PDA

View Full Version : Aggressively calling Spring....

Phil S
02-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Spring commissioning underway today....changed the plugs this am, and she fired right up....thinking about a first run tomorrow. Last year, she ran like crap on Stabil / Seafoam treated / stored gas first time out. This year, stored it with only half a tank so I could blend in some fresh gas prior to start up & first run.

Quick question: What do ya'll think the best lubricant is to use for cable connections, shifter pivots, choke, etc., around the carburetor ?

Thanks, and all suggestions and opinions welcomed. COME ON SPRING !!! :yes: :boat:

Phil S.

Ed Donnelly
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Phil; I got a little Spring Fever too

Should be well enough to get out of bed next week

younger
02-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Keep those cable ends clean, and washers on each side with the lock nut tight enough so the washers still spin. As for spring, the cover is half off the 16 getting some polish and the bike is ready. Just need the snow to go!

Phil S
02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Nice bikes guys...waay cool !

Wishing you both warmer weather sooner than later !!

Not to rub it in, but yesterday was first day on the water.....mostly just to burn off old winter gas (I'm sure there's a joke in there...have at it.. ;) ).

Took her to a small lake where I knew a fishin' buddy would be with his outboard (not that I would ever need a tow in or anything ....:nilly: ), but, she ended up running great. Ran out about a half a tank, and she never skipped a beat.

COME ON SPRING !!!

WKR,

Phil S.

ps....I'd kill myself on one of those things....ya'll be careful !! :yes:

Fishermanjm
03-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Dam Phil I'm jealous..... Way to cold up here
in RI for that yet. Still too much snow. The boat won't
get around the snow yet. Can't wait for SPRING

younger
03-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Still driving on the ice with the truck! So the only way my boat will be on the lake if I tow it behind the truck. Wonder if she will run 80+ behind the truck on the frozen lake.