PDA

View Full Version : 632CID/800HP BBC with CMI headers/tailpipes

Conquistador_del_mar
03-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought I would put this engine up for sale here. I bought this dynoed 632 stroker from Derebery Performance Marine to use in my Magnum, but I am not going to proceed with the project. It is a Merlin tall block with Brodix heads and all the good performance parts used including valve stud girdles. The valve covers are two piece aluminum, the carburetor is a Holley Dominator, and the fuel pump is a mechanical 130GPH Holley. It has a starter, marine alternator, circulating pump, 12 qt. aluminum oil pan, nice aluminum breather, and a flywheel balanced to this engine. The headers are CMI along with the CMI tailpipes and clamps. I have not had a chance to polish out the tailpipes, yet. These are not glamour shots I took this afternoon, but only to show the monster. Daniel Derebery has called me a couple times about selling it for me, but I thought I would see if there was anyone here who wanted it before I let it go. $13,000 firm price. Email me at DGILL25960@aol.com or call (903)786-6281. It would be much easier if someone could pick it up here in north Texas. Bill

Just Say N20
03-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Bill,

Among the other, wonderful personal qualities you have, you certainly are a "Go Big or Go Home" kind of guy. :yes:

I don't think think this engine would fit in my 16. If it did, I'd have what, maybe 1" of freeboard at the transom?

Thanks for giving people on the board first chance at this Monster engine.

superhatz
03-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Bill...not going to do the Mag?? Makes me sad, I hope everything is okay.

NJFASTECH
03-06-2011, 07:44 PM

Ahem, Seems the corsa is his new flame. But he could back burner the mag or?

Conquistador_del_mar
03-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Bill,

Among the other, wonderful personal qualities you have, you certainly are a "Go Big or Go Home" kind of guy. :yes:

I don't think think this engine would fit in my 16. If it did, I'd have what, maybe 1" of freeboard at the transom?

Thanks for giving people on the board first chance at this Monster engine.

Thanks, Bill
Yep, it does have some serious weight, but it will be a fabulous motor for the right boat. I actually thought about installing it in my Eliminator to get it in the 125MPH range, but I want to reduce my project load.

Aaron,
I tried to explain why I am changing course in this thread about my TIA stroke a couple years ago. I am also bummed about this. Every day when I look at that great hull, I think about what a wonderful boat it will be again some day - :yes:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64296

Ahem, Seems the corsa is his new flame. But he could back burner the mag or?

I bought the Martini since it is just about ready to run. It will never be the boat the Magnum will be some day, but I don't have it in me now to restore the Magnum. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
04-15-2011, 07:26 PM
I have had one man from overseas contact me about the engine, but after talking to Leon this afternoon, it looks like I will be letting him sell it. We might even do a trade. Just a quick heads up. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
07-16-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a racer buying the engine, but he has no need for the marine specific parts. Bill