PDA

View Full Version : So glad I didn't sell it....(pics)

CaribouLou
03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
As you all might remember, I had my boat posted up forsale a few months back for a VERY low price due to some $ issues. Well, I'm slowly working past them, and the boat is back on track to hitting the water this year....here's a few pictures a buddy just sent me of our trip from Lake Washington to Bremerton, Wa out in the Puget Sound.....

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/cariboulouwj/DSCN0796.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/cariboulouwj/DSCN0805-1.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/cariboulouwj/DSCN0806.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/cariboulouwj/DSCN0807.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/cariboulouwj/DSCN0815.jpg
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/cariboulouwj/DSCN0825.jpg

Sweet Cheekz
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
That is great news So glad you have no regrets and the pics are awesome.

Parnell

Buddyc
03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Happy for you. I know u were almost giving it away...just wasnt meant to be. Best of luck, enjoy

Just Say N20
03-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Glad things are turning around for you.

Great looking boat. You are hanging with a pretty fast crowd. :eek:

Offset
03-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Nice looking boat. I am sure you will be glad you kept it. Funny how things just work out sometimes and somehow.

Thanks for the pictures, summer boating is still a ways off in Northern Ontario!

Carl C
03-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Awesome. Funny how you see little 22 Classics out where the big boats are. What mountain is that? Looks like McKinley (Denali) but I doubt you could see that from Washington. I am looking forward to my annual trip to Alaska in a few months. I miss the mountains.

Ghost
03-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Awesome. Funny how you see little 22 Classics out where the big boats are. What mountain is that? Looks like McKinley (Denali) but I doubt you could see that from Washington. I am looking forward to my annual trip to Alaska in a few months. I miss the mountains.

Mt. Ranier. That thing creeps me out. I think it's about 60 miles away and it still looks HUGE from Seattle.

BobinCovington
03-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Glad you kept it Kelly... You would have been miserable without the Donzi and now we can still get our boats out on the lake together this summer.

And Mt Rainier looks so big because it is! It is just over 14,000 feet and the base starts from just about sea level. With all the rain and clouds we don't see it that often, but when it comes out on a nice day...wow

CHACHI
03-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Kelly, congrats on turning things around.

Ken

Carl C
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Mt. Ranier. That thing creeps me out. I think it's about 60 miles away and it still looks HUGE from Seattle.

Very cool! It must have been a rare clear day for the entire mountain to be visible like that.

OFFSHORE GINGER
03-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Glad to hear everything is working out , and thanks for sharing the pics with us .

Fishermanjm
03-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Lou that pic with the mountain in the background is killer...

CJmike
03-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know those kayakers don't look that fast to me?

jstrahn
03-25-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't know those kayakers don't look that fast to me?

Well they appear to be winning! :)

I remember when you had the boat for sale thinking "That's way too cheap" Glad things worked out for you to keep her.

CaribouLou
03-25-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm just excited for this summer.....even though fuel prices will keep me from running it nearly as much as I'd like to.

zelatore
03-26-2011, 01:23 AM

That's just because all you east-coast boys have a bunch of little hills you call 'mountains'!

Ghost
03-26-2011, 04:27 AM
That's just because all you east-coast boys have a bunch of little hills you call 'mountains'!

LOL, actually it's because you west-coast boys have a bunch of giant bombs you call 'mountains.' :wink:

BobinCovington
03-26-2011, 09:23 AM
These mountains around us are beautiful...and it is "comforting" knowing that at any time it could have a major eruption and take us out with it. Who needs horsepower...living on the Pacific "Ring of Fire" makes life so much more exciting.

But it sure does look great as a backdrop against Kelly's Donzi :)

CaribouLou
03-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Glad things are turning around for you.
Great looking boat. You are hanging with a pretty fast crowd. :eek:

That was last July's annual Performance Boat regatta in Bremerton. There was over 50 boats this year, that was just our little group going thru the locks together. Once we got out in the sound, the Eliminators left me and my buddies Shockwave pretty quick. There was also a F-29 DCB with Illmore 710's that flew by us at 140+, makes 65 feel pretty slow.

LMAO, Well put my friend!

Hey Kelly, so glad things worked out. What did the little outdrive problem end up being? Give me a call when you get a chance. Tom 256-777-0844

The drive was a poor installation of the cone clutch by the skip-jack place up in Marysville, Wa that did it. Scotty at Cabo has a friend who pulled the whole drive apart and fixed it right, only cost me 400$ including R and R on the drive.

These mountains around us are beautiful...and it is "comforting" knowing that at any time it could have a major eruption and take us out with it. Who needs horsepower...living on the Pacific "Ring of Fire" makes life so much more exciting.

But it sure does look great as a backdrop against Kelly's Donzi :)

Hey, if it goes, it goes, not worth sitting around worrying about IMO. Although, you people down south are in a much higher risk class then me up north ;)

BobinCovington
03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Those pictures make me anxious to be on the water. We need to get the boats out together on the lake this year.

Kelly you may be farther away from Mt Rainier, but aren't there some other "dormant" volcanoes up your way you could worry about...Baker or the North Cascades? Not to worry though, the radiation hitting the west coast or global warming will probably get us first.

Ghost
03-26-2011, 01:08 PM
It's stunning to me how beautiful Ranier is. In 1991, when I first saw it, it was instantly recognizable from every picture I'd ever seen, even on beer cans. I just couldn't believe how big it actually was, looming over the city, given its distance. I don't think there is ANYTHING I'd ever seen that has the same sort of visual impact.

zelatore
03-26-2011, 11:10 PM
It's stunning to me how beautiful Ranier is. In 1991, when I first saw it, it was instantly recognizable from every picture I'd ever seen, even on beer cans. I just couldn't believe how big it actually was, looming over the city, given its distance. I don't think there is ANYTHING I'd ever seen that has the same sort of visual impact.

Yeah, does sort of make an impression the first time you see it on a clear day.

HOWARD O
03-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Congrats! Always happy to hear this kind of news! :yes: