PDA

View Full Version : Hatch hinges

Buddyc
02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Saw these Dana power hinges. Im sure there old news to you guys but they look real sweet.. Anyone ever use or see them on person?
http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Images/ProductDetailsImages/productimage2_85.gif

MOP
02-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Several members have various hatch gizmos, they are nice but you must have a way to get then open if the mechanism fails. Most all are electric over hydraulic, you will need a way to jump power into the system if it does screw up. Phil

gcarter
02-06-2011, 04:25 PM
What Phil said, but did you notice the price? You could buy a very good used Bravo for the same amount.
Also, mounted on such a small hatch like an 18, they don't open very far, it's the limits of the geometry. They do much better on a much larger hatch.
They're still slick though.
New Donzi Classics come w/nice pneumatic lifts, like on a car hood. All you really need is the mounting hardware for them. You can get the lifts themselves at your local parts store more easily.

LKSD
02-07-2011, 07:40 AM
George is right the power lifts like that are big $$.. I offer the OE Style hatch shock kits which are a lot less. I also have some other even less expensive styles that will also do the job.. The least expensive though would be just a prop stick which is what would have been used in that era if you wanted it held open without removing the hatch to work in there.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Buddyc
02-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I appriciate the info. I have bigger fish to fry then those hinges. Just thought they were sweet lookin. I dont even know if Rootsy had the origional hinges or any at all. Like gcarter said I think the pnuematiccar hood plungers would work great

BUIZILLA
02-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I saw those hinges on Bert's boat up close... very close.... requires it's own trim pump... they are wayyyyy over the top for a hatch that size, but they sure look cool..