PDA

View Full Version : Didn't like our chances...

Phil S
03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
....against WVU.

Sure didn't like our chances against Ohio St. .....

You can bet your sweet bippy I didn't like our chances against UNC !.....

But I sure am proud of my Kentucky Wildcats ! :yes:

Born & raised in KY, grew up listening to Cawood Ledford calling the games on the radio (while watching it on tv....heck I'm not that old yet ;) ), and UK being my Alma mater, I'm an unabashed Big Blue fanatic !! We live for March Madness, we expect to win the championship every year, we STILL hate Laettner, and yes, we do bleed Blue ! :yes:

Don't like our chances against UConn Saturday either, but I sure hope this scrappy bunch of Wildcats pulls out a win !! :)

GO BIG BLUE !! :)

Phil S.

Tony
03-29-2011, 08:29 PM
My niece played 5 years of scholarship volleyball for the 'Cats so I do have a a mild allegiance to them. With that said, however, I am not fond of Calipari and his shady reputation.

Also, in the first half of their last game, Knight totally flopped and drew a terrible charge call. There was almost no contact, and he collapsed onto the floor like he was shot. You expect that in soccer, not in basketball.

:beer:

Phil S
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Cheers to you as well Tony. And Congrats to your niece on her scholarship...that is awesome.
My tenure at UK was when Joe B. Hall coached. He ran a great program in my humble opinion. It's just hard not to be a fan of the 'Cats if you went there.
No, it's probably not the stellar program that one would always want it to be....heck Eddie Sutton coached there, Rick Pitino...Billy Donovan's mentor, ...etc, etc. And no, I don't like a "one-and-done" type approach to recruiting to the NBA, like last year's Wall / Cousins'..etc routine, and I doubt any other fan of college basketball does. Warts and all, I'm still a fan.
Old school UK fans are still fanatics though...we just can't help ourselves...we keep on with the rich tradition. I truly respect Duke's Coach K, and UNC's Roy W., and more recently Butler's coach, who looks like a computer programmer (not that there's anything wrong with that ). Yes, I still hate Laettner (tongue-in-cheek, but actually own a t-shirt that says it :) ), but dang it...we Kentuckian's just love winning NCAA tournaments, fine horses, fast women, and golden-oak bourbons ! (and barbecue !)
It's just fun stuff for March.....(so I am told to keep repeating to myself by my Doctor !) :bonk::boggled:

zelatore
03-29-2011, 10:10 PM
OK, I don't follow basketball, on any stick and ball sports for that matter.

But as a former Hoosier, I just have to root against the Wildcats. Doesn't matter how good they are or how bad IU; I was born to it.

So, officially, let me so my duty and say boooooo KY

(I'm just kidding here, in case anybody couldn't tell. I'm just happy F1 and MotoGP have finally gotten underway so I've got some sports to watch!)

Phil S
03-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Oh, come now Zel.......how's that sayin' go....."'tis not wise to throw chairs if one lives in a glass house"....

:wink:

all in fun....

(where in the heck is Butler from by the way ? ) :nilly:

Phil S
03-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Rock On Big Blue Nation !!

zelatore
03-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Oh, come now Zel.......how's that sayin' go....."'tis not wise to throw chairs if one lives in a glass house"....

Now that's funny...:tongue:

jstrahn
03-30-2011, 02:58 PM
John Calipari is a slimeball. Can't bring myself to root for him no matter what.

That said, I'm glad all the number 1 seeds got beat. This tournament has been really amazing to watch. I really hope VCU or Butler wins the whole thing.

Phil S
03-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Couldn't agree more....been amazing to watch.

Hoping we get past UConn ! :)

Phil S.