PDA

View Full Version : Hornet Jet (Not mine)

Rob M
03-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Brad (Silverghost) asked about the existence of jet equipped Hornets awhile back....evidently at least one is a survivor. Would hate to see the gas bill!
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/2282791092.html

silverghost
03-24-2011, 11:56 AM
WOW !

First Hornet Jet-Drive I have ever seen !

I have been looking for a Jet-Drive 18/X-18~~~
This might be the next best thing !

You can never have too many Antique cars or boats !
3 boats & 15+ Antique & Classic cars & counting !

Thank's for posting this boat !

I already emailed the seller & would like to check this out in person !
Possibly less than 100 miles from my home area.

What speed will a conventional I/O drive Hornet do compared to an 18 with similar power ?
I know the hull deadrise angle is not the same ?

Sweet little 16
03-24-2011, 12:24 PM
OMG getting dizzy here ,21 gt jet ,then a benchseat,now a hornet jet.

:tilt: :tilt:

judging from the year and the pics the boat is a Hornet ,19 footer,2+3 with almost an 8 foot beam and a 19 degree deep vee rounded bottom.

well to shorten the story the hornet is bigger ,heavier and slower .

Just Say N20
03-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I had to get this ad in here for the record.

AIRGRADY
03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Check the hull centerline for repairs, my father had a Hornet jet and hit an obstruction at speed in 1976. It tore a serious amount of fiberglass from the hull. Ins company repaired and the boat was sold shortly after. It was probably the slowest Donzi ever built. 455 with a Berkley. SUCKED GAS LIKE MAD and top speed of maybe 50. It had a manual Jetovator position controller on the floor next to driver with 4-5 setttings, it threw a rooster-tail from HELL!
I was 5 years old when Dad bought it and still have the picture of me in the drivers seat in the showroom floor at Toledo Beach Marina on my refrigerator today. I have both good and bad memories of that boat.
It is the boat that sparked my Donzi fever and now I have a Hornet of my own to take Dad out in!
Dads was red hull sided with red/white candy stripe interior. Starboard side drive. The rear seat bottom had a rather large upholstered hatch extension in the center to accomodate the big olds and jet drive. That was a tailbuster in a chop at speed if you were not cautious.

axelkloehn
03-25-2011, 03:24 AM
WOW !

You can never have too many Antique cars or boats !
3 boats & 15+ Antique & Classic cars & counting !

..true, I am collecting myself, 1/2/2- classic boat/cars/bikes

Sweet Cheekz
03-25-2011, 08:01 AM
6 boats 1 car

Cool boat
Parnell

silverghost
04-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I have emailed this craigslist seller twice over these lasst two weeks asking questions etc>>>
No reply by email or phone call as per sellers instructions~~~
There is no contact phone number in his craigslist advert. Just the secret sellers craigslist email reply link.

More craigslist free web auction games I suspect ?
He seems to want sight-unseen bids & does not wish to respond at all to any serious questions ; or show the boat to potential buyers ?

Another seller who "Knows what It's worth" but refuses to post a price $$$~~~
He'd rather keep us all guessing ?

More Seller's game playing .

As everyone here knows I have been seriously looking for a Donzi jetboat .

fogducker III
04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I have emailed this craigslist seller twice over these lasst two weeks asking questions etc>>>
No reply by email or phone call as per sellers instructions~~~
There is no contact phone number in his craigslist advert. Just the secret sellers craigslist email reply link.

More craigslist free web auction games I suspect ?
He seems to want sight-unseen bids & does not wish to respond at all to any serious questions ; or show the boat to potential buyers ?

Another seller who "Knows what It's worth" but refuses to post a price $$$~~~
He'd rather keep us all guessing ?

More Seller's game playing .

As everyone here knows I have been seriously looking for a Donzi jetboat .

So does this mean if somebody buys this boat your going to pis$ in their corn flakes...?? just saying............:boggled: