PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat Magazine

riverrat
07-29-2001, 03:51 PM
Man it's good to see the east coast boats get in the magazine even if they had multiple type o's. A pretty good article about the "AWAKENING OF THE HORSES". Funny thing the cover story this month is "ENTRY-LEVEL TEST" and there isn't a "DONZI" to be had. At the price point the west coast boats go for I would think they might include a "DONZI" or two in the group. Maybe it's because there is no custom gel coat offering from "DONZI" that they consider our boats production type boats? Whatever :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Peter Beck
07-30-2001, 07:31 PM
I received my magazine today and not a bad article. Next year it will grow right gang!!!!!

boldts
07-30-2001, 11:03 PM
Peter,
Finally got a copy here also. (I bought all 5 that were in the store) Very nice shot of your 22 in there. I was worried about what the pictures would look like since I'm no pro and I couldn't view them before sending. MadPoddle says 80 or bust. LOL Personally, I'd be happy if only one other person showed up. It was to much fun! Beth is still in love with your dark green and white Classic although she likes the 22 ZX also. What's not to like? They all look fantastic. :D :D

harbormaster
07-30-2001, 11:30 PM
Hey guys,
Could someone Scan the photos and article and email them to me? I would like to see it.
I have looked all over for hotboat in my are and can't find it. I guess I am going to have to subscribe.

Peter Beck
07-31-2001, 06:59 PM
Scot I do not have a scanner but like Scott I am going to buy a few copies and if you don’t get a copy of the article I will send you a copy of the magazine. Scott you did great the photos are fine. My wife is not as big of a Donzi fan as yours is because it is a driver’s boat and she also likes skiing. Next year I am going to get her to go to AOTH II and I am sure you all will help convert her. Thanks again

Formula Jr
08-01-2001, 01:44 AM
I made a special trip into town to find the Mag. There I was at the book store and, get this, the clerk says "We got them in, but we CAN'T put them out till the first."
Love that Corp mentality..........

Scott, you gotta change your board name to "Boldts Says." That 'd be a hoot! ;)

Riley
08-01-2001, 03:02 PM
If anybody would like a copy of the August Hot Boat, let me know. My local newstand has a pile of them, I'd be happy to drop one in the mail to any of you guys.

For those of you that have seen the AOTH issue, did any of you guys get a load of that guy with the sbc powered vintage hydro? I've got to believe that boat violates just about every marine law known to man! Not to mention the fact that the only safety gear the guy was wearing was a pair of shades, while doing a claimed 125 mph fly-by. With open zoomie headers, too! Not the kind of image we performance boaters want to portray.

bverd
08-01-2001, 03:13 PM
Sign me up for a copy... I have called all the local book stores to no avail. Would love a copy. :D

Riley
08-01-2001, 05:41 PM
Okay guys, I just popped down to the local newstand and picked up 5 more copies of this issue of Hot Boat. Bverd has laid claim to one, how about the rest of you guys? Email me your mailing address and I'll be happy to drop one in the mail to you.

Don't worry about the money, either. If I happen to meet any of you guys at one of the future gatherings, buy me a beer or two. Otherwise, pass on a favor to someone else here on the board. :D

harbormaster
08-01-2001, 07:28 PM
Riley,
You rock!