PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Eats???

Barry Eller
02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
What are you having for Superbowl Eats???
I'm smoking Boston Butts again...and getting an early start with a Clamato Juice Coctail...:wink:

BobinCovington
02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Just started my weekend chili in the crock pot...alder chip smoked and barbecued a couple of pounds of flat iron steak and a pound of bone-in pork shoulder and cubed it up. Added some good new mexico green chilis, onion and all the rest of the chili spices, beef stock, beer, beans, hot sauce and crushed tomotoes.

Before the game I will make up some corn bread muffins throwing in some green chilis, creamed corn and a little spiced rum into the mix. Then a few garnishes and a beer and we are good to go for the game.

We will probably whip together some good nachos and some homemade tomatillo and lime guacamole for snacking on.

The best part is the big batch of chili should last for leftovers for a couple of days.

Now if I can just win something on the football pool.

Carl C
02-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Reheated lasagna. I work today and should get home just in time for kick-off. Hey, Barry, cool face book pic ;)

Donzi Vol
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I'll be taking the wings, fries, and cheese dip to the party tonight. There are a few perks to being in the food business :)

Donziweasel
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Eating with Don (Zelator) and Michelle. Grilled elk steaks with bernaise sauce, grilled apsaragus wrapped in prohciutto, wild rice.

BobinCovington
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Hold on now Donziweazel...you guys are putting together a "real" meal and up a few notches from the average party fare. Sounds amazing...I love elk (and bernaise). Hopefully you have a good bottle of wine or something to go with it. Enjoy!

Donziweasel
02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Hold on now Donziweazel...you guys are putting together a "real" meal and up a few notches from the average party fare. Sounds amazing...I love elk (and bernaise). Hopefully you have a good bottle of wine or something to go with it. Enjoy!

I'm just showing off for Don....... :) Actually, Don earned it after helping me get the road cleared yesterday........

I might have to put aside my rum for a little wine tonight...... :)

DAULEY
02-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Eating with Don (Zelator) and Michelle. Grilled elk steaks with bernaise sauce, grilled apsaragus wrapped in prohciutto, wild rice.
what time is dinner sounds great

Donziweasel
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
what time is dinner sounds great

6:45 mountain time...... :)

Conquistador_del_mar
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Another pork tenderloin is almost done smoking on the Big Green Egg. I like the sound of some of the other goodies you guys are preparing - :yes:

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Rib steaks grilled , crab , hash browns , fried with red peppers's & onion's , along with mixed vegie's and all the booze that goes with it from Rum , wine and the bubbly . No beer here tonite .