PDA

View Full Version : Big Horsepower Motor - Not Mine

Greg Guimond
03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
821hp, 91 Octane, Less than 30hrs
With as many nice mills for sale as there are on these boards, I figured I might as well up the selection and give folks looking for a kick-ass naturally aspirated setup something to buy. My DNE Motorsports 498 is up for grabs. The mill was built new in 04 and has less than 30 hours since it?s build including dyno time. It gets rolled over and lubed every month or so, and has lived a nice comfy life bagged up in a garage. The basic specs are a dyno?d peak 821hp corrected on Westech?s dyno at 6500rpm, and 809hp at 6500rpm in lake trim. Peak numbers are great, but what is really nice about this setup is that it pulls over 680ft lbs from 4500 up to 6100rpm, and is deep into the 600hp range by 5000rpm. For outdrive guys not wanting to spin much more than 5800rpm, you?re looking at 770hp. Screen shots of the dyno sheets in peak and lake trim are below, and I have the actual winflow files for anyone who is serious about the engine. I'm asking $10k breathers to pan with ignition, alternator, etc.

The only ?old? part in the engine is the block; everything else was purchased new. All work done by DNE Motorsports in Costa Mesa, so if you have specific questions I can?t answer, I can get you in touch with Dave Ebbert, who can go back through the file on the build. The parts list is as follows:

Block ?GM Mark IV fully prepped by DNE: screens, magnets, smoothing, radiusing, and epoxy finish
Crank ? Scat 4340 Forged 4.25? stroke with radiused journals etc.
Rods ? Eagle forged H beams with ARP bolts
Pistons ? fully custom CP billet pistons
Cam ? LSM solid roller with proprietary lobe profiles and revised firing order (1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3)
Lifters ? Crane solid roller
Springs ?Isky gold stripe
Rockers ? Comp chromoly
Studs ? Manley
Timing set ? Jesel belt drive
Heads ? Canfield with Carl Foltz CNC Profile. 2.300 Ferrea intakes 1.88 exhaust (airflow numbers available if desired)
Intake base ? Victor 2-R fully flowed and profiled by DNE. Complete runner re-work with epoxy contouring etc.
Intake top ? Custom machined top with reliefs on the underside for the use of Wilson shear plates, and to correct for 4* bow-high engine angle at idle.
Carbs ? (2) 850cfm mighty demons fully detailed and tuned by DNE. Adjustable air bleeds installed, etc. etc. Includes custom billet breather assembly that accepts standard K&N breather/arrestor elements
Ignition ? MSD billet distributor lit by a digital 6al
Fuel pump ? Clay Smith mechanical
Oil Pan ? Dooley 14 qt
Exhaust (optional) ? Lightning Stainless long-collector headers. Water is introduced further back to eliminate any chance of reversion while still running wet tips.

If there is any other spec you are interested in, post up, PM, or email me. For serious buyers, if you want the engine opened up for inspection, the only person I?m comfortable with doing that is Dave Ebbert. I?d be happy to work something out where purchase is contingent upon inspection, etc. just ask.