PDA

View Full Version : New (Pre-Loved) Donzi Owner checking in

Humanphibian
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Took delivery of the keys today for a 2004 26ZX. My wife and I have been spending the majority of of the summer for the past couple of years hanging out with friends on their boats....so we figured it was time to get our own.

A friend was looking to get rid of a couple of his toys so that he can "re-invest" so when he mentioned the Donzi, I was ALL OVER IT! We have been out on it numerous times and it is a GREAT boat!

Now....time to get her cleaned up, polished up and ready for the water!

gcarter
03-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Cogratulations on your new boat! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Welcom to the site
There's lots of knowledge here about Z boats, just not from me!!!:)

jstrahn
03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Pre-Loved Donzi Owner? It is good to hear that you and your wife have consummated your marriage. :pimp:

:)

Great looking boat. Welcome to the site.

Humanphibian
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Looking forward to this summer...and many to follow. My wife has already asked me "So....this is just first one huh? How long till we get a big one?"

I love that woman!

I will probably have a flood of questions in the next few weeks/months. I have been lurking and doing some research prior to committing to buy it so I feel confident that Donzi is an investment, not a thrash and trash deal (Baja).

She has a 496 with a Whipple (20 hrs since SC install), was re-propped at time of SC install (not sure of specs yet) and has some other work done to it. It's light and damn quick. There is a 28 zx with twins on the hometown lake and this boat, although a bit shorter seems far faster.

Will post motor pics when I get some good ones

LKSD
03-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Congrats on the boat.. :) Welcome to the group.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Just Say N20
03-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Welcome!

It looks like you got a very well cared for boat. You will have tremendous fun with it, and create lots of memories that will put a smile on your face for those times when you can't be boating at the moment.

Marvair
03-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome,

I see TX numbers on the bow....Where's your home lake?

Marvin.

Donzi Vol
03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Welcome aboard.

Lively-one
03-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Love your new boat. I am more in love with the classics but this is a very nice ZX. I also like that it is not splashed with wild colored graphics.

As Marvin has already asked...where is your home lake in Texas?

I too am a proud TEXAN :us-texas:

Enjoy your Donzi, Adam

Humanphibian
03-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Lewisville. She is currently dry at Eagle Point, but we are looking at slips across the lake on the Frisco side

fasttrucker
03-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Nice, How fast with the whipple?................

Masterkey83
03-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Jaime at Lakeside had a supercharged 26 and I'm pretty sure he was knockin 80's door down..

LKSD
03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Jaime at Lakeside had a supercharged 26 and I'm pretty sure he was knockin 80's door down..

Alistair, Yes, I had a whipple on mine (496 Mag HO) & it would run very about 80 with the right prop & good conditions.. THe SC gave it a big shot in the arm.. :)

The Hedgehog
03-06-2011, 05:04 PM
That is a cool boat. Enjoy. I really love my 26ZX. I just visited her a little while ago.

Humanphibian
03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I was told 83, but I have not witnessed it with a reliable GPS. I have been in it @ full tilt boogie....and 83 sounds like a solid number, but GPS was down so not sure....:popcorn:

pymnloloEtepe9
03-06-2011, 08:33 PM
There are certainly a variety of details like that to take into consideration. That is a nice level to carry up. I offer the ideas above as common inspiration however clearly there are questions like the one you bring up the place crucial factor will likely be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged around issues like that, but I am positive that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Both boys and girls really feel the influence of just a second’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives. I'll be visiting www.donzi.net again for more information. resistance training body suit florida (http://malariamedicine.infositesweb.com/)

FISHIN SUCKS
03-07-2011, 06:04 AM
Congrats and welcome to the board Human!!!! I love the ZX's as well as the Classics, but the ZX works well with how our family floats:) If you ever have any questions, plenty of info here on the board. Like your bajaha comment, i feel the same way:smash: