PDA

View Full Version : 1st time boatless in 15 years...

Buddyc
03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Just sold me Sea ray Sundancer. Its bittersweet... but realizing what I pay a year to keep the boat with dockage and such it was just getting to be too much... My kids have never been without being on the water.
I did but the red mistress but realistically that wont be wet till next year... Maybe I will just rent a shore house and watch all the boats go past the beach in envy

silverghost
03-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Buddy:
I understand how you feel being without a boat !

Renting a place down the "Shore" and watching other people enjoy their boats is Just like ~~~~
Chinese Water Torture !

I know~~~ I did that one year !

I also did no boating at all last year as my Father had just passed-away !

Walt. H.
03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Buddy,
With the way the price of fuel is going up consider yourself lucky for now, many will be sitting out this coming season with their boats in storage at home. :(

I think it hurts more to own a boat and not be able to run it, then the other way around of not having one.

I'm sure you'll be looking and they'll be plenty of deals out there making it a buyers market again like it was in 2006 when gas was high $$.

All best with keeping your spirits UP!

fegettes
03-09-2011, 04:38 AM
Buddy,

Let me do you a favor. For you, I will sell you my Blackhawk. You won't have to keep it in the water, no dockage fees, easy on fuel, and I think it is one good looking boat, and you won't be boatless any more.

Steve

Buddyc
03-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Buddy:
I understand how you feel being without a boat !

Renting a place down the "Shore" and watching other people enjoy their boats is Just like ~~~~
Chinese Water Torture !

I know~~~ I did that one year !

I also did no boating at all last year as my Father had just passed-away !
Sorry to hear about your dad... My dad just passed away about 4 months ago, Been in a fog ever since.
I remember after Katrina hit, Gas prices were north of $550 a gallon on the Chesapeake. It appears that this year may surpass that. Buring 25gph crusing hurts the wallet.
Its only a matter of time before my little ones ask " are we going to the boat this weekend"? I have a couple of months to come up with a good diversion :)

mrfixxall
03-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your dad... My dad just passed away about 4 months ago, Been in a fog ever since.
I remember after Katrina hit, Gas prices were north of $550 a gallon on the Chesapeake. It appears that this year may surpass that. Buring 25gph crusing hurts the wallet.
Its only a matter of time before my little ones ask " are we going to the boat this weekend"? I have a couple of months to come up with a good diversion :)

I often wonder for as much as i use mine if i were better off seling and renting a boat for a day..this may be a option for you buddy if you really feel the need..

tjags
03-09-2011, 04:54 PM
I often wonder for as much as i use mine if i were better off seling and renting a boat for a day..this may be a option for you buddy if you really feel the need..

I had some family come to the lake last summer when I was between boats, so I rented. I spent the better part of the morning cursing myself that $300 + fuel was a rip-off. We were floating in the middle of the lake w/ the engine off, eating lunch when I quickly became a fan of renting. The starter went!

Called the rental company and 30min later we were swapping out boats in the middle of the lake, and away we went. If it were my boat, we'd have been done boating for the day, I'd be on some random shoreline trying to get back to my truck, and I'd be out a bunch of $$$$!!!:nilly:

Just sayin'...mrfixxall brings up a good option!

Inferno
03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
You know what they say "If it Flies, Fuc.. or Floats rent it". There so right this year !!!

Buddyc
03-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Last year alone I spent over $24000 on whats basically a 20 week season in Jersey. Thats if there is good weather on all weekends. Dont take a rocket scientist to do the math... But I did know this goin in. But then again I was making almost double then for an income... Easy come Easy go

silverghost
03-09-2011, 07:27 PM
A lot of the boats that are rented are just~~~~

JUNK !

Since the folks that rent these boat don't own them~~~~
They beat the living daylights out of them !

I have often watched the weekend boat renters run aground ~~~ and still try to plow though a sandbar !

It happens
Every weekend !

DAULEY
03-09-2011, 07:38 PM
buddy
just buy my x18 and go have some fun and have a great looking boat that draws attention ever time its on the water for alot less than you spent last year on searay and then you will have a lot of time to do you resto
go to ebay and start bidding