PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Insurance

Barry Eller
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Nationwide Insurance is dropping my homeowners insurance after 24 years. I've never had a claim, even after all of the hurricanes we have had.Their reason is...I don't have my auto insurance with them. They SUCK! But they can sponsor the Nationwide Racing Series...Nationwide is NOT on your side.

jstrahn
03-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Nationwide Insurance is dropping my homeowners insurance after 24 years. I've never had a claim, even after all of the hurricanes we have had. They SUCK! But they can sponsor the Nationwide Racing Series...Nationwide is NOT on your side.

What was their explanation? I've been with State Farm for a long time and they've always been decent.

Barry Eller
03-05-2011, 04:20 PM
What was their explanation? I've been with State Farm for a long time and they've always been decent.

My agent says, "unofficially", they are dropping Florida homeowners that don't have everything we own insured with them. We have contacted the Florida Insurance Commision, they can't give us a answer. State Farm will not insure me because I live less than 700 feet from Pensacola Bay.

Carl C
03-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Farmer's dropped one of my homes so I dropped them on the other! They lost a customer for life. It seems that the insurance companies are getting could feet due to all the over insured homes. BTW, I found insurance a lot cheaper :).

richard96
03-06-2011, 07:07 AM
In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/home-insurance-calculator

walker.kenny73
03-21-2011, 02:20 AM
I’d say it’s a great time to shop around for better coverage with lower rates. Get a home insurance (http://hartfordauto.thehartford.com/Property-Insurance/Home-Insurance/) quote from The Hartford. I go with them and really liked the claim service!