase a Donzi would visit. The dual posting of an ad is bound to happen, although it has not been a frequent occurrence.

As to site contributor's boats being "put to the top of the list," perhaps the idea of having a separate section for Site Contributor Donzis for sale, and (NOT MINE) Donzis for Sale section would be appropriate. However, as I have watched the site actively for the past 4 years, many times I have noticed people join the site for the sole purpose of listing their boat, never posting in other sections, and never accumulating more than a few posts. Maybe you should keep those ads at the top of page 2, just to keep it fair.

I have on more than one occasion offered to moderate the for sale section, without response. Read into that what you will.

Perhaps it would be best to just ask people to be careful before posting an ad to make sure it is not a duplicate.

Frequent site participants seem to do a decent job (Donziweasal, jl1962, Ralph Crocker for example) of keeping their listings near the top of the list.

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't know. Do you have plans to drop your pet peave for punctuation?

jstrahn
03-31-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not really sure what you think you are accomplishing by doing that. The seller of those boats you "bumped" could easily do it themselves and most do.

I think having a separate forum for registry owner for sale boats and non-registry boats is a fine idea but I'm just not sure it's necessary.

When I was searching for a boat earlier this year, I very much appreciated all of the ads being in one place whether they were registry owners or "NOT MINE".

I guess if it were me, I would have started this thread asking the community what they thought would be best before I went off and moderated a forum to my choosing.

Just Say N20
03-31-2011, 11:03 AM

:confused:

I'm sorry if my expressed concern regarding the almost complete lack of punctuation that is demonstrated in some ads, which renders them almost unintelligible, and therefore of little use to a prospective buyer, bothers you.

zelatore
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
I see.

Will this be an ongoing effort on your part to make sure the section continues to look as you would like it too?

Discussions arise periodically regarding the posting of (NOT MINE) ads, and at the current time it was decided that it would be good to include them, as this is a place where people looking to purchase a Donzi would visit. The dual posting of an ad is bound to happen, although it has not been a frequent occurrence.

As to site contributor's boats being "put to the top of the list," perhaps the idea of having a separate section for Site Contributor Donzis for sale, and (NOT MINE) Donzis for Sale section would be appropriate. Many times I have noticed people join the site for the sole purpose of listing their boat, never posting in other sections, and never accumulating more than a few posts.

I have on more than one occasion offered to moderate the for sale section, without response. Read into that what you will.

Personally, I like having 'one stop shopping' for Donzis, even if I'm not currently in the market. Yes, we want to help our our fellow board members who are selling, but we're also helping fellow board memebers who are shopping by posting these ads.

I hope not. Becuase then I might have to give up my pet peave for 'anyways'. And I'm pretty attached to that one!

cutwater
03-31-2011, 12:55 PM

Did he say anything to deserve a comment like that?? :confused: :confused:

I, too, thought the CONSENSUS was that NOT MINE ads were deemed acceptable by the majority of donzi.net users. Has someone been complaining to you, or are you just out to accomplish this effort on your own :confused: :confused:

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 01:25 PM
JSN2O,

I understand completely . I am sure you are trying to make the site a pleasant, informative,and in general a better place. I guess that was my intentions too.

I know the (not mine) ads are valuable and are used to connect people with boats and I like seeing what's out there. What I do have an issue with is seeing the same boat listed numerous times right after one another by different posters. I think everyone should do what they can to try and keep the place in order and make searches easier on everyone.
Requests have been made about pic size and I didn't really see a problem until I used a small laptop. Ok maybe pics need to be a certain size. Just trying to point out that there were posts not placed in the right section and it can make searching and posting a PITA sometimes .

Jstahn, again i think the info on the u boats is very valid just need to be in the right place.

There are guidelines for posting an ad if I want to sell my boat correct??
I guess I would ask for everyone who posts up an ad for a boat that's not theirs is to follow some guidelines. Just check to make sure someone else hasn't posted it recently ( I'd settle for not being on the first page). Most of all when they do post it, it is in the correct section. I think that is fair, or should those ads not have any guidlines??

well maybe correct is not the word , the appropriate section . How's that spelling and grammar a side ;) :)

perhaps I went about it the wrong way , sorry won't be the first or the last time that happens.
:)

gcarter
03-31-2011, 01:58 PM
I get it!!!:)

It's time for house cleaning!

Not a bad idea.

Actually, you see the same things in alll sections of the site, like the guy in the bass boat jumping a wake and almost dying (drowsning) in the process.
I know it's been posted at least four times. I did it once.
Maybe you can't post something like that too many times.......
It gives stupid people an opportunity beforehand to see what happens when they do stupid things.....:nilly::boggled:

Or, maybe it's an opportunity for stupid people to learn how to do stupid things. I don't know which is worse. :boggled:

zelatore
03-31-2011, 02:11 PM
I know the (not mine) ads are valuable and are used to connect people with boats and I like seeing what's out there. What I do have an issue with is seeing the same boat listed numerous times right after one another by different posters. I think everyone should do what they can to try and keep the place in order and make searches easier on everyone.

