PDA

View Full Version : The Muskokas?

wato
03-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Are there enough people near or willing to haul to the Muskokas for a Donzi rally?

glashole
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
there are a few guys here who have done it before

CHACHI
03-14-2011, 06:01 PM
I would go again, maybe even bring my boat this time.

Ken

gmcars10
03-14-2011, 06:49 PM
One more! I drop it off the lift and turn right.

snowboater
03-14-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm In !

Tony
03-14-2011, 07:44 PM
The guy that hosted last time apparently did a great job, but I don't think he frequents this site all that often. All who were there two years ago were impressed and had a great time...or so I heard since I did not make it!

Depending on the dates, I could be talked into this gathering, also.
Maybe we would come sans Donzi, and ride with the Chachi's!

:beer:

Tony
03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Here is the thread from the last (and only) Lake Muskoka gathering:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52503&highlight=muskoka

gmcars10
03-14-2011, 09:05 PM
August 13th is the poker run. Awesome boats including some wild ?#ss jet boat. Real turbine maybe less than 24' that hooks up. Another great event is the Antique and Classic boat show but that chokes off most of the slips.
Link for the poker run... http://www.performanceboatclub.ca/

CHACHI
03-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Tony, you and your bride are always welcome.

Or is it, grandpa and Grandma Sporer?:wink:

Ken

Tony
03-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Yup, Ken, first-time Grandpa...and it's been a real treat.
Elly Mae, shown below, is about 6 weeks old now.

So far all is going great, but I told my daughter to just wait...the real fun is yet to come!

CHACHI
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Tony, congrats to both you and Cherrie, not to mention "the kids".

I hate to ask, but how does Cherrie like sleeping with a Grandpa?

ken

mike o
03-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I would go again, maybe even bring my boat this time.

KenIf its by water :kingme:, from your place :yes: Im in. :canada:

CHACHI
03-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Mike, it is a 4-5-hour tug from my place.

I think you can come close by water but not close enough.

Ken

younger
03-15-2011, 07:44 PM
We would be in! Any word on T.I. run this year.

gmcars10
03-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Politely and FYI, It's not the "Muskoka's", It's 'Muskoka' or the Muskoka lakes. Just to be politically correct. It's a district. We call Walleye-'Pickeral' and a few other oddities. I know the post was started by a Canadian as well...eh

:thumbsup:

PS, If it happens, feel free to contact me for any logistics.
Ward

CHACHI
03-16-2011, 06:59 AM
We would be in! Any word on T.I. run this year.
I will be there. :wink:

Ken

Tim Morris
03-16-2011, 03:23 PM
It takes a guy in Florida to put me wise to this thread. I'm interested
for sure.

Ed Donnelly
03-16-2011, 05:16 PM
My boats running , so I am in tooooooooooooo..Ed

glashole
03-16-2011, 06:30 PM
something like this would be better done on an off weekend rather than trying to coordinate with another event at the same time

the location of the muskokas :) is enough of a draw and touring around or heading to the boston pizza would be a good time

the idea of the donzi rallies is to run the boats together

Wazzy
03-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Depending on the weekend I would be interested.:hyper:

mc donzi
03-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Count us in as well.

A bunch of us stayed at the Bala-Hy motel in Bala last time. It's a small 'Mom& Pop' motel in Bala... nuthin' fancy but clean and comfortable, less than $100./night.

If we can pick a weekend, I'll call the motel and block some rooms.

Tony... we can even show you where Stevie 'Y' spends his summers. I'm also told that Paul Coffey has an 80mph 22C on Lake Muskoka.

Dave.

CHACHI
03-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Dave, you, Tim,and Don aren't working, so why don't you all take the point on this.

O'Chachi
(it's St. Paddy's Day)

roadtrip se
03-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Any chance of some running on Georgian Bay?

Tim Morris
03-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Any chance of some running on Georgian Bay?
That would be a different event, right there! McDonzi, Mugford and I were
doin' that in 16 footers back in the '70's. Run up from where we are (Couchiching and Severn River) 3 locks and a marine railway and into the Bay. Run around up through the inner channel, stay overnight, get a water taxi over to Henry's on San Souci for fresh catch dinner. Water taxi because we were responsible back then; we figured if you can't walk - you shouldn't drive a Donzi IN THE DARK. We did drive in the dark, but that's another story not to do with Georgian Bay.

roadtrip se
03-17-2011, 08:43 PM
A couple of years ago, we had a serious trailering disaster in Toronto. Long story, but the boat and trailer ended up at Jim Earle Marine. I was impressed with the beauty of that area, and made a mental note that I would like to return under better circumstances some day. There are a few other Detroit Donzi folks that I might be able to drag along, so somebody throw some dates up and lets see about doing this.

BaldEagle
03-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Maybe even a couple from W. MI.

Tim Morris
03-18-2011, 07:47 AM
A couple of years ago, we had a serious trailering disaster in Toronto. Long story, but the boat and trailer ended up at Jim Earle Marine.

I remember that. The boys at Entec stayed afterhours to help you out
patching up the trailer so you could make Jim Earle for warranty. If you
need an engine built in this area, they are a destination since the late '60s.

mc donzi
03-18-2011, 08:23 AM
we figured if you can't walk - you shouldn't drive a Donzi IN THE DARK. We did drive in the dark, but that's another story not to do with Georgian Bay.:shocking::shocking:!!

Suffice to say that God looks after his little idiots!!!

Tim Morris
03-18-2011, 08:54 AM
How come there's two guys blinking above? I kind of remember way more
than two idiots. Half of them were good looking chicks but....oh yeah....
it was dark and and I always went to bed at 2 with a 10 and you know the rest.

frclarke
03-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Hello Everyone:
I have a beverage with Ed. on Friday where he reminded me take a look at the gatherings board.

So let's get the show on the road. Weekend of July 22, 23.

Can't do anything in August, Richard ( my oldest ) is getting married.

Park Trailers at East Bay Marina.
As per Dave, stay at the Bala Hy. If you'd like something different, I can help.
Saturday - meet off Pages Point, Lake Muskoka. We'll fly down to Gravenhurst for Sheas Boston Pizza.

Sunday - meet at Port Carling Locks for a tour of Rosseau and Joe. Lunch at Windemere.

Looking forward to your comments.
Fred

younger
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I have scheduled the holidays. How close are hotels from the ramp? Is there over night docking.?

glashole
03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
sounds like a good time to me

wouldn't be able to get there until friday night

this is good boating with some pretty awesome houses to look at and good people to hang out/run with

younger- the "hotel" is about 5-10 mins from marina
the last time we pulled our boats because the marina is a little small and it was just as easy

roadtrip se
03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Doesn't work for us, as this will be right on top of the Chattanooga Gorge Run out of the infamous A-Dock. So the Donzi will be on the wrong end of our North/South geography. But, it looks like a blast.

frclarke
03-30-2011, 02:34 PM
As Shea mentioned the Bala Hy is close by the marine. I know there will be no issue with leaving the boats on trailers in the Marina parking lot or at the Bala Hy parking lot.

Our cottage is around the corner from the marina, you can dock there as well. We will make it work!
Fred

CHACHI
03-31-2011, 05:58 AM
Fred, Terri and I are considering and if things go right, I will have my boat.

Fried pickles again at Windermere?

Ken

Tim Morris
03-31-2011, 07:31 AM
As Shea mentioned the Bala Hy is close by the marine. I know there will be no issue with leaving the boats on trailers in the Marina parking lot or at the Bala Hy parking lot.
Be the first on your block to book The Bala Hy.....nope, sorry!
I booked it yesterday!

glashole
03-31-2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.balahy.com/

just a quick note

these are motel rooms and are not big

last time we were there I had to go outside to change my mind

but it is handy and clean and have chairs outside in the parking lot

and it is possible i might bring the formula if we needed extra room for people without boats

CHACHI
04-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Sent in my reservation request.

Ken

mc donzi
04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi All,

I made my reservation last night for July 22 & 23. The drill is as follows: the motel is closed this time of year and the owner has an outside job. Call the Bala-Hy motel at 705-762-3250 and leave a message and he will call you back probably that evening.

They have a total of 10 rooms, 3 are already booked for that weekend. The rate is $81.-$89./ night + taxes. As Shea mentioned the rooms are small but clean and comfortable. It's the closest to the launch ramp too.

BTW, did I mention that it is RIGHT beside the Beer Store??

Dave

Tim Morris
04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
BTW, did I mention that it is RIGHT beside the Beer Store??
Dave

For a non-A guy, you sure are looking out for us wackos.

CHACHI
04-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Tim, Dave's a giver.

Ken

CHACHI
04-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Bala-HY finally returned my many calls.

Room booked.

Ken

Wazzy
04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
I hear ya. I called last week and Iam still waiting for my conformation. Either way I'm there in a bed or in the truck!

Tim Morris
04-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Either way I'm there in a bed or in the truck!

You'll be the lonely guy in that thing.

snowboater
04-14-2011, 03:59 AM
All booked.Just hope we are not haying that weekend.Thats the problem with work it can get in the way of the play time.

younger
04-14-2011, 07:37 AM
I guess you would get some bad looks hooking up the boat when the help was hooking up the tractor. Room booked, got the boat ready today hopefully we found a few more mph over the winter.

snowboater
04-15-2011, 04:53 AM
Not the help ,my dad.80 years old and still puts a 10 hour day in during haying season.Few more mph?Great more air time.May try to do the river early season.Will give you a call.If not see you in july.Ken you in?

younger
04-16-2011, 08:01 AM
I got a pops like that! I hate when we head to the bush and swing chainsaws all day and he says go get the splitter boy still got some light!

Wazzy
04-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Wow just over three weeks and about half a dozen phone calls and I'm finally booked. They are now open which should make it easier for others booking. I think I will now have to add Mirv to my Christmas card list as he took all but my final phone call. Now if only the dam ice would melt I could get some practice in.

glashole
04-28-2011, 01:26 PM
booked

looking forward to it

Shea

Mondolioni
06-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Are there enough people near or willing to haul to the Muskokas for a Donzi rally?

Dates? I could possibly be there and would never go without my boat (Don Mondolioni) or (Frankenseadoo).

Joe

glashole
06-08-2011, 02:21 PM
july 23rd weekend

gmcars10
06-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone,
I would like to know if there will be a formal (informal) itinerary at some point. My house closes on the 22nd and I will be scrambling around. I would like to meet some of you if I get a chance to get the boat wet that day.
Cheers :canada:

glashole
06-09-2011, 06:46 AM
there will be no formal itinerary

we are alot like herding cats when we get together

when it gets closer we will give you a cell number to call and let you know where we are at that point and meet up from there

glashole
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
looks like i will have to run the formula (sorry lads) on this run. My old blackhawk may make an appearance so you guys don't have to worry about arguing over who will be the fastest :)

this means i will have a couple extra seats if someone won't have their boat there for whatever reason

drop me a PM

RudeBuoy
06-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi guys, I've been trying to find time to post on this thread. I'm located on Rosseau south shore near Muskoka Lakes Golf Course. This is my first season as a Donzi owner!! I've always loved the Donzi! The Muskoka lakes have so many Donzi'. I find it hard to believe there aren't more chiming in on this post?!? My wife's cousin is the area Donzi dealer as of last year. Muskoka Lakes Marine is at the top end of Lake Rosseau and worth a visit for photos, fuel (lowest price on lake $1.4ish last week) and to say hi to the owners Gary and Mitzy. Good sights on the way from Port Carling. Windermere, Steve Y, Kurt and Goldie's place, Ted Rogers. Thanks Glashole for finding this thread. I won't hijack the thread but am looking forward to discussing Blackhawk drive swap!

craigdskilling
06-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I am in if there is any space left.How many rooms does this place have.Craig from Kitchener.

craigdskilling
06-18-2011, 07:50 PM
June 18 lust called the hotel will now on monday if there is any rooms left.

mc donzi
06-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Hello Everyone:
I have a beverage with Ed. on Friday where he reminded me take a look at the gatherings board.

So let's get the show on the road. Weekend of July 22, 23.

Can't do anything in August, Richard ( my oldest ) is getting married.

Park Trailers at East Bay Marina.
As per Dave, stay at the Bala Hy. If you'd like something different, I can help.
Saturday - meet off Pages Point, Lake Muskoka. We'll fly down to Gravenhurst for Sheas Boston Pizza.

Sunday - meet at Port Carling Locks for a tour of Rosseau and Joe. Lunch at Windemere.

Looking forward to your comments.
Fred

Mornin' Folks,

I was just reading the 'Calander of Events' for the Town of Gravenhurst.

Can you imagine... they have scheduled an 'In-water Boat Show and Ribfest' for OUR weekend(July 22-24)!!! I'm thinkin' that lunch at Boston Pizza or Regatta on the waterfront might not work due to the lack of dock space. Maybe we need a Plan B.

BTW I've been to the Ribfest by car and the food is great.

Dave

craigdskilling
06-21-2011, 07:41 PM
June21 just got told the rooms are all booked:(.Herb the owner great guy.I tell him that i love camping so bless his hart tells me he has a big back hard and will work something out.Wants to try to keep us all together:).I should have told him that my tent might be bigger than his rooms LOL.:nilly:I will be there but not sure were I'll be.So when it gets close to the date i must get some cell # please.

craigdskilling
07-05-2011, 07:42 PM
The hotel just called and let me now that i have a room.:)So let the fun start.Hey Shea what do you think of some prop testing.

frclarke
07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Hello All:
Deb and I did some prep. work over the last weekend.

Most all of you are staying at the Bala Hy. They have a garden centre in the back so parking for boats and trailers on Friday arrival will be tight.

On Friday night we'll have supper at the Bala Bay Inn. Its within walking distance. Post back your interest and I'll reserve tables for 7 PM.

Saturday - Lake Muskoka
The East Bay Marina's price for dropping or loading boats increased from $5 to $15, so we looked around. There is a free ramp (hard packed sand bottom) just up the road from us. It also has a nice parking lot that is free.

How to get there from the Bala Hy: turn right onto 169 out of the bala hy. Turn left onto Torrance road. Turn left onto Whiting road. You'll see the water before you see the ramp. To back down the ramp you will need to turn right onto a small road (not a driveway) and then back down to the ramp.

I suggest we start launching at 9 AM. Hopefully we'll have everyone in the water by 10 am.

We'll start the tour from here with stops in Bala, Acton Island, Gravenhurst (in water boat show), Port Carling. Somewhere, in there we'll stop for lunch and breaks. As well, we have to organize where to pick up the Rosseau and Lake Joe Donzis. We can do this Friday at supper or email me at frclarkerymas@yahoo.ca and I'll send you my cell and cottage phone #.

When we're done for the day, some of you may be comfortable leaving your boat at my dock, others my want to load up again.

Sunday - Rosseau and Joe
9 AM start - make our way directly to Port Carling thru the big lock and on to Windemere for Lunch. I'm going to call them to confrim that there will be docking space. We will pick up the Rosseau and Joe Donzi's on Rosseau side of the lock. We will return via Lake Joe river to Lake Joe and then through Port Sandfield back to Rosseau. I hope the Joe and Rosseau guys join in to show off the highlights!

Please email at the above address with any questions and for my contact information.

Deb and I are looking forward to seeing all of you.
Fred Clarke

CHACHI
07-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Fred,looking forward to this adventure again.

Thanks for all the foot work on the ramp and parking.

If the Bala Bay Inn is the same restraunt we ate in last time, it more than works for Terri and I.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ken

craigdskilling
07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I also cant wait to meet everybody for the first time.I would like to say thanks for the work that Deb and Fred have done.I am coming in from TO do I go hwy11 or 69 to Bala:boggled:

gmcars10
07-06-2011, 08:28 PM
HWY 11 exit 169 Gravenhurst. Follow 169 past the Muskoka Warf (Boston Pizza, Regatta and the Seqwun) and then in 20 minutes you will be there.
Ward

craigdskilling
07-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks

mc donzi
07-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks to Fred & Deb for doing all the leg work.
Count Pam & I are in for dinner at the Bala Bay Inn.
Fred, if you're taking reservations for dock space...I'm in for that too.

Dave

frclarke
07-12-2011, 01:15 PM
We have reservations for dinner at the Bala Bay Inn for Friday at 7 PM. Under Clarke.

I called Windemere House, the pub does not take reservations, however they said to call on Sunday morning and they would set things in motion.

Windemere House has new docks, I have not seen them but apparently there is now plenty of space. Would appreciate comments from the locals on docking there. It looks like we will need space for 7 to 10 boats.

As a test I launched the 18 at Whiting road. The ramp is shallow and I had to power off the trailer. I think getting the boats back on and out is going to be more challenging. Maybe one of you has some tricks to share!

We may end up driving over to East Bay Marina to load up.
Fred

glashole
07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
looking forward to it, thanks Fred for everything so far

will be up friday night, bringing my formula and another couple with another boat like that
we will stay out of the pictures or put the camera guys on our boats so it looks like a donzi only rally

will do our best to make it on time for supper

Shea

Rob M
07-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Would appreciate comments from the locals on docking there. It looks like we will need space for 7 to 10 boats.
Based on my experience, I would say securing docking for 7-10 boats could be challenging. Although there are several new docks, they are usually at least half full on a weekend around lunch. You may want to call Windermere Marina and ask if they will reserve space for a few boats on their dock for a nominal fee, and then hopefully you find enough space for the others on the Windermere Hotel dock and government pier. There is also cottager's landing parking in the shallow bay to the right as you approach Windermere, so there may be one or two spots there that are public access.

RudeBuoy
07-13-2011, 09:51 PM
I was by Windermere last weekend. Beautiful evening.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6142/5935273543_efae189058.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5935835716_e9402f4a06.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6128/5935830158_4c20f2ee73.jpg

snowboater
07-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Need Help! Could be pouched for coming weekend.Took the boat out for the first time this year on sat up to Balsam lake and hit un-marked whatever and ripped skag off . Prop is toast.Anybody got any ideas .Anybody know of someone that has a used Bravo 1,Maybe a good welder to make a new skag.A shop that i could go to?Would really like to make this meet.I live in Port Perry.E-Mail direct because i have trouble getting on this site.Seems @ 6 in the morning is the time i can get on. dheffering@yahoo.ca .# 905 242 1498.Will travel for repairs.Thanks guys.

craigdskilling
07-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I have props that you can use.I have a 23 mirage or a 25 labbed plus .you cant run with the skeg the way it is.i have a 18 with some extra seat if you need.call me if i can help.519-208-3969

snowboater
07-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks running a 25 plus now so your 25 sounds good.Took my prop off and the metal around the prop shaft is cracked and split.Looking for new bottom end.

Al Moran
07-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Hi guys, I've been trying to find time to post on this thread. I'm located on Rosseau south shore near Muskoka Lakes Golf Course. This is my first season as a Donzi owner!! I've always loved the Donzi! The Muskoka lakes have so many Donzi'. I find it hard to believe there aren't more chiming in on this post?!? My wife's cousin is the area Donzi dealer as of last year. Muskoka Lakes Marine is at the top end of Lake Rosseau and worth a visit for photos, fuel (lowest price on lake $1.4ish last week) and to say hi to the owners Gary and Mitzy. Good sights on the way from Port Carling. Windermere, Steve Y, Kurt and Goldie's place, Ted Rogers. Thanks Glashole for finding this thread. I won't hijack the thread but am looking forward to discussing Blackhawk drive swap!
good morning -i note that you have a 1666 Donzi on Lake Rosseau-I am on Lake Joseph and also have a 1966 Donzi -we should try to chat sometime
Al

glashole
07-22-2011, 05:30 AM
having a bit of an overload of work right now so there is a slight possibility i may not be able to make it up this weekend

Younger, if you are going by did you want to stop and grab a set of props for craig to try this weekend?

RudeBuoy
07-22-2011, 08:28 AM
good morning -i note that you have a 1666 Donzi on Lake Rosseau-I am on Lake Joseph and also have a 1966 Donzi -we should try to chat sometime
Al

Sounds good Al, are you joining the rally this weekend? I'm going to try and meet up with the guys Sat afternoon if I can escape family commitments. Sun I will be meeting the boats at the locks.

RudeBuoy
07-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Sup? Everyone arrive and launch ok? Can someone post updates on locations this weekend so I can find the armada.

younger
07-24-2011, 04:33 PM
First off my family would like to thank Fred and family for a great lunch and guided tour of Lake Muskoka. Ounce again all the boats looked and ran great. And even better the Donzi clan was wonderful! Thanks to all Hunter,Loretta,and Norm.

mike o
07-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Love to see Pic's this lake.....:crossfing:

Wazzy
07-25-2011, 07:52 AM
WOW!!! What a fantastic weekend. A big thanks to Fred and his family for organizing such a great outing. It was nice to meet so many other people with similar interest and see so many great boats. Thanks to everyone for making such great memories, here are a few pics.

Wazzy
07-25-2011, 08:22 AM
A few more...

mc donzi
07-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Excellent weekend!!!

Thanks to 'frclarke'(Fred & Deb) for being such gracious hosts and leading the tour of Lake Muskoka on Saturday.

Thanks to 'rudebuoy'(Jason) for leading the tour of Lake Rousseau and Lake Joseph on Sunday.

These lakes are absolutely spectacular.

It was great meeting some new people- 'snowboater'(David & Nora), 'craigdskilling'(Craig & his 2 boys-Davan & Nick), 'younger'(Norm,Loretta & Hunter), 'rudebuoy'(Jason).

To our old friends('tim morris','don mugford','chachi','wazzy')- it's always fun in your company.

For those of you that couldn't make it.. you really gotta try next year!!

Dave & Pam

Al Moran
07-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Al
We were committed to a family wedding over the weekend which took place at a church on Lake Rosseau -however our 15th Annual Donzi boys weekend held from my cottage on Lake Joseph will take place again on the weekend after labour day.

jl1962
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Great pictures. Love those boathouses.
Thanks for posting.

Tim Morris
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Great pictures. Love those boathouses.
Thanks for posting.

You couldn't ask for better hosts & tour leaders, I hope everyone had as much fun as we did - thanks a bunch!

Pictures? Boathouses? Cindy took a few, like 265 :shocking: when I downloaded them onto her Mac and then left it up north.

I'll put some up next weekend.

snowboater
07-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Thanks everybody for a great weekend! Great host ,great food and really really great people.Can't wait til we get together again.Somebody pm so i can send some pics.It won't let me upload!

RudeBuoy
07-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Really had a great time on Sunday! Wish I could've joined up on Sat as well. I really enjoyed leading the pack!! First time for me and I started with a quick detour through a few islands cause I'm a smart ass. Trying to yell and communicate over 10 or 11 Donzi' is not easy. My son Cain had a great time with Craig's kids. Cain talked non stop the whole time he was in Craigs boat. Very funny. I take lousy pictures and videos and really no good ones to post except one...:yes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15633793@N05/5976838206/

Fantastic people, great meeting everyone!

RudeBuoy
07-25-2011, 10:59 PM
15th Annual Donzi boys weekend held from my cottage on Lake Joseph will take place again on the weekend after labour day.

Great weekend for an event! Low traffic, nice weather. I'd really like to tag along on a few rides.

frclarke
07-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the wonderful company. I'm glad I ordered the fab. weather ahead of time!

Happy that everybody had a good weekend. I especially enjoyed the family atmosphere. Spouses, uncles, cousins, kids...Fantastic.
We've got the next generation of Donzi lovers coming along.

Really appreciate the help, Rudebuoy, as tour guide on Lake Joe and Rosseau. Nice fly by video of Craig.

Craig - your boat sounds a lot like mine ... oh wait, mines a 383 too. I saw you coming by the dock at 5 ish. I ran out, but you were already on your way to the marina. Your two sons are great.

Old friends - great to visit with you again.
New friends - you're old friends now!
Love
Fred and Deb

craigdskilling
07-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Had a great weekend with everybody. My first ever event like this, and I hope not the last. I cant say thanks enough for the hospitality that Fred and his whole family showed me, my boys, and the rest of us. My son now wants me to buy a Mustang convertible... thanks alot :). I got off the lake late Sunday and had lots of quiet time in the car ride home seeing that my boys of 16 and 14 passed out 5 mins into the ride. Davin and Nick, my boys, kept saying how cool everybody was, and how kind they were to them, and all I could tell them was that donzi owners are a different breed of people with big hearts. Thanks Jason for the great day up in your lakes. Thanks everybody for a great weekend
Craig and the boys

snowboater
07-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Lets see if this picture shows up gang ? Yup seems slow have to add one at a time.

CHACHI
07-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Finally made it home yesterday.

A great trip. Fred and Deb, once again it was perfect............thanks.

Jason, never made it to Joe before, thanks. A perfect guide.

Dave, that 502 sounds sweet, too sweet.

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful 2 days of boating.

Ken and Terri.

Muggs
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Carol and I would like to echo everyone's warm words of appreciation to Fred and Debbie for hosting the weekend, and for Jason's leadership of the run on Sunday. We are looking forward to earning more frequent stay rewards at the Bala Hy next year!
Norm - Thanks so much for chine walking Carol down the lake in your "sweet sixteen", that was really super nice of you. She loved it and is now asking if we could have a blackhawk outdrive.

Don

younger
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Never, never say no to a wife that wants boat parts. Not many people have gotten out of the back seat after a first ride with a smile like that! Anytime, Norm.

Tim Morris
07-28-2011, 09:28 PM
As promised, here are some pics...

Tim Morris
07-28-2011, 09:32 PM
...and some more...

Tim Morris
07-28-2011, 09:34 PM
...and more...

Tim Morris
07-28-2011, 09:37 PM
...and the last couple...

jl1962
07-29-2011, 05:38 AM
I'm digging the older yellow 18 w/ the windshield. Who's boat?

CHACHI
07-29-2011, 05:51 AM
I'm digging the older yellow 18 w/ the windshield. Who's boat?
That boat belongs to Don Mungford. He will be re-powering and installing a Blackhawk soon. :)

Oh yeah, as far as I know it is all OEM.

Ken

younger
07-29-2011, 06:48 AM
The pics are a reflection of the great time we had, thanks!

Tim Morris
07-29-2011, 06:51 AM
That boat belongs to Don Mungford. He will be re-powering and installing a Blackhawk soon. :)

That's because Norm (Younger) took Don's lady (Carol) for a 80+ mph
ride in his 18' Blackhawk. There's no turning back now, she's hooked!

snowboater
07-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Great photos! Thanks again everybody.

younger
07-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Some of Hunter's pics on Friday at the Bala-Hy.

younger
07-31-2011, 08:38 PM
The best for last.