PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis July 4th 2011

Marvair
02-04-2011, 06:57 PM
I just locked in my reservations for the holiday weekend. We'll be staying in the Briarcliff Marina area.The place is on the water and has a nice boat house, just right for visitors. I was supprised the agent says things are filling up fast, sales 101, but glad to get my first choice. If any one is interested I'll post the link.

Marvin.

fegettes
02-05-2011, 08:34 AM
I have spent many many weekend trips and vacations at Lake Travis and I look for excuses to go there. However, I will not spend another holiday weekend there, it just is not enjoyable. The weekend before, or the weekend after a holiday weekend is so much better. Weekdays are the best when most of the time, you can catch 90% of the lake like glass.

Good luck.

Steve

Marvair
02-05-2011, 09:21 AM
I have spent many many weekend trips and vacations at Lake Travis and I look for excuses to go there. However, I will not spend another holiday weekend there, it just is not enjoyable. The weekend before, or the weekend after a holiday weekend is so much better. Weekdays are the best when most of the time, you can catch 90% of the lake like glass.

Good luck.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I agree it does get crowded on any weekend, we're comming in on Thursday morning. My wife's co-workers jammed up the summer calender and this was the only dates available. I hope to do some am and pm cruising with afternoon floating in some calm cove. Last year I nearly creamed a waverunner by Pace Bend Park. I was watching him all the time, he was watching the prop wash behind him. We got close enough for him to hear me call him a F%$$#n I%$&t. Planning on at least one nite on 6th street for some live music.

Marvin.

sweet 16 1966
02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Lake Travis would be fun. I wish it was closer!

fegettes
02-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks Steve, I agree it does get crowded on any weekend, we're comming in on Thursday morning. My wife's co-workers jammed up the summer calender and this was the only dates available. I hope to do some am and pm cruising with afternoon floating in some calm cove. Last year I nearly creamed a waverunner by Pace Bend Park. I was watching him all the time, he was watching the prop wash behind him. We got close enough for him to hear me call him a F%$$#n I%$&t. Planning on at least one nite on 6th street for some live music.

Marvin.

Ah yes, 6th street, it doesn't get any better than that. For what it is worth, for a Holiday weekend, I recommend spending weekday time on the lake, 6th street at night, and anchoring in a cove on the weekend, .....but, you probably already know that.