PDA

View Full Version : Why....

Rob M
02-11-2011, 05:27 PM
...do people list boats (or cars for that matter) for sale and never respond to emails or phone messages? And I am not talking about craigslist "scam" ads. It's almost like they don't really want to sell.

realbold
02-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Scared? :eek!:

MOP
02-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Testing the water with just one TOE!

Conquistador_del_mar
02-11-2011, 07:33 PM
...do people list boats (or cars for that matter) for sale and never respond to emails or phone messages? And I am not talking about craigslist "scam" ads. It's almost like they don't really want to sell.

Yep, I have run into that at times, too. I always like it when the seller has his phone number listed - so much easier and faster to make deals. A plus to talking to the seller is you can usually get a lot of the small details that emails leave out. If someone has taken the time to list something, they should be checking their emails at least once a day and answering their phone messages immediately in my book. Bill

LKSD
02-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Yep, I have run into that at times, too. I always like it when the seller has his phone number listed - so much easier and faster to make deals. A plus to talking to the seller is you can usually get a lot of the small details that emails leave out. If someone has taken the time to list something, they should be checking their emails at least once a day and answering their phone messages immediately in my book. Bill

I agree. :)

MOP
02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Many times they just do not have the courtesy to return mail or calls, never can quite figure out why some are such A holes!

HOWARD O
02-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I've also tried to email and call on a particular boat and never hear a thing.

One possible explanation, particularly with fishing boats around here, is the man told his significant other that he indeed DOES have the boat for sale. I happen to know one particular gentleman that listed his boat for sale in a local trader magazine and intentionally left the wrong phone number! :yes:

Craig S
02-16-2011, 11:16 AM
or they sell it, and don't have the courtesy to remove the ad!
Find myself calling, emailing, texting, and they never respond.