PDA

View Full Version : 290 trimmable outer transom assembly

Conquistador_del_mar
03-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Someone just called me looking for a 290T outer transom assembly since she broke the old one - any thoughts on where she might find one? I tried Ebay. Bill

nguber57
04-02-2011, 08:32 AM
I have a early 290 assy.It has the trim cylinders that have a u at the end or a fork where they hook to the intermediate not an round eyelet.

SamIam
04-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Do you need just the plate or the whole yoke, plate, etc?

Conquistador_del_mar
04-03-2011, 01:20 AM
I have a early 290 assy.It has the trim cylinders that have a u at the end or a fork where they hook to the intermediate not an round eyelet.

Do you need just the plate or the whole yoke, plate, etc?

Here is the only picture she sent to me of the outer transom plate. I think I convinced her that it could be repaired, but if you have a good one, I will pass the information along. Thanks, Bill

f_inscreenname
04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Here is the only picture she sent to me of the outer transom plate. I think I convinced her that it could be repaired, but if you have a good one, I will pass the information along. Thanks, Bill

Man how the hell did they do that? I would think it could be fixed.

You could always buy my boat and have everything you need plus a cool boat. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=596304&posted=1#post596304

maddad
04-03-2011, 11:51 AM
There's one in the attic of a marina in Seaford on L.I., fairly clean with every thing but the drive. He wanted $500 for it last summer(late)but I didn't want to switch to a 290. If you want it I can get you in touch with the guy. Pretty awesome attic really. There's a 64' mustang up there too.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Man how the hell did they do that? I would think it could be fixed.

You could always buy my boat and have everything you need plus a cool boat. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=596304&posted=1#post596304

She was driving the owner's Nordic and hit a stump which pulled the drive back and broke off that lower section. The guy's insurance company wanted to total the boat!! I agree that it can be fixed, so hopefully she passed that advice along to the owner.

There's one in the attic of a marina in Seaford on L.I., fairly clean with every thing but the drive. He wanted $500 for it last summer(late)but I didn't want to switch to a 290. If you want it I can get you in touch with the guy. Pretty awesome attic really. There's a 64' mustang up there too.

Thank you. If she gets back in contact with me, I will pass along the possible replacement information. Hopefully, she convinced the owner that it could be fixed as I suggested to her. I even told her about a welder I use who is the most knowledgeable welder of all types of metals that I know - he is 72 years old and has never let me down. Thanks again, Bill