OK, can't argue with that. It can get a little annoying.

But just so we're clear, I still get to b!tch about people using "anyways", right?:nilly::wink:

zelatore
03-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Actually, you see the same things in alll sections of the site, like the guy in the bass boat jumping a wake and almost dying (drowsning) in the process.
I know it's been posted at least four times. I did it once.
Maybe you can't post something like that too many times.......

If you want some real fun, go to a Jeep site and post the following link-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD78rTF0Rjo

On JKOwners.com I think this has turned up about once a week for the last year or two...It's become a standing joke.

It is a cool video. The first 136 times.

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
OK, can't argue with that. It can get a little annoying.

But just so we're clear, I still get to b!tch about people using "anyways", right?:nilly::wink:

anyways ,anytime,anyplace, :)

HOWARD O
03-31-2011, 02:56 PM
I like to format my threads like this.

You see, I skip a few lines and continue instead of using normal paragraphs.

Then the folks in here will NOTICE me when I am bitching about the for sale section, the format of which has been hashed and re-hashed umpteen times.

Since I am so much more intelligent than all of you cretins in here, including the Harbormaster, I have taken it upon myself to rearrange that whole forum to better suit me, myself and I.

Skip a couple more lines.......

There, I'm done. Thanks for allowing me to take out on you whatever personal problems I may be having at this particular time in my life.

Just Say N20
03-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Howard,

. . . . . . :lol9:

No. Really, play nice. :beer:

Sweet little 16
No problem Howard glad to help ;)

HOWARD O
If you want some real fun, go to a Jeep site and post the following link-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD78rTF0Rjo

On JKOwners.com I think this has turned up about once a week for the last year or two...It's become a standing joke.

It is a cool video. The first 136 times.

Hey! They were in my town last year during a car show and did their "thing" right in the middle of our downtown intersection. It was really incredible!

I frequent jkowners.com, it's a really good forum. I joined when I thought I was going to buy a wrangler. I decided to wait until a diesel option came out, which was supposed to happen every year for the last 5 years! :cool:

HOWARD O
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I was just funnin'. You make some valid points about the for sale section, but it's finally to a point where I think it works pretty well. I say we don't TOUCH it!

hardcrab
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
It's conversations like this that sparked the mass exodus ....... :lightning

fogducker III
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Man you guys need to get out boating.........:bonk::boat::wink:

DonziJon
03-31-2011, 04:38 PM
i was keeping an eye on a particular boat for sale and now i can't find it it was like somebody shuffled the cards :bonk: :lookaroun: :nilly: now i gotta start ALL over and read ALL the stinkin posts again.. :bonk: just sayin..

handfulz28
04-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Couple thoughts/suggestions...

Lose the (NOT MINE) in the title...that gets old and it's ugly. Make it clear in the message body that you're just posting a link to SOMEBODY ELSE'S boat. If some nimrod starts asking questions to the OP, they deserve to get ridiculed for not reading the message. :D

2nd, a little more discipline needed here...if you're going to spam the classifieds with a bunch of listings that AREN'T YOURS, you should be willing to go look at them for somebody who isn't close by. Yep, some tough love here but it would certainly be of much greater service than plugging up the listings with stuff that isn't yours.

Somebody can post a sticky at the top of the listings with the 2 or 3 search methods that most of use to find what we're looking for...Mash, google, whatever...

yeller
04-02-2011, 04:13 PM
SL16, I understand you were doing what you thought was for the betterment of the site when you bumped all the for sale ads.

It was a good idea......but here's the problem it caused me:

When I log onto this site, I simply click on "New Posts" so I don't have to go section by section looking for new comments. I read almost every new comment regardless of section. When you bumped those ads, every one of them came up when I clicked New Posts. I found it quite frustrating to go through umpteen ads only to find out no one was interested in the boat. Also, when you bumped the ad, on many you did it by posting "update". I believe you got more than one seller thinking you were interested in their boat which can be frustrating for a seller also.

Good idea SL16, I believe you meant well, but unfortunately it hinders some peoples experience here.

realbold
04-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Just wondering....how does a non contributing registered user become a moderator? :confused:

Just Say N20
04-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Just wondering....how does a non contributing registered user become a moderator? :confused:

Clarification please.

DickB
04-03-2011, 05:57 PM
When I log onto this site, I simply click on "New Posts" so I don't have to go section by section looking for new comments.
Me too, but after reading a few posts I looked at the source of the rest of the new posts and just ignored the For Sale stuff. But if we're voting, I'd vote not to do it again.

realbold
04-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Clarification please.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but if it says registered user under the screen name does that not indicate a non subscriber?

DonziJon
04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure "Registered User"....."Paid Member" or whatever... means much....in that, as a member, I can choose whatever is shown under my screen name.

The Webmaster did not choose "Conservative Member" for me, based on my conservative..and sometimes incoherent comments on this forum. :nilly: DJ

Just Say N20
04-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but if it says registered user under the screen name does that not indicate a non subscriber?

You can make it say whatever you want. :yes: