PDA

View Full Version : Great deal for cockpit covers/X18

Full-throttle
02-28-2011, 11:09 AM
If anyone is looking for a cockpit cover for a X18 in Black or Teal without the windshield check this link out. Great deal. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290539733084&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123

knots2u
02-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Actually the link shows the black sunbrella cover for X18's, the teal cover is for a no windshield starboard steering 18 Classic, you will have to use the keyword "Donzi" on ebay to find it. Sorry if I'm offending anyone with this clarification,

Bob

NJFASTECH
03-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Actually the link shows the black sunbrella cover for X18's, the teal cover is for a no windshield starboard steering 18 Classic, you will have to use the keyword "Donzi" on ebay to find it. Sorry if I'm offending anyone with this clarification,

Bob

Bob, I know you retired can't you find some apprentice to teach your legacy and fine craftsmanship to carry on the tradition of this art? It is sad all the old school trades seem to fall away. I know the right person found could make you proud!

Just curious,Jim

NJFASTECH
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Just wanted to add you did some amazing work through the years! I have guys looking at my 82 Hornet II dash and side wraps scratching their heads:bonk:

LKSD
03-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Just wanted to add you did some amazing work through the years! I have guys looking at my 82 Hornet II dash and side wraps scratching their heads:bonk:

I know what you mean, there are places that do good work & there are those that don't. That is why I & some others do keep busy yet these days..

Skilled craftsmen are some what of a dying breed. I was lucky enough to have some great people that were very skilled train me many years ago that have also long since retired themselves now.... I think part of it has to do with the desire to learn & patience..

There are a lot of lazy and careless people anymore that want the easy way out and don't want to really learn anything, or so it seems...

Good luck on your Hornet, great boat.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Dakari
03-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Damn, I wish this would have been for a Port-helm X-18. I need to replace mine this spring...

LKSD
03-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I am here if you need me.. However I would need your boat for that one. :) Jamie

Dakari
03-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Thanks, Jamie!

LKSD
03-08-2011, 06:22 AM
No problem :)