PDA

View Full Version : 2000 223 Deck Boat?

jerrsher
03-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I am looking at a used 2000 Donzi 223 Deck Boat. It has a 5.7 300hp motor, seems to be better than average shape, and seems to be a nice boat for the lake. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I plan on getting a survey done tomorrow. Anything I should have them concentrate on? Any feedback would be great. Here is a link to the posting on craig's list. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/2205000526.html

Thanks

fasttrucker
03-13-2011, 10:32 PM
We have one here in md. nice deck boat/....There is one that, catch-22 was talking to me about.He dropped I think a 500 or a 525 hp into it.There is a guy on the donzi net who has one.Nice guy and a hot wife(respectivly saying:cool:) I think he goes by fergettes?

Tidbart
03-14-2011, 06:57 AM
We have one here in md. nice deck boat/....There is one that, catch-22 was talking to me about.He dropped I think a 500 or a 525 hp into it.There is a guy on the donzi net who has one.Nice guy and a hot wife(respectivly saying:cool:) I think he goes by fergettes?

Fegettes.

BUIZILLA
03-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Fegettes has a 383..

fegettes
03-14-2011, 10:21 AM
I am in the final stages of a 383 stroker, approximately 450 HP, installed in to my 1998 Sport/deck boat. It previously had the 350 CI/250 HP motor in it. I really like the boat, just thought I would put a little more power in it. I like the extra room to move around with the ability to carry more people, more storage area, and the bimini. Maybe I will get to run it this next weekend.

Lookes like the price is right on this 2000 model, and the extra power is a plus. When I bought my boat, I bought a new ACE aluminum trailer for around $2600.

Steve

silverghost
03-14-2011, 11:13 AM
There is also one in Ocean City NJ .
It looks like a fun famiy & party boat .
Lots of interior deck room, seating, amd a sink/wet-bar area, convertible top, etc.. Is there also a private cuddy style marine head ? Is there also a waste holding tank ?
What speeds can they realistically attain with the stepped hull & stock 5.7 / 300 horsepower ?
They look like a very wide, big, and somewhat heavy boat ?

They are not what most people think of when you mention Donzi; but your wife and kids will love it !

DonziJosh
03-14-2011, 12:52 PM
There is also one in Ocean City NJ .
It looks like a fun famiy & party boat .
Lots of interior deck room, seating, amd a sink/wet-bar area, convertible top, etc.. Is there also a private cuddy style marine head ? Is there also a waste holding tank ?
What speeds can they realistically attain with the stepped hull & stock 5.7 / 300 horsepower ?
They look like a very wide, big, and somewhat heavy boat ?

They are not what most people think of when you mention Donzi; but your wife and kids will love it !

Sink/wetbar area, forward and aft boarding ladders...they even came with a 12V blender! We offered a forward filler setup that turned half the boat into a monstrous sunpad/cushion area. There's a head compartment (with porta pottie) beneath the helm. With the 5.7 EFI (260 HP) engine they ran in the 50s; with the 350 Mag MPI (300HP) they ran around 60. Really fun boat! Beam was 8'6". Seated like 10 or 12 if I recall correctly, and had cupholders all over the place...a real party machine.

oledawg
03-14-2011, 01:03 PM
There is one on my lake ( Lake Tillery ) but I have never seen it running. Great looking boat and I think that you will really enjoy it.... :nilly:

jerrsher
03-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone. Took it for a test drive on Lake Norman yesterday. It does all of 60mph. I have made an offer on this one and am anxiously awaiting a survey to be completed early next week.