PDA

View Full Version : 1981 Donzi Hornet II

2donzi2
02-26-2011, 11:27 PM
1981 Hornet II. 2nd owner. Boat is completely original. Original gel cote, original interior. The only non original item on the boat is the Imco Powerflow exhaust system and water crossover. 454/330 Mercruiser with 90 hrs smoh. Engine built by a quality machine shop in Daytona Beach, FL. At the time of the engine rebuild, starter, alternator and sea pump were replaced. The end of last season, new dayco gold series belts, all fluid drained and refilled, new water pickup hoses and external trim lines replaced. (2) deep cycle batterys replaced 1 1/2 years ago. TRS Mercruiser outdrive was stripped down and resprayed with acrylic urethane. Exterior of boat is original gel. Interior is white with blue stripe which I will add pictures when I take them and of the engine. Boat has hydralic engine hatch, bennet trim tabs, hummingbird depth finder and autromatic bilge pump. Does have a stereo but speakers should be replaced. This boat is a survivor and probably one of the nicer original boats on the market. Trailer is a galvanized magic trail bunk trailer. Tires were replaced two years ago and are in perfect shape. Tongue jack replaced last year. Prior to purchasing, boat was high and dry stored. As the second owner, boat has been kept inside storage for almost 3 years. If boat does not sell by the end of March it will be available to be seen at the Mt Dora antique boat festival in Tavares, FL. I have owned many Donzis and this has been my favorite. Best riding and performing. This boat gets attention everywhere it goes. Have 2 other boats including another donzi and excalibur. Enjoyed this one for 3 years and now time to move on. PM if you have any questions. Serious inquires only please. More pictures of engine and interior to follow as well as a video of boat running. $16,500

2donzi2
02-27-2011, 05:49 PM
pics and video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wv1kIZlfCk

Just Say N20
02-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Beautiful boat. Great pictures and video.

Good luck with the sale.

NJFASTECH
02-27-2011, 06:51 PM
very nice clean looking boat!

Tony
02-27-2011, 07:47 PM
This is a very sweet looking Donzi!

The gel, the upholstery, the engine bay...it all looks to be in excellent shape.
I really like the era of Donzis that used upholstery along the dash and cockpit sides, to me that just looks totally classy.

Someone needs to buy this gem, especially at the reasonable price listed.

:beer:

andrewz9876
02-27-2011, 08:40 PM
What a deal,Very Nice boat have seen in it in person. Good luck with the sale.

superhatz
02-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I love this boat.

:pretzel:

boats74
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Wow! Sounds awesome :shades:

olredalert
03-26-2011, 03:01 PM
-----Mike brought this boat to Tavares and its for sale at the show right now. Beautiful boat and nice guy to deal with.......

Sweet little 16
03-31-2011, 06:29 AM
updates

2donzi2
03-31-2011, 01:41 PM
updates

boat is to be picked up tomorrow and on its way to its new home.

2donzi2
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
-----Mike brought this boat to Tavares and its for sale at the show right now. Beautiful boat and nice guy to deal with.......

Bill

Really nice to meet you as well and had fun swapping stories. We had a great weekend and the boat got lots of interest. As I told everyone, the first one with the $$$ gets the boat and a gentleman I spoke with before bringing the boat down there was the lucky guy.

2donzi2
04-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Boat is on its way to Maryland and what a great couple that purchased it. Definately a real stand up guy and not a tire kicker. Charlie, enjoy the boat and if you have any questions, give me a shout.

CCTBJ
04-03-2011, 01:56 PM
We made it home safe to maryland with this wonderful boat.I am hooked on this sweet boat.Mike, it was nice meeting you and your wonderful family.I'll take good care of her as you obviously did.Thanks
Charlie