PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Donzi Minx

Vett63
03-23-2011, 10:07 AM
I have a 20' Donzi Minx with a new 383 stroker motor. All the best parts approx 420 hp. about 20 hrs on motor. It has a like new interior with Livorsi steering wheel and controls with new cables. Galvy trailer with electric winch. Boat is in good shape for a 1987. ( little fading but can be buffed to look good ) Asking $9800.00 Give me a call 617-827-3436. Thanks for looking, Roy

Tidbart
03-23-2011, 11:28 AM
I assume the boat is in MA??

Some photos would help also.

Bob

DonziJon
03-23-2011, 12:37 PM
I believe this boat has been commented on here, and was listed on Craigs List out of Plymouth, MA on and off over the last 6 months. Same description .... price. :yes:

This might be it. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63491

DonziJon
03-23-2011, 06:28 PM
SO: Here I am... minding my own business...and I run across this................ :bonk:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/boa/2281557998.html

Vett63
03-23-2011, 10:27 PM
This is the same boat out of Plymouth,Ma. I tried at the end of last season to sell her but no luck so I'm trying again. Nice boat not sure why it's not selling. Same boat as listed on craigslist. any one interested give me a call 617-827-3436

hcastellon
03-24-2011, 09:48 AM
about how fast does the minx run with that kind of power?

Thank you
Hec

Just Say N20
03-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Having ridden in or owned Donzi 16, 18 and 22, I would buy a Minx as my next boat.

I think they are the best of everything.

• Nice size. They handle the water well, almost like a 22, but at 20' they are still a very convenient size.

• The cockpit is nice and deep.

• They have great classic looks.

• They run very well with small block power.

I'm a bit surprised this hasn't sold. It looks nice, has upgrades, and is more than fairly priced, in my opinion.

A couple of days with maybe some 1200 wet sand paper, some Buff Magic, and wax and it will look brand new!
:confused:

joseph m. hahnl
03-26-2011, 06:54 AM
This is the same boat out of Plymouth,Ma. I tried at the end of last season to sell her but no luck so I'm trying again. Nice boat not sure why it's not selling. Same boat as listed on craigslist. any one interested give me a call 617-827-3436

It's a nice Minx, in a tough market, with a ridiculously:boggled: low price.Post in http://www.iboats.com and get national exposure. Some times when people see so much, for so little, they think it's a scam. Best way to sell it, is to raise the price and use a broker. Let them advertise for you:yes:

PS. A good selling tool is to start the price:smash: more than you want and write something like this "$15,000/ Price negotiable"

Vett63
03-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I think your right about the price. Maybe I put it to low but in this economy I was trying to be realistic. Before I bought this boat I was on the registry and listened to what people said about the minx and it is true. Great riding boat, and is fast , around 70. A little elbow grease and you'll have an awsome boat. Mechanicals are done. Someone (I hope ) will get a nice boat.

DonziJon
03-28-2011, 03:42 PM

I'm not sure why it's not selling either. Here's a thought: The windscreen is NOT the original shaped windscreen that came on the Minx. It looks like a nicely done replacement but doesn't have the rolled wind deflector that Minx owners have come to appreciate.

Because the original Minx windscreen had so many compound curves it would probably be expensive to duplicate.

If I was forced to replace my windscreen, I would probably do it like your boat..but include individual ..and integral rolled deflectors ..one each..in front of the driver and passenger position... rolled into the center section while still in the flat. The 22C of the same year was done that way (Stock). :) DJ

EDIT: Then there is that other little thingy....420 HP on an Alpha. :) Too Much HP for an ALpha ???

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 06:25 AM
back ttt