PDA

View Full Version : Rolling blackouts here in Texas

Conquistador_del_mar
02-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Apparently the power usage with the extreme cold is enough to where there are rolling blockouts of power of 10-45 minutes to all but the hospitals and nursing homes. My last one about 30 minutes ago only lasted about 13 minutes. This is something I have not experienced. :nilly: Bill

Craig S
02-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Same here in Houston.
I'm teaching, but we've been warned.

Tony
02-02-2011, 11:05 AM
My son flew to Dallas on business last Sunday...and is now stuck there!

He says the whole city is a sheet of ice, with temps below freezing so it is not melting. His hotel has no power, and his rental car is due back but he cannot drive anywhere.

He has no idea when he might find a flight back to Chicago, which got totally hammered with about 2' of snow.

Record snowfall here in Michigan, coupled with huge winds...

:nilly:

Conquistador_del_mar
02-02-2011, 11:10 AM
My son flew to Dallas on business last Sunday...and is now stuck there!

He says the whole city is a sheet of ice, with temps below freezing so it is not melting. His hotel has no power, and his rental car is due back but he cannot drive anywhere.

He has no idea when he might find a flight back to Chicago, which got totally hammered with about 2' of snow.

Record snowfall here in Michigan, coupled with huge winds...

:nilly:

I live about 60 miles north of Dallas. All the roads here including Highway 75 are completely covered in ice that is not going to melt for another couple days. Most everything here is shut down. My wife works at Midway Mall which actually announced a shut down - only happenned once before in all her 20+ years of working there. Bill