PDA

View Full Version : Livorsi Depth Finder

Marvair
03-04-2011, 04:08 PM
This is the factory furnished unit the boat came with. I downloaded the owners manual and set it up, I thought. It does not show the running depth but the alarm for shallow water does trip occationally. Are these things reliable, they must have put them on a bunch of late model rigs. Anyone could shed some light on this....or it just may be operator error.

Marvin.

gcarter
03-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Someone, somewhere makes these things.
There're probably 50 different users of these things, in fact, the only difference between them is the face on the front of them.
You can buy these things on eBay from about $40.00 to whatever Livorsi charges, they're all the same. I've bought them as a no-name item and called Livorsi or Gaffrig and bought the proper bezel and face for about $15.00.
It's a very inexpensive depth sounder, and you shouldn't expect a whole lot.
You can buy new transducers on eBay pretty cheap, and that may fix it, or get a new one and change the face.

Marvair
03-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Kinda figured that...I'll start a new search. Any recomendations for a replacement to fit the dash hole?

Marvin.

gcarter
03-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Kinda figured that...I'll start a new search. Any recomendations for a replacement to fit the dash hole?

Marvin.

There's probably very few others that have a 2" display.

VetteLT193
03-06-2011, 02:34 PM
If memory serves, Humminbird has the exact model and it is available everywhere for 99 bucks. eBay for much less.

DonziJosh
03-07-2011, 10:20 AM
If memory serves, Humminbird has the exact model and it is available everywhere for 99 bucks. eBay for much less.

That's correct. We were installing the Humminbird version when I was at Wellcraft in the mid-90s, then it appeared as a Gaffrig, and later, Livorsi. As long as you've got the transducer with the two-pin plug, they should all be interchangeable. I blew out Donzi's leftover stock on eBay last year.