PDA

View Full Version : Doin' a little Argoin' at the Lazy P.....

Donziweasel
03-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Took one of my HDi's and took Boo Boo and the twins out for a little ride around the Lazy P. I am still in awe of these things. They are unstoppable. I have sold 7 in two months......... :)

Carl C
03-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Those are so cool. I'd like to put big power in one. I wonder how they are in sand dunes or are they for snow only?

BaldEagle
03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
looks cool. what is it. can you post the specs on it.

Donziweasel
03-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Those are so cool. I'd like to put big power in one. I wonder how they are in sand dunes or are they for snow only?

Snow, dirt, mud, sand, etc..... You can run the tracks year round, or just pull them off and run them with the tires.

looks cool. what is it. can you post the specs on it.

It is called and Argo. I started a dealership for a side business in January. Totally amphibious and will go anywhere. They make 8 models, including 6 wheel versions. That particular one is an HDi. Fuel injected 750 cc engine with soft top, heater and rubber tracks. Many accessories available. Funnest thing I have ever driven.

www.argoatv.com

www.jacksonholeargo.com

Buddyc
03-20-2011, 07:21 PM
They look awsome and like alot of fun. You in Wyoming? Love the mountains in the pic. I have been to Jackson hole a while back... great skiing

zelatore
03-20-2011, 09:02 PM
So you finally got some more in? Cool - looks like fun, and I bet it'll push more snow than the Ranger!

Carl C
03-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Just wondering here; You say they can be run with or without the track. Ttbomk tracked vehicles are steered by braking one side. So when you pull the track are these things steered by braking with a stick? How fast are they (the fastest model). Is there a max speed rating/warning for running with the track on?

Donziweasel
03-21-2011, 02:10 PM
They look awsome and like alot of fun. You in Wyoming? Love the mountains in the pic. I have been to Jackson hole a while back... great skiing

Yep, I live in Jackson Hole. I moved here in 1994 but grew up in Atlanta.

So you finally got some more in? Cool - looks like fun, and I bet it'll push more snow than the Ranger!

Yeah Don, I had to get some more. I have a big show this week that I rented a booth at. It is the Jackson Hole World Championship Hillclimb. Over 20000 expected. I think you and I could have used one on a certain day when you were visiting and it was very windy....... :)

Just wondering here; You say they can be run with or without the track. Ttbomk tracked vehicles are steered by braking one side. So when you pull the track are these things steered by braking with a stick? How fast are they (the fastest model). Is there a max speed rating/warning for running with the track on?

They are made by Ontario Drive and Gear. They make thier own transmissions. It is actually pretty neat how they work. When in high gear, if you turn right, it decreases the track speed on the rigth side up to 2/3. In low gear, it will actaully spin on it's axis by reversing one track. No braking is used when turning.

The fastest one is about 26 mph. They are built for torque, not speed. I do not think there is a max speed on a tracked one. I was running well over 20 mph in DEEP powder with the one you see in the pics and I was only using 3/4 throttle.

I have read where people have taken snowmobile engines and put them into them. BIG hp compared to stock. In PA, they actually race them. Type into youtube "Argo Racing" and you can see some videos.

jstrahn
03-21-2011, 04:19 PM
That thing is so cool! The ultimate hunting vehicle! That would be ideal.