PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Maltese

smidgen too
02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
For sale a completely restored 28' Maltese Magnum. I'm listing this for my friend Bob Sheer. This Mag has custom built 383 cu small block Chevy engines that make 400+ hp on regular fuel. The drives are Volvo dual prop with Hynautic steering & power trim. This Maltese has less than 100 hours since it's restoration, never left in the water, and always trailered. With this power train package this Mag will cruise all day at 40 mph and top out around 70 mph.The pictures don't do this Maltese justice, she is perfect. Included in the sale is a new aluminum tandem trailer. Asking price for this classic is $35900.00 This Mag in located in Ft Lauderdale Florida. For more information call Bob at 954-646-6070

Greg Guimond
02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Dang, there are certainly some high bar restos out there!

scippy
02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
For sale a completely restored 28' Maltese Magnum. I'm listing this for my friend Bob Sheer. 6070

Mark,

Beautiful boat!!!.............I presume Bob Sheer as in, "Bobby Sheer "Legendary boat racer??............if so, Nice notoriety attached to that boat!

smidgen too
02-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Mark,

Beautiful boat!!!.............I presume Bob Sheer as in, "Bobby Sheer "Legendary boat racer??............if so, Nice notoriety attached to that boat!
Yes it is Bob, Lil Rebel Mag & the SHEER TERROR Flight cat fame. I have had this Mag out on Lake St Clair and it is amazing.

Conquistador_del_mar
02-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!! Bill

dammmagnum
02-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Yes it is Bob, Lil Rebel Mag & the SHEER TERROR Flight cat fame. I have had this Mag out on Lake St Clair and it is amazing.
Mark,

Great looking super clean Magnum
Didn't Bobby buy it not too long ago?

Nice Magnum

Thank you
Jim

MDonziM
02-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Mark,

Very, very sweet looking. I like all the trim pump mounting on the bulkhead I was thinking about that for my project. Good luck with the sale.

smidgen too
02-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Mark,

Great looking super clean Magnum
Didn't Bobby buy it not too long ago?

Nice Magnum

Thank you
Jim
Yes about 18 months ago Jim. Bob will be 67 soon and his Doctor says Mr Sheer Terror needs to slow down. :yes:

smidgen too
02-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Mark,

Very, very sweet looking. I like all the trim pump mounting on the bulkhead I was thinking about that for my project. Good luck with the sale.
Yes mounting the pumps there makes it easer to service them. The rear seat tilts foward also so maintance is much better on the engines..

BlownCrewCab
02-23-2011, 05:47 AM
How is Bob? I know he went in for a "Tune Up" Recently, is everything Okay?

smidgen too
02-23-2011, 09:46 AM
How is Bob? I know he went in for a "Tune Up" Recently, is everything Okay?
Bob is mending but it will take time to be back %100.

silverghost
02-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Tell your friend Bob Sheer to ignore his Dr. and continue to drive his boats fast !
My Father did exactly this and lived to be 92 and on his third pacemaker !
His Cardio Dr. passed-away years ago !
At 91 he was still driving our boats very fast by himself all Summer long : & almost every day ! He put 150 running hours on my skiboat in 2009 !
He also towed & launched the boat on our trailer with my Chevy 44S SS sport-truck; driving all by himself for 90 miles with truck, boat & trailer to Ocean City NJ at age 91 !
Activity keeps you young & alive !
Keep moving !

smidgen too
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Tell your friend Bob Sheer to ignore his Dr. and continue to drive his boats fast !
My Father did exactly this and lived to be 92 and on his third pacemaker !
His Cardio Dr. passed-away years ago !
At 91 he was still driving our boats very fast by himself all Summer long : & almost every day ! He put 150 running hours on my skiboat in 2009 !
He also towed & launched the boat on our trailer with my Chevy 44S SS sport-truck; driving all by himself for 90 miles with truck, boat & trailer to Ocean City NJ at age 91 !
Activity keeps you young & alive !
Keep moving !
Thanks for the good advice. Bob is recovering well from his surgery , but his Doc doesn't recommend him climbing in & out of his Mag for some time. As Bob trailers this Mag, launching this at the boat ramp would be the hard thing to do. Bob will still be active,, they don't call him Mr SHEER TERROR for nothing. :yes: