PDA

View Full Version : Boat title

Fishermanjm
02-26-2011, 06:56 AM
My title finally showed up in the mail my Donzi is really mine
now. Registered and titled in RI. Now I need to register the trailer

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-26-2011, 07:56 AM
just curious why did you have to get a title from donzi ?

Full-throttle
02-26-2011, 08:14 AM
I will bet that RI is a title state, so when you go to register they take the old title and send you a new title in your name. Congrats on the new boat...

Fishermanjm
02-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Yea. That's how it works in RI. They took the MD title an I got an RI
title wit my name on it. I'm sure it's all about money. Thanks

HIGH LIFE
03-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Here in Ma. you have to pay sales tax on boat & trailer within 20 days or you get fined. I found out the hard way years ago, bought a MAGNUM SEDAN in Oct. didn't register until May & got hit with a fine for both. "HIGH LIFE"

Walt. H.
03-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Here in Ma. you have to pay sales tax on boat & trailer within 20 days or you get fined. I found out the hard way years ago, bought a MAGNUM SEDAN in Oct. didn't register until May & got hit with a fine for both. "HIGH LIFE"

That suck$ when you consider, many people buy boats to restore that may take many months to a few years to finish before they they decide to head down to the DMV to register it, and then what happens when a boat is sold to a third party when the restorer gives up and re-sells it w/o ever registering it.
Who gets screwed then? :boggled:

OFFSHORE GINGER
03-08-2011, 12:12 PM
That suck$ when you consider, many people buy boats to restore that may take many months to a few years to finish before they they decide to head down to the DMV to register it, and then what happens when a boat is sold to a third party when the restorer gives up and re-sells it w/o ever registering it.
Who gets screwed then? :boggled:Actually the seller can take it in the rear which is called jumping title.