PDA

View Full Version : New Criterion?

Boatman
01-10-2004, 04:42 PM
I have it on good authority that Donzi is seriously considering introducing a new Criterion on the existing 22 Classic hull. Sounds good to me,what do you guys think? BTW,this is Magicfloat,I couldn't remember my password so I logged in under a friend's name till I can find my password. But this is a real possibility,not a rumor. Let's give them some input. Robert Nelems

Magic Float
01-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks,Scott,it works. Robert

mphatc
01-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Just guessing . . .

I doubt Madpoodle wants to see another Criterion,
:p
probably as much as I'd like to see more Corsicans, :)

they would only water down our retirement plans :D

MPHATC

Magic Float
01-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks,Scott,it works. Robert

Ed Donnelly
01-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Those of us that have Criterions(Whoops, speaking for myself), like the rarity of what we have.Now if they are going to do the Criterion and not the 11 or S.S., then I guess that may be O.K. Then again maybe they should do the 11 as that is the true DREAM boat... :confused: :confused: ..Ed

RedDog
01-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Often the reintroduction of a classic (lower case) model serves to rejuvenate interest in and value of the original. A new GTO is coming out - obviously not the same as the original but I bet it stimulates the desire for the original...

PS - good to hear from you Robert!

McGary911
01-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Thats an interesting situation for sure. I have an original, and will that hurt the value of my boat? I think it will be ok. Kinda like Carroll Shelby building those continuation cobras. The '66 427s still are worth a mint. I admit that i've looked through perf catalogs and would love to upgrade with some Gaffrigs and whatnot, but aside from the engine, I'm keeping it original. Maybe Donzi noticed how the sharks circle every time one shows up for sale, and they realized that people think theyre cool. It will be fun to watch for sure.

Hey, then maybe i can get some replacement Criterion decals for the rear sides. (my C is a bit worn) :)

Cuda
01-10-2004, 07:12 PM
I think it would be a hot item, especially if they design it after the Criterion II.

I'm sure the price tag on them would keep them out of my reach.

How are you feeling Robert?

Magic Float
01-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Feeling pretty good,Cuda,but wheelchairs are not fun. May be boating this season in a pontoon boat,but at least it's boating.

BUIZILLA
01-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Two things...

I have a 2004 GTO 6 speed on order, been ordered for 7 months now, I jumped on the waiting list in Dec. 2002...... yesterday they called and said it was *lost* I've lost interest in even getting it at this point. :rolleyes: I told them I wanted a blue SSR or a C6 for the same price :p

I HAVE a Criterion in the garage :D and have spent the last 4 weeks getting to know it VERY intimately. I have spent over 50 hours working on it in the last 6 days alone.(who is the wacko engineer that put the 2 inaccessable switch panel screws BEHIND the bolster??)Prolly the same 4'6" engineer that designed the driver footrests that puts my knee against the leg opening :confused:

Seriously, this is an interesting development. The more time I spend working on mine, the more enamored I am with it. It has become an obsession (sounds like a boat name coming on..) I just stand and stare at it sometimes with a ****eating grin. There's just something unique and sacred about it. My friends just sare in awe at the lines and the condition of it. There's just something about it...

What would they call a new updated rendering, a Criterion III?? SSC? Would it be a walkthru? benchseater?

I have a couple seriously worthwhile idea's if the engineers care for an opinion of an owner at this point. Both in function and styling. How about a rear deck/engine hatch like a 63-64 Thunderbird roadster?? or a one piece PortoFino style wraparound windscreen, starting in front of the front seats, and flaring/taper down the side? or BOTH???

Removable swim platform?

6.2HO, 496HO B3 or 496DPX as standard power? Yanmar 350hp/B3 for the Europeans..

whatever they design, make damn sure it has a topmounted lightweight reduction starter, EFI, easier access sea water pump, remote oil filter(s), Q&Q exhaust, fresh water cooling, tilt helm, hydraulic dual ram steering, battery switches, dual batteries, anchor locker, pop-up midship cleats, and killer tunes, and, oh yeah... more driver legroom.

J

no, it's not for sale... :D :) :cool:

roadtrip se
01-10-2004, 08:13 PM
I for one like modern materials applied in a classic design. Perhaps a little heavier laminate, hardware, and the like to make the Citerion III more durable and capable of handling the big power that would most certainly find its way into the engine bay! ITS or twin ram steering, shortie drive options, silver billet, a REAL HIGH QUALITY wrap around windshield, and pop-ups all the way around. Perfect!

Build it and price it right, we will buy it!

Todd

Shanghied Again
01-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Robert, I am just glad to see your ok, how you feeling. Great to see you back :D

RedDog
01-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Would they call a modern Criterion a "bow rider?"

OK - I know its a bad joke. Just trying to keep you stirred up!