PDA

View Full Version : 22 screamer!!

parasaildave
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
22 classic w/blackhawk for sale. $22.000. boat was bought last year w/56 orig hrs.general service oil/plugs/impeller etc. boat was rigged as seen from factory. i added livorsi shifter,wheel,gauges. boat has aprox 140 hrs.located in houston texas. call dave 832-330-6602 all work was done at victory marine. scott knows this boat well.thanks! i updated pics to show 55 gal gas tank, blackhawk drive/eng/gimble varified by title. pics dont show it but i had painter remove eng. hatch and sand/finish white.502 mag is mounted high in eng bay it rubs hatch just a bit to make a small rub on white. there has been question on posted speed.im recovering from rotator cuff surgery!! and as everyone should know i need all my body parts working to pilot this thrill ride!!if i its still here i will have it gps varified soon. thanks for to help that i have recd. from some of the members! and i hope the ice melts for all you in the northeast. there are some advantages to being it texas.

fogducker III
02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
these are pics of 22 for sale in texas.

nice.............:lookaroun::confused:

Tidbart
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Great first post....:bonk::boggled: :)

Tidbart
02-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Dave,

Before we go much further with this, at your expense,......

When you post photos, you have to hit "manage attachments"/ "Browse", then "Upload". Then you have to wait for them to load before closing the box out.

Hope this helps.:wink:

And, welcome aboard.

B

DAULEY
02-23-2011, 07:38 PM
these are pics of 22 for sale in texas.
is boat original or did you install blackhawk drive

Buddyc
02-23-2011, 09:33 PM
How much is it? Love the color

Lively-one
02-23-2011, 09:52 PM
How much is it? Love the color

It's priced at $23,000 according to the listings I have seen. If anyone is interested it is nearby where I live and I can check out the condition and such...but I am no mechanic.

younger
02-24-2011, 07:25 AM
What kind of speeds?

LKSD
02-24-2011, 07:45 AM
is boat original or did you install blackhawk drive

I talked with him yesterday.. I did not catch the year at first, but it is a 1998 so it is not a true Black Hawk, but it does look like a nice boat & it does look rigged to run.. The Merc K planes are a nice plus too.. :)

Merc Made the Black hawk drive from what I recall during 94-95 & Donzi made th BH edition models under the model years 1995-96..

:) Jamie / Lakeside

RickSE
02-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Interesting that this boat has fillets at the base of the stringers.

Looks like a nice boat for a good price.

DAULEY
02-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Interesting that this boat has fillets at the base of the stringers.
Looks like a nice boat for a good price.

please explain i dont see what you are talking about

parasaildave
02-26-2011, 11:09 AM
What kind of speeds? its fast enough to keep your attention! 80+

fogducker III
02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
its fast enough to keep your attention! 80+

With a stock 502.............:confused::lookaroun:

zelatore
02-26-2011, 12:06 PM
With a stock 502.............:confused::lookaroun:
Does sound a tad optimistic, but I'm no Blackhawk expert. Stock 502 w/B1 will brt you into the low 70's. Is a Blackhawk worth 8-10 mph?

Greg Guimond
02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Is that 80 under GPS ?

fogducker III
02-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeller got some good numbers swapping to a Blackhawk, 86mph+ I recall, but that is a Procharger 496 so I would think this boat MIGHT get mid 70's.....:confused:

Nice boat either way.........:yes:

RickSE
02-28-2011, 02:11 PM
please explain i dont see what you are talking about

In the pictures where you can see the base of the stringer(s) you can see a filler piece or fillet. Instead of a square corner at the base of the stringer where it meets the hull of the boat there is a small 45 degree transition. This was one of Donzi's repair methods when the 22's started having stress crack issues at the base of the stringer. This boat should be prior to the known stringer issues but who knows how far back it goes. Zelatore's boat had the repair and it's a 99(?).

Tidbart
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Rick,

I think it is an optical illusion. I don't see any fillets either.

Mine is a 1997 and could be the sister to this one. Same engine, color, setup, and ...no fillets.

RickSE
03-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Rick,

I think it is an optical illusion. I don't see any fillets either.

Mine is a 1997 and could be the sister to this one. Same engine, color, setup, and ...no fillets.

Could be, maybe just the termination end of a layup coming up from the floor?? The area I see is in the red box.

parasaildave
03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
really! is that all this website is all about! maybe ill keep it and just make some of the gatherings! its a killer boat at a good price! maybe no 80 but 79 depends how big your balls are! this is an honest post!!!

glashole
03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
not much else to look at this time of the year :popcorn:

don't take it personal, everyone seems to like your boat and it is very nice there's just not alot of buyers this time of the year

but keep in mind we will call you out on speed if its overrated and not backed up with a GPS readout :)

MDonziM
03-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Nice looking 22, always liked blue. Looks well cared for and certainly a fair price if so. FWIW when I added my blackhawk to my stock 502 I gained 1-2mph. but the stability/ride is no comparrison.

Tidbart
03-02-2011, 06:05 AM
really! is that all this website is all about! maybe ill keep it and just make some of the gatherings! its a killer boat at a good price! maybe no 80 but 79 depends how big your balls are! this is an honest post!!!

FWIW,

Dave makes a valid point. It doesn't matter what he says about his boat. If you want to buy it, go check it out, verify his claims, and negotiate a price accordingly. This section of the board is not the debate section, it is the For Sale section. He has posted an ad for a boat for sale, end of story. If you like to debate a setup like his, go to the Performance section and start a thread.

A seller's ad is sacred. Remember the rules? This is not the, pick apart someone's boat section, nor the, you're not being straight with us, section.

You, not you Dave, may disagree with my thoughts, but if you would like to debate this, let's go to another section.

B

Just Say N20
03-02-2011, 09:47 AM
FWIW,

Dave makes a valid point. It doesn't matter what he says about his boat. If you want to buy it, go check it out, verify his claims, and negotiate a price accordingly. This section of the board is not the debate section, it is the For Sale section. He has posted an ad for a boat for sale, end of story. If you like to debate a setup like his, go to the Performance section and start a thread.

A seller's ad is sacred. Remember the rules? This is not the, pick apart someone's boat section, nor the, you're not being straight with us, section.

You, not you Dave, may disagree with my thoughts, but if you would like to debate this, let's go to another section.

B

Exactly. Well said.

zelatore
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
In the pictures where you can see the base of the stringer(s) you can see a filler piece or fillet. Instead of a square corner at the base of the stringer where it meets the hull of the boat there is a small 45 degree transition. This was one of Donzi's repair methods when the 22's started having stress crack issues at the base of the stringer. This boat should be prior to the known stringer issues but who knows how far back it goes. Zelatore's boat had the repair and it's a 99(?).

Mine's an '01...and I do have some stress cracks visible in the hull gell under the stringers:boggled:

yeller
03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Rick, I don't see what you see. If you look at the other stringer in the pic you copied, it looks all stock to me.

Lively-one
03-02-2011, 11:31 PM
FWIW,

B

Well put.

JMZ
03-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Nice looking 22, always liked blue. Looks well cared for and certainly a fair price if so. FWIW when I added my blackhawk to my stock 502 I gained 1-2mph. but the stability/ride is no comparrison.

....What do you mean by the stability / ride is no comparison?

Is it better with the Blackhawk drive or worse?

Just Say N20
03-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Better.

glashole
03-04-2011, 12:42 PM
it also up's the number of points on your man card

sweet 16 1966
03-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Nice set up boat. Good luck with the sale. Priced right. Low hours.
I hope we are at the bottom of the market - price wise. 2-3 years ago- you would have needed to throw in a 16 + the money.

silverghost
03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Looks like one great boat for the money !

A real steal of a deal on a great low-hours boat!

Basically it's a NEW boat !

Check-out the 2011 Donzi 22 boat prices~~~
You will then buy his boat without thinking twice !

Good Luck with your sale !

smokediver
03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Sold !

Tidbart
03-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Sold !

Congrats John.