PDA

View Full Version : fuel cost

DAULEY
02-22-2011, 06:49 PM
fill up your boat now while prices are down
talking 6 per gal on lake this summer
everyone around here at gas pumps filling gas caddies and the lake still has 12inches of ice:shocking:

zelatore
02-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Heck, "they" are saing $5.00 at the pump nation-wide this summer. Here in CA, that would probalby mean $6.00 at the pump and $7.00 on the water.

That would truely bring the suck!

roadtrip se
02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
fill up your boat now while prices are down
talking 6 per gal on lake this summer
everyone around here at gas pumps filling gas caddies and the lake still has 12inches of ice:shocking:

for the season than put stale fuel in the beast, if you don't want to pay the freight.

We see it every year at AOTH, since it is the first run of the season, boats sitting stalled and towed, because of bad fuel. The stuff lasts, what, maybe 30 days? Stabil can be your friend, and for me now it goes in about every tank, but have you checked the price of that stuff lately?

My engine builder had a fit when he saw the shape of my injectors last year. The suspect? Old, crappy fuel.

Better to throw 55 gallons of the good, fresh stuff in the tank and just go run it, and not have to worry about it.
I'll take the 93 vintage please....

Ed Donnelly
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Its already $5 at the pump here in Toronto...........Ed

The Hedgehog
02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
for the season than put stale fuel in the beast, if you don't want to pay the freight.
We see it every year at AOTH, since it is the first run of the season, boats sitting stalled and towed, because of bad fuel. The stuff lasts, what, maybe 30 days? Stabil can be your friend, and for me now it goes in about every tank, but have you checked the price of that stuff lately?
My engine builder had a fit when he saw the shape of my injectors last year. The suspect? Old, crappy fuel.
Better to throw 55 gallons of the good, fresh stuff in the tank and just go run it, and not have to worry about it.

With a little 110 to lube those heads up!:wink:

DAULEY
03-02-2011, 09:05 AM
thought everyone would like this

zelatore
03-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Paid $4.07 for 5 gallons of regular yesterday in Oakland.

Granted, this station is alwasy high but it's near the office and I needed to fill a jerry can as some scumbag had siphoned all the gas out of our service van. :mad:

CHACHI
03-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Don, please check your math.

Ken

Carl C
03-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Don, please check your math.

Ken

Yeah, that's 81 cents a gallon. What are you complaining about.....

Carl C
03-02-2011, 02:10 PM

Running 93 octane now? Interesting....