PDA

View Full Version : Another Prop Question

BlakeSullivan
01-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse but after the install of the 500 Efi in my 22c with blackhawk X dim I seem to be hitting the rev limiter before I reach from what i can tell "top speed" I am running a 27p 4 bladed Hydromotive. And input on prop size would be great. Thanks Blake Sullivan:pimp:

mrfixxall
02-01-2011, 12:37 AM
I hate to beat a dead horse but after the install of the 500 Efi in my 22c with blackhawk X dim I seem to be hitting the rev limiter before I reach from what i can tell "top speed" I am running a 27p 4 bladed Hydromotive. And input on prop size would be great. Thanks Blake Sullivan:pimp:

ask carl,you are close to his set up,i think he is running a 30p labbed bravo one prop..From what i understand your boat may not like the hydro prop..

LKSD
02-01-2011, 08:18 AM
I agree time to try and go up a size or 2..

Titan
02-01-2011, 08:00 PM
I am running a Raylar HO525 so probably close in HP with a stock X-dimension with a -2 imco. I spin a 27 Hydromotive Qiv to the stock limiter. I just bought a 28 as they make every inch in that prop but have not tried it yet. I couldn't decide between the 28 and the 29 but thought I would try the 28 first. I am currently running a labbed 29 mirage to about 5150 RPM. I like the way the four blades handle on my boat better, a little slower than the mirage but more stable. I prefered the Hydro over the Bravo 1, a little better handling and more speed for at the same RPM. Hopefully the 28 works well.:crossfing: Hope to try it soon!

undertaker
02-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Titan what kind of performance gain did you see with the Raylar kit??? What did the shorty give you speed and handling wise? Very Curious....

Undertaker:shades:

PS Feel free to PM me your response dont wanna hijack this prop thread:wink:

Titan
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Titan what kind of performance gain did you see with the Raylar kit??? What did the shorty give you speed and handling wise? Very Curious....

Gained 2-3 mph with the shorty but made a huge difference on the way the boat handled. The Raylar kit with Dana exhaust got me another 10 -12 mph. I am still playing with props and have an air/fuel monitor to install yet as they set it up fairly rich to be on the safe side. Would be nice to know where I am running, transom is fairly black after an afternoon of running. Not sure I am on the right track with the hydro, worked well in the low 70's but might be too much stern lift now??? Time will tell.

undertaker
02-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Gained 2-3 mph with the shorty but made a huge difference on the way the boat handled. The Raylar kit with Dana exhaust got me another 10 -12 mph. I am still playing with props and have an air/fuel monitor to install yet as they set it up fairly rich to be on the safe side. Would be nice to know where I am running, transom is fairly black after an afternoon of running. Not sure I am on the right track with the hydro, worked well in the low 70's but might be too much stern lift now??? Time will tell.

Titan sent you a PM......:yes::yes:

Undertaker:shades:

BlakeSullivan
02-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Does anyone one have an extra 29 3 blade they would be willing to lend for testing I would of course be fully responsible for any damages. Thanks Blake Sullivan

Carl C
02-08-2011, 04:04 PM

ask carl,you are close to his set up,i think he is running a 30p labbed bravo one prop..From what i understand your boat may not like the hydro prop..

Thanks Fixx, yeah similar set-up but I'm not sure what is meant by "blackhawk X dim". Yes I am running a 30p Bravo one from BBlades. I am bumping the rev limiter on a good run which is where I've been told the power is. Keep in mind though that a 30p B1 is equal to about a 28 or 29p of most other make props. Blake, is your tach working. Any top speed info? The Hydromotive is a popular choice for our boats and you need more pitch. Rev limiter on the 525 is 5,400. I think the limiter is at 5,250 rpm on the 500 EFI. I would say going up one pitch number to a 28 would get the job done?

BlakeSullivan
02-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks Fixx, yeah similar set-up but I'm not sure what is meant by "blackhawk X dim". Yes I am running a 30p Bravo one from BBlades. I am bumping the rev limiter on a good run which is where I've been told the power is. Keep in mind though that a 30p B1 is equal to about a 28 or 29p of most other make props. Blake, is your tach working. Any top speed info? The Hydromotive is a popular choice for our boats and you need more pitch. Rev limiter on the 525 is 5,400. I think the limiter is at 5,250 rpm on the 500 EFI. I would say going up one pitch number to a 28 would get the job done?
Thanks for the Input Carl , my boat came from donzi with the Blackhawk drive so my x dim is higher than a standard 22 which was super costly when it came to having my header's made but my tach is working and for top speed info the gps speedo stops at 80, I should have got the one that goes higher but hey live you learn but a do really enjoy the hydromotive its a great prop very stable but I do believe on size would make a differnece.

Carl C
02-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the Input Carl , my boat came from donzi with the Blackhawk drive so my x dim is higher than a standard 22 which was super costly when it came to having my header's made but my tach is working and for top speed info the gps speedo stops at 80, I should have got the one that goes higher but hey live you learn but a do really enjoy the hydromotive its a great prop very stable but I do believe on size would make a differnece.

80 is pretty good. I think going up one pitch number will get you where you want. If you are only hitting the limiter in ideal conditions I'd leave it alone. I'm at 83. 85-86 in ideal conditions.

BlakeSullivan
02-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Carl, Thanks for all the help I came across a Buddy who has a 30p Bravo along with a 28p Hyrdomotive so that works out great, but you know it all ways the same old story just want a little faster, I guess there is no such thing as fast enough. I was going to put a 2 inch shortie on my boat but I was informed it would never get on plane so I am very weary to buy one .

Carl C
02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Carl, Thanks for all the help I came across a Buddy who has a 30p Bravo along with a 28p Hyrdomotive so that works out great, but you know it all ways the same old story just want a little faster, I guess there is no such thing as fast enough. I was going to put a 2 inch shortie on my boat but I was informed it would never get on plane so I am very weary to buy one .

Wow, lucky you. Those are two props that may be just right for your boat. I'd like to know the outcome even though I guess it will be awhile.

BlakeSullivan
02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Ha, I tend to be a little nutty so I will let you know next week.

Carl C
02-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Sounds good but don't overprop it for cold weather performance! You should be bumping the limiter in perfect conditions IMO. Keep in mind that I am not the prop guru or Donzi expert. I just try to pass on what I have learned from experience and from participating in these forums for years. Good luck. Looking forward to the results. Maybe you can borrow a handheld gps. Get rpm #s too!