yes, but is it SAFE ? :shocking:
is it safe if you dont know the sender
comming from st martin

BUIZILLA
02-13-2011, 08:46 PM
why wouldn't it be?

handfulz28
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM
If it was really that easy to steal money from your bank account, we'd hear a lot more horror stories.

I'm sure you've called your bank, told them you have somebody wanting to send you a wire transfer, and they've told you what information to give the sender's bank? If you've done that, there's no way they can take money FROM you. Is the sender's bank in the islands or are they using a domestic bank? A lot of people down there keep an account here in the States. Should make it even easier/safer.

DAULEY
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
If it was really that easy to steal money from your bank account, we'd hear a lot more horror stories.
I'm sure you've called your bank, told them you have somebody wanting to send you a wire transfer, and they've told you what information to give the sender's bank? If you've done that, there's no way they can take money FROM you. Is the sender's bank in the islands or are they using a domestic bank? A lot of people down there keep an account here in the States. Should make it even easier/safer.
you give your bank info to sender not there bank its a island bank
ill talk with my bank tomorrow

tjags
02-14-2011, 08:23 AM
FWIW, I went through this a few months back selling my old boat to a buyer in Canada. I had the same concern, so the bank set up a new checking account for wire transfers, separate from my primary checking. Once the wire was received, I transferred the money from the wire account to my primary checking, and closed the new secondary checking account.

This may have been overkill, but the process was easy, and I felt like I was covered.

DAULEY
02-14-2011, 10:05 AM
FWIW, I went through this a few months back selling my old boat to a buyer in Canada. I had the same concern, so the bank set up a new checking account for wire transfers, separate from my primary checking. Once the wire was received, I transferred the money from the wire account to my primary checking, and closed the new secondary checking account.
This may have been overkill, but the process was easy, and I felt like I was covered.
thanks that is what i will do sound to be the safe way to go

hardcrab
02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I do it all the time, sometimes more than once a day

yes, but is it SAFE ? :shocking:

why wouldn't it be?
I thought you were talking about something else (whew) :wink:

tjags
02-14-2011, 03:01 PM
thanks that is what i will do sound to be the safe way to go

Glad I could help. Good luck.

gmcars10
02-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I wire money back and forth between Canada and the USA pretty much weekly. Just to help anyone out there, if it doesn't feel right....don't do it. Ask questions, get references and figure out why they want what you have or are offering you something you may want from somewhere unusual. Talk to them, don't be shy.
I have never been stung and needless to say never stung anyone. When you do wire transfers internationally, they require bank info and transit numbers as well as personal information. Your bank should be able to look after you and let you know if they request unessary information.
Just trust your gut, as I personally have never sold anything to Nigeria, Africa or the North Pole.

Offset
02-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Jeez Canada and Nigeria in the same thread??:shocking::shocking: Just cannot trust those Canadians!!! Do whatever you have to to protect yourself. The new wire transfer account sounds like a piece of sound advice